Heartbreak and Tonight

Unraveling Love

"Jenny."

His arms, so welcoming, wrapping me up in a cocoon from behind. His warm breaths tingled my the side of my nape as his moist lips planted perfect kisses along my shoulder. I bit my lip as my hands unconsciously reach for his loving arms. I slowly turned my head towards his', feeling his sculpted face against mine's. The way his tongue gently slides against my neck, the way he holds me as if I'm going to crumble at any second, the way he whispers sweet nothings into my ears, and my ears only. I love it. So perfect on how the way he moves, creating tingling sensations upon my yearning skin, aching for his touch only.

"Top."

"Jenny."










"Jenny."

My eyes snapped open. Ailee was sitting there, frustrated on the lack of attention she's recieving. I flushed, diverting my eyes to the table.

"God dammit- Jen, I've been calling you for five times!"

"Sorry. I was-" daydreaming about the damn Choi Seunghyun, "-preoccupied."

"Preoccupied?" Ailee scrunched up her nose, "Okay?"

"Oh- um, what do you think about the plan?" My eyes brightened up.

"That devil of a plan you're referring to?" Her lips curled into a wicked smirk. Oh no. I've seen that smirk before. Specifically, on Chaerin's face last night. 













"I'm going to seduce him," And there goes Chaerin's floor-dropping jaw, "I'm going to show him the new sedructress in me."

"Unnie..." Chaerin regained herself, "You don't exactly have experience. You're crazy! Pabo-unnie! How are you sure that he's going to fall for your weak tricks?"

I groaned, "He has to!"

"No offense unnie.... you're...." Chaerin eyed me up and down to see my out-of-trend blouse and my old faded jeans, "...not what I consider, hot."

"Yah! Chaerin-ah, can you at least support your unnie for once?"

"I'm a fashion designer," Chaerin mumbled, "I convey what I see through my outfits or words."

My frown deepened as I heard those words. Am I not hot? Am I not y enough? Sure, I do know my fashion skills are out of trend (and I'm lucky to have Chaerin as my neighbour), but I don't think I'm that out of style. I do get flirted by men, but I have yet to learn the skills of flirting. I puffed out my disappointment, and brought my hand up to my chin. 

"Arasso, unnie," Chaerin broke the silence, "I'll help your journey to become y."

Squeals erupted from my throat.

"Chaerin-ah!" I squeezed her tightly, "Thank you! Thank you! Wah..."

"Alright unnie," Chaerin stood up, "I'll go get some vital ingredients."

My eyebrows became puzzled, "What?"

Chaerin turned back and gave me a wicked smirk.

"That Choi Seunghyun will regret his actions."















"I'm so on board for that plan." Ailee smugly suggested.

"Dude. You're so going to help me." I demanded.

"Girl, I got your back. And you know it." She winked.

"Right. All that's left is," A quick glance to the counter, "Dongwook."

"Hm," Ailee snickered, earning a muddled expression from me, "This will be interesting."

"What's intere- forget it. I .Need. Every. y. Tip. ASAP." 

"Have you ever heard of your intuition? You know," She flicked her wrist, "Human nature? Duh."

"Amy, I'm asking for real instructions."

"Jenny, I'm giving you actual instructions." That mimicking troll.

"Amy, I don't actually have experience." Pause, "This body doesn't exactly scream 'y'."

"Hold up girl, have you seen those long legs?" She reminded, "Your hidden curves do scream ' goddess'."

"Exactly. I don't know what to do with it!"

Ailee gave me a side smug looking grin, "You do have experience, you liar."

"I don't!"

"Liar!" She screamed, "We've seen you and Top at lonely nights. Ten minutes after midnight, beyond the isolated rooftop beneath the glistening moon. Liar! I do have proof, you lying nymph!"

Ailee briskly pulled out her phone, swiping the screen as if it's her last minute on earth. Shoving the phone onto my face, she gave me that annoying smirk I've told her to stop doing for years.

I took in the breathtaking sight. There was me. Just beneath the glistening moon, the white moonlight highlighting my best features on my face. My gleaming lips were pulled up into a smile, the best smile I've seen of myself. So full of happiness. Full of love. Messy, tangled hair, with a mess of a bun on my head. It seemed pretty evident that I didn't care about it at all. My plain white shirt, paired with an unmatching heart patterned pants, still stained with ketchup and mustard from my nineteenth birthday. But my eyes. Oh, my eyes, filled with infatuated waves of adoration, engulfing one's eyes into a loving hug. And how ironic that my puppy eyes were met with his captivating one's. There it was, his captivating eyes. It certainly captivated me then, and still captivates me now. The burning passion for his piercing eyes still can't be described, even until this day. Filled with intense possessiveness, yet also with gentle endearment. And his signature sharp lips, inches away from my smile. He was matching with my white shirt, just wearing his boxers. The way my pale arms hooked onto his neck perfectly, the pose, just perfect. Not a single flaw on him. And not a single flaw on this picture. This picture, where affections happened just among the moonlight and the dancing fireflies. Where sweet talks were held under everybody's noses, exactly ten minutes after midnight. Where our breaths mingled in unison, for what we stood for. Our love.

How ironic.

To think that the loving partner in this picture, whom held me tightly in his arms, whom felt my soul by his alluring eyes, whom captured my lips into a sweet vow, would treat me with this unbearable pain that haunted me with unstoppable nightmares day and night.

To think that his harmonious promise vows turned into bitter myths.

To think that his secluded attempts on erasing me would torment my fragile heart.


"- Jenny!" Ailee's voice slapped me out of my trance, "Sorry! I-"

Drop upon drop, heartbroken tears glide upon my cheeks.




















"Unnie!" Chaerin bursted into my apartment (casual of her), "Don't bother repaying. It's all on me!"

Chaerin flung me a rack of royal attire. I gaped.

"Yejin-- Ailee unnie!" Chaerin exclaimed, "Did you set everything up for tonight?"

"Of course! Anything for Bom." Ailee winked.

"Let's get Bom-unnie dolled up for tonight."