chapter twenty three

Will I Ever Find True Love Again?

 

chapter twenty-three

"YAH!!" Jiyeon hollered when she woke up, drenched in cold water, her bed soaked wet as she opened her eyes and glared at the culprit.

Zico grinned, did a peace sign before running out of her room laughing his head off. Five months had gone by but the Kwon's hadn't made any moves which gave Jiyeon and IU time to relax a little. It was summer break and Zico was dared by Zelo to dump cold water onto Jiyeon who accepted that challenge.

Jiyeon had already washed up, changed her clothes, changed her bed sheets and went down stairs. She heard loud laughters and smirked when she saw Zico.

"Zico~" She cooed with an evil smile.

"Oh ." Zico muttered. "It was a dare!" He pointed to Zelo who had a grin on his face.

Jiyeon broke out into run and chased Zico around the house, with Zico calling for help as he shouted "I'm sorry!" many times as he escaped from Jiyeon. The others laughed as they were all having fun until Jongup came bursting through the door with a cry. One stopped chasing, the other stopped running as the others stopped laughing as they all turned to Jongup who had stained tears on his cheeks.

"Jongup, what's wrong?" Jieun asked as she hugged him as Jongup broke down and cried again.

"Why do you have blood on you?" Kwangmin asked as he noticed the blood stains on Jongup's clothes. "Where the hell is Minwoo? He was just here 2 hours ago!"

"Didn't he go to buy food?" Seyong spoke up as he went over to calm Jongup. "What happened?"

Jongup was trembling. Jiyeon and Jieun had never seen Jongup so frieghtened before. Jiyeon walked over to Jongup and hugged him tightly.

"What's wrong?" She asked him softly. "Tell me what happened."

"M-Minwoo.. h-he..." Jongup's eyes widens even more as tears spilled out. He was breathing heavily making it hard for him to speak.  Seyong patted his back gently repeatedly as Jiyeon tried to make Jongup to tell her what had happened.

The fun morning had turned into a disaster. After Jongup had told them what happened, they had sat there in a daze. No Minwoo was dead. Brutally killed by Leeteuk himself. According to Jongup who followed Minwoo because he too wanted to buy food. Leeteuk had forcefully dragged Minwoo by the collar and to an abandoned warehouse and brutally killed him. Jongup couldn't say any further as he started to trembled and Jiyeon had to hug him tight.

Niel came stumbling in with a terrified expression. "G-Guys, y-you have to come and see this."

They all looked up at Niel and could see his expressions. Fear and pain. They all followed Niel out to the garden and gasped. Jongup turned around and snuggled into Jiyeon's hold, letting out another cry. There, scattered in the pool was Minwoo's bodies parts. His arms and legs were brutally cut off as his head was brutally ripped off. The pool was now red due to the blood.

Some covered their mouths, to prevent themselves from throwing up and others covering their mouths to prevent themselves from crying out loud. Jiyeon and Jieun were trembling in anger.

"H-How dare he!" Jiyeon stuttered in anger as she tightened her grip around Jongup who was still crying.

"When I came out here, I saw s-something falling from the sky. I didn't think anything else and just turned around until I heard a loud splash." Niel explained as he tried to sound calm as possible. "I turned around... only to see Minwoo's body scattered in the pool..." He trailed off, not wanting to say any more as he shook his head to get rid of the image of Minwoo's detached body in the pool.

 

The day went by slowly as everyone in the house were mourning over Minwoo's sudden assassination. With the work of her father's henchmen, Jiyeon had gone to both of the clan's joint memorial cemetery. As every one was wearing all black clothing, Mr Park and Mr Lee both carried the empty coffin and placed it beside the dug up ground. 

Yongguk cringed as he placed each and every part of Minwoo's body into the coffin. Even though he has done this many times, it was the first time he had to clean Minwoo's detached body parts and had forced himself to not throw up. *He will pay!* Yongguk promised himself. *He has gone way to far. And to think we were able to relax, this happens. This is war!* His jaw clenched as he stood back up, wiping his hands with a white cloth he lets out a shaky sigh.

The coffin was then closed as Mr Park and Mr Lee slowly let the coffin go down into the hole. Once it was placed down correctly, they began to re-burry the coffin.

"They'll pay." Jiyeon whispered, her eyes filled with hatred of her own brother. "I won't let you live."

 

Meanwhile at the Kwon's mafia headquarters, Leeteuk was in his room, satisfied with his work as he sat back with his eyes closed. He had no idea that he was now Jiyeon's next main target.

"Leeteuk," Heechul, a member of Super Junior knocked on the door before coming in. "Was that really necessary to kill Minwoo in broad daylight?"

"It's not like they'll know who killed him." He shrugged.

"I wouldn't say that." Heechul gave him a look.

"Why?"

"Niel was following Minwoo and saw everything. I'm pretty sure Jiyeon has already caught on you."

"What can she do on her own? She usually has her gangs go it."

"I wouldn't say that Leeteuk." Taecyeon said as he came inside with the other members of Super Junior. Leeteuk raised an eyebrow up. "Jiyeon is capable of everything. Otherwise she wouldn't have taken over your father's position. If it wasn't her, it would of been you but you betrayed your own family without knowing that Jo Kwon was the one who killed Hyerin."

"And? Wht does that got to do with Jiyeon?"

"She is capable of killing all of us herself. You weren't here so you wouldn't know." Junsu shuddered at the past of her mercily killing the first generation of 2PM. "You know that the first generation of 2PM were our father's right?"

"Of course. I was given that information when I joined. What about them?"

"Jiyeon killed them herself. She wasn't armed with any weapons but she still killed our fathers when they were armed with knifes and blades. That's how strong and dangerous she is Leeteuk. Don't look down on your sister. It's the same for IU as well. We're just warning you."

"What are you going to do now?" Heechul asked as the boys of 2PM left the room.

"I'll just sit back and relax. It's not I fear my own sister." He chuckled. "Let's see what she can do."

"Suit yourself." Heechul shrugged and headed to the door. "But don't go to us and say we didn't warn you."

 

Back at the main household, Jiyeon and Jieun called for a meeting. It was the meeting between the two leaders and their parents. Only Yongguk and G.NA was there, standing beside Jiyeon and Jieun. The atmosphere was tense and heavy. Neither spoke as the sat at the rectangular table. The two leaders sat across each other as Mr and Mrs Park sat on the left as Mr and Mrs Lee sat across them.

Both of their parents are beyond furious, after Yongguk had told them the news of Minwoo's death. What Leeteuk has done was unforgivable and the fact he had joined hands with Jo Kwon, they had marked him as a traitor.

Jiyeon leaned back in her chair. "What do you think we should do? Before I go and kill all of them." She said in a low and menacing tone. Her eyes emitted a dark feeling as she kept her gaze fixed on Jieun who did the same.

"We should keep an eye on Jungsoo. It seems like he's the only one going about while the members are staying quiet." Mrs Lee suggested as she tapped her finger nails on the table.

"Then what about the other members of the Kwon's?" Jieun raised an eyebrow. "Should we just ignore them as well?" She rolled

"Of course not," Mrs Lee frowned. "But what I'm saying is to keep a closer eye on Jungsoo. We don't know what he'll be up to next."

Jiyeon smirked. "Not if I interfere. I have a hunch what he'll do..." She chuckled. "Isn't it obvious? He think that I'll be relying on the guys and thinks I can't fight for myself." She leaned back and stared at her father and then at Mr Lee. "Weren't the three of you best friends? What happened to that bond between the three of you?"

Both of her parents stiffened as Jieun's parents looked elsewhere. Jiyeon and Jieun noticed it and raised an eye brow up. Leaning back in her chair, Jieun lets out a sigh.

"This meeting will not  be dismissed if you do not tell us." She stated and looked over to her parents. "So," She leaned in and placed her elbows on the table. "Care to tell us why this war happened?"

"Alright." Mr Park said, giving in with a heavy sigh. "I'll give a long short summary." He rubbed his temples, letting out another sigh. "You see, Jo Kwon's father, Jin and I both fell in love with the same girl." He gazed at his wife with a smile. "We both confessed to her at different times but Jin confessed first but got rejected. He was fine until he saw me dating your mother and he didn't like.

Our bond distanced and we didn't know what had gotten into him. What ever I said to him as a joke, he would get mad at me for no reason. Remember the day your mother was almost killed?" He looked at Jiyeon with a strong gaze, she nodded. "That time... Jin had forcefully kidnapped your mother while I had business to attend to. When he called me that he had her as hostage, I immediately rushed over to her. Jin declared war, between us mafia clans. If he won by killing all of us, then I would hand over your mother. Of course I opposed but that didn't stop him from almost killing her.

Thats how the war between us started." He sighed and leaned back into his chair.

"Then is that Jin person still alive?" Jieun asked as she leaned in with a smirk.

"Yes why?"

"Jo Kwon is his son right?" Mr Park nodded. "Jo Kwon has been doing everything for past few months since the war officially started and Jin hasn't done anything right?"

"Yes."

"Jo Kwon... is his precious son isn't he?" She chuckled darkly. "Let's take him as a hostage. Even though Jo Kwon has taken over his father's mafia clan, he's nothing compared to us."

"I like that." Jiyeon smirked, before her parents could say anything. "But we will keep an eye on Jungsoo still." She stood up and left the meeting room as Jieun followed as well.

The four parents sighed as they leaned back, shaking their heads. Mr Park looked over to his wife and then over to Jieun's parents. "Do you think this is the right thing to do?" He asked, rubbing his temples.

"Jin was the one who declared the war. There's nothing we can do about it." Mrs Lee said.

"Jihye, this will put both of our daughters in danger. We could lose them."

"We can't back out now Seunghoon." Jihye said softly. "The girls are strong and they know what they are doing. Their gangs are there to protect them." She said with a smile. "I have never seen any gangs that are so protective over their leader. Jiyeon is lucky to have such caring gang members."

Hyejoo chuckled. "Of course, that's my Jiyeon after all." However her expression turned grave. "If he dare hurt the girls in any way." Her gaze was piercing and cold. "There will be consequences."

 

In her room, Jiyeon was laying on her bed, her phone in her hand, held above her face. As she looked through her contact list, she stopped at one name; T.O.P, and with a smirk she called him.

"Hello?"

"How's being a spy?"

"Good. Is there something you need."

"Yes." She chuckled lowly.

"Did something happen?"

"Minwoo was killed by Jungsoo."

"I see. What is it that you need?"

"Tonight at 11 pm. Bring Jo Kwon, use any method without being seen. Bring him to the abandoned warehouse located near the main house." She smirked as she played with her nails.

"Understood."

"Ah, T.O.P?"

"Yes?"

"Make sure no one is following you and have CL, Minho and Kiseop as your secret back up."

"I understand."

The call ended as Jiyeon sat back up. Her eyes were cold and gave a dark aura. "Just you wait Jungsoo. I'll show you who's not to be messed with. Brother or not."