Chapter 5: Regret

Oasis in the Clouds [Season 1]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

##NaYeon&JiSoo’s Dorm_NaYeon’s Room##

*There are lots of clothes, makeup, hats, shoes, etc. scattered all over the ground. NaYeon is sleeping on the bed in a very strange position. Sunlight shines through her windows*

+JiSoo walks into the room+

 

 

 

 

 

 

JiSoo “Oh my gosh, did the room look like this when Kim TaeHyung came in last night…?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+JiSoo takes a deep breath then walks over to NaYeon and starts shaking her by the shoulders+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JiSoo “Wake up NaYeon~! You’re late for class!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon immediately gets up from her bed and looks up at JiSoo+ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “OMG What time is it!?!”

 

JiSoo “6:30 AM hahahaha”

 

NaYeon “Gosh JiSoo…! (Laughs) I thought I was seriously late…”

 

JiSoo “Hurry and get ready, I made breakfast.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+JiSoo smiles at NaYeon then leaves the room+

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “I love my ChiChoo…” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##NaYeon&JiSoo’s Dorm_Kitchen##

*There is Ramen (with bean sprouts inside) and two plates on the table*

+NaYeon and JiSoo are looking at each other+

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “I probably… shouldn’t have… you know… expected an actual breakfast right…?”

 

JiSoo “I was on a diet for a WHOLE day, and I’ve been ramen the whole time…”

 

NaYeon “(laughs) well thanks for preparing it anyways, let’s eat!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon and JiSoo dig in+

 

 

 

 

 

 

JiSooo “(After a few bites) do you remember last night?”

 

NaYeon “… (puts her chopsticks down) how DID I come home…?”

 

JiSoo “I knew it.”

 

NaYeon “What is it… what did I do… (Takes a deep breath) I remember some parts of it… like I went to that “hangout” thing and made a few friends… Oh my GOSH! I have to tell you about these three girls. They were like glaring me down and whispering amongst themselves… and laughing… like what’s their deal.”

 

JiSoo “What? Who are they? What the hell why are they being like that, those jealous bit*hes.”

 

NaYeon “(laughing) Hahahahaha. You haven’t even met them and you’re so mad hahaha love you.”

 

JiSoo “I don’t NEED to meet them to see their intentions. Ugh. Just ignore those losers.”

 

NaYeon “Yeah I’ll try… oh and yesterday some guy asked for my number! His name is Oh JinSeok…?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+JiSoo gets her phone out and searches up “Oh JinSeok” on Facebook+

 

 

 

 

 

 

JiSoo “Ooh he’s cute~ AND has good taste in girls.”

 

NaYeon “Hahahaha! But I don’t think he asked for it… in that kind of way… He seemed pretty close with everyone except me… so maybe he just wanted to-“

 

JiSoo “Honey, a serious question… are you ill? Like a guy, no a CUTE guy asks for your number… and even if it’s not in that kind of way… most girls tend to believe that it’s in that kind of a way…”

 

NaYeon “I’m not ill! ANYWAYS after that… I got a call from TaeHyung… and went over to his house to drink… Oh and he lives with a friend, so we drank together with him. He was handsome and funny too.”

 

JiSoo “Park JiMin?”

 

NaYeon “Yeah…! Do you know him? Was he in psyc as well…? I forgot to ask…” 

 

JiSoo “Do you remember anything else after that…?”

 

NaYeon “Those two were cracking jokes at each other then I… Oh my gosh do you know what happened last night? I got bullied on by Yook SungJae that *sshole.”

 

JiSoo “What?? He’s still mad about the whole coffee thing?”

 

NaYeon “I went to the washroom and he followed me over, and told me not to come to Round 2. He was all like ‘I’m hosting it and I can’t have a good time looking at your face.’ Like what the hell.”

 

JiSoo “He SERIOUSLY has problems in life…”

 

NaYeon “So I couldn’t even go to Round 2… then I ran into TaeHyung… and yeah I don’t remember the rest… How the heck did I get home?” 

 

JiSoo “Um… well… TaeHyung and JiMin dropped you off at home.”

 

NaYeon “Oh they did? Oh gosh…”

 

JiSoo “And you were kind of on… TaeHyung’s back… and all…”

 

NaYeon “What??? What the hell was I doing…?”

 

JiSoo “I don’t know…” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##TaeHyung’s Penthouse##

*Sunlight shines inside his all white bedroom*

+JiMin walks out of his own bedroom wearing a white blouse and black dress pants+

 

 

 

 

 

 

JiMin “Are you not going to class??!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung is laying on the sofa watching cartoon on the TV. He is wearing a full Adidas sweats set+

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung “I am… it’s not even 7 yet, calm down~”

 

JiMin “Isn’t your first class at 9?”

 

TaeHyung “Yeah?”

 

JiMin “do you know how long it takes to get to school from here?’

 

TaeHyung “Yeah… it really IS too far…”

 

JiMin “Well what can we do, you live here.”

 

TaeHyung “Should we just move in res at school?”

 

JiMin “…Are you serious.”

 

TaeHyung “I’m just kidding~~”

 

JiMin “Stop cracking stupid jokes and get dressed!”

 

TaeHyung “???I am dressed…” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##Inside JiMin’s Car##

+JiMin is driving. TaeHyung is sitting in the front seat playing on his phone+

 

 

 

 

 

 

JiMin “Are you sure you’re in medical sciences?”

 

TaeHyung “(His eyes on the game) Yeah why?”

 

JiMin “is there anyone else in your major that dresses like that to class?’

 

TaeHyung “Anyone else…? I don’t know… I haven’t really paid attention to other kids…”

 

JiMin “But of course.”

 

TaeHyung “Why did YOU dress up so much? Thought you were the prof or something.”

 

JiMin “This is comfortable for me.”

 

TaeHyung “Bull~”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung gets a text+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung “Da*n! I died! Who texted me!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung checks his messages+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung “Ooh she texted me first.”

 

JiMin “(Looks at TaeHyung like he’s worthless)” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##HanGuk University_Cafeteria##

+NaYeon is drinking her strawberry smoothie and staring into her phone+

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “I’m so screwed… He obviously hates me now…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+SoHee walks by, and sees NaYeon wrapping her hands around her head+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SoHee “Is that you NaYeon…?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon looks up+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “Hey~”

 

SoHee “What are you doing…?”

 

NaYeon “Oh I was just tired… haha… Did you have fun last night?”

 

SoHee “I got so much to tell you. Let’s walk over to the lecture rooms together.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##HanGuk University Business Building_Hallways##

+NaYeon and SoHee are walking together+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SoHee “I’ve NEVER been to a bar that fancy before in my life!”

 

NaYeon “Oh really…? It must’ve been really fun…”

 

SoHee “It was hella fancy! Everyone was mind blown… but…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##TYME (TaeYong’s Bar)_VIP Room##

*Very fancy room. Leather sofas, marble floors, huge chandelier, marble tables full of expensive alcohol, workers at each side of the sofas holding a tray of shots*

+SangHyuk, TaeYong, NamJoo, JongHyun are drinking+

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeYong “SungJae’s really strong, eh? Thinking of inviting his ‘classmates’ over at a time like this.”

 

SangHyuk “What do you mean by ‘at a time like this’?”

 

TaeYong “Did you already forget birdbrain? I saw Kim TaeHyung and Park JiMin this morning!”

 

SangHyuk “So?”

 

TaeYong “Whatever, I know you’re the one that cares about it the most.”

 

SangHyuk “Stop overreacting. Who cares about Kim TaeHyung anymore?” 

 

NamJoo “OMG stop guys, you’re really getting on my nerves.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+Workers holding the trays of shots open the door, and SungJae walks in with his classmates+

 

 

 

 

 

SungJae “I’m here.”

 

JaeJung “Woah~ It’s hella nice~”

 

SoHee “I’ve never been to somewhere so fancy before…”

 

JinSeok “I’ve only seen places like this in movies…”

 

TaeYong “Are these your classmates?”

 

SungJae “Yeah. Guys, make yourselves comfortable.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+SungJae sits in between his friends, and the classmates sit awkwardly in a corner+

 

 

 

 

 

 

NamJoo “Is that you JiYeon?”

 

JiYeon “(Surprised) you, you know me?”

 

NamJoo “It’s me NamJoo~ we used to take ballet classes together, do you not remember?”

 

JiYeon “Uh, uh, um yeah…!”

 

NamJoo “I almost didn’t recognize you~ you got SO much prettier~”

 

JiYeon “(Face turns red) Thanks…” 

 

TaeYong “(looks around at the girls) There’s no cute girls in your faculty, eh SungJae?”

 

SungJae “Let’s just order some drinks.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

//

+More drinks on the tables, and everyone is drinking awkwardly. SungJae is talking with his friends, and the business students are talking awkwardly amongst themselves+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##HanGuk University Business Building_Hallways##

+NaYeon and SoHee are talking at a table in front of the lecture room+

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “Oh gosh… that sounds… really… boring…”

 

SoHee “Yeah it was fun at first, only because we got to see such a fancy bar, but… it was SO boring… you’re lucky you didn’t come.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why did he tell me not to come if he was going to do that anyways?
Gosh he has problems

 

 

 

 

 

 

SoHee “We all had a bad time except JinSeok.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

JinSeok…?
The one that asked me for my number…?
He liked that kind of atmosphere…?
I don’t know if I like types like that…

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “What about him?”

 

SoHee “On our way out of the bar, this supermodel looking chick asked for JinSeok’s number in front of the bar. We all thought it was just a dare or something, but I guess they’re hitting it off.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

What…?
He’s hitting it off with someone else…?

 

 

 

 

 

 

SoHee “He’s so annoying, I mean I get that we’re friends and all, but he called me this morning at like 5AM and asked if I can take notes for him. Apparently he spent all night texting that supermodel chick.”

 

NaYeon “Wow…”

 

SoHee “Yeah JaeJung and I swore sh*tlessly about him, and last night.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+SungJae and JaeJung walk together towards NaYeon and SoHee+

 

 

 

 

 

 

JaeJung “Kim SoHee~ Oh NaYeon! You’re here too!”

 

SungJae “(Meets eyes with NaYeon) …ha;;”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter