Rainy Night

Catman [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rainy Night

 

 

The rain was pouring hard that night. A petite body running slightly with an umbrella in the hold right after she got off of the bus. The neighborhood was quiet, all she could hear was the rain sounds hitting her only shelter;umbrella on her way back home. 

“Ah~ so cold” she mumbled to herself.

While slightly running she still made sure to pay attention to the road so she won't possibly slip or fall. She also made a big jump to avoid a puddle in front of her. 

“Agh” she sighed, halted her steps. “Stupid puddle. This my one and only training shoes!!” she hissed looking at the puddle behind her;glaring. After satisfied with the glared she got for the innocent puddle, she continued to walk with annoyed steps.

She walks up the high stairs to reach her home.

“Meow~ meow~” a cat meowing suddenly, echoed in the quiet alley. Seul Yi surprise and halted herself and walk back a little before shout out of shock “Kya~!”. 

The cat sprints it way towards her as she squeals once again. 

“Yahh!! Go away!” she shoos it away with all her might. Doesn’t care if she will be wet, she use her umbrella to block the cat way towards her spontaneously. The cat keeps meowing to her trying to break the way in towards her.

“Yah! Whyy??! Just go away! Shoo!” 

Scared, she runs away quickly to her house that only a few steps away from the place she stands. Panicky she scrambles all the content inside her bag to find the key. The panic she was, the harder she finds it, though she always placed it in its special pocket inside the bag. 

The cat arrived at her doorstep standing behind her, she hissed unconsciously out of shock, “Gosh! Stupid cat!”

“Go away” She stopped what was she did and glanced at the cat, pleading for it to go away before she once again back to focus looking for her key;calmer this time. 

She doesn’t afraid of the cat although it looks a little creepy in complete black coat and glowing dim blue eyes in the dark downpour night, she just doesn’t like it. More like she hated animals in general. She always got alerted when one reaching her, from harmful to harmless species—besides she thinks a cat is annoying and noisy.

When she found the key, she quickly inserts it to the keyhole and opens the door. The rainwater dripping down from her body and clothes, wetting her dry doorsteps. The cat wags its body from the rainwater that keeps it cold and soaking. She groans at messed they both causes. She turns again to reach her umbrella and out of her notice the cat casually walks inside her place;slightly trembled.

“Eith! Stop there,” she said blocking it way again with her umbrella. The cat looked at her with sorrows this time, it let out a soft meow and this time it's sound sadder as if it's begging for her kindness but like usual that does not affect her at all. 

“No” she firmly rejects as she shook her head.

The cat meowing again, softer and longer than before clearly it was a sound of cries then suddenly a big lightning strike blinding anyone eyes that see it. Seul Yi automatically shut her eyes follow up by her lips that she pressed tightly. The cat hides it head under its own hands, looking for protection. 

When the thunders are gone, Seul Yi opens up her eyes slowly and she spotted the poor cat is crouching down;scared. She rolled her eyes. 

She pulls the umbrella to her and closed it. The cat looked up at her. This time, it doesn’t just try to run in again but waiting for her to say something or worse case, kick it out of her doorstep. Seen from her previous behavior, she'd likely to do it.

Seul Yi placed her hands on her hips, “I try to be humanized, I’ll let to sleep here tonight just because it seems like the rain not gonna stop anytime soon but don't cross over this line” Seul Yi pointed to the line that separated her shoe places and the living room. The cat just stays still showing no reactions so she groaned—again. 

“Well, look who is crazy here talking to a cat” she rolled her eyes. She let the cat in with her and told it to stay still at where it was when she run into her kitchen to find something. 

She comeback holding on to a big box and approach the cat that stays still as she told.

“You, get in here” she talk to the cat again, she places the box side way down, so the box’s opening is at the side instead of facing up. The cat just looking at her so Seul Yi has poked its body and push it to get inside the box. 

Seul Yi crouching down peeking inside the box, again she talks it. “You!" she pointed at the cat. "You’re not allowed to step out of this box!” She pointed to the end line of the box this time, “If you did, I really gonna kick you out without a food!” She threatened but instead, the cat already focusing on something else;it’s new home, besides not like it's gonna understand her.

The catwalks in circles inside the spacious box before lay on its back to drying its damp fur with the box's help. Hell yeah, who am I threatening, a mere cat she thought to herself, feeling sick at one point. She gets up and going to wash.

 

---------------------------

 

 

After washed up, Seul Yi headed to the kitchen to cook ramyun for herself. She took a glance at the box, the cat still lying side way this time, watching her. She tsk-ing. When her ramyum done, she brought it to the living room and switch on the TV, the cat standing on its four legs, watching her walking towards it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter