Step One

Turn Up The Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my lovely readers~

It's been awhile since my last update I know... BUUUUTT I am currently working on new chapters and editing the ones I already uploaded the first chapter is already edited and ready to be read again. For the time being I will make the other two chapters that are up as well not readable for the time I am editing them but they will be up soon again and then followed with the new chapter(s) ^^

Hope you all have a lovely time

Mona

2019.12.06

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

An old and wrinkly photo album was being taken out of its place in the bookshelf. Small feet were shuffling around gathering around the wing chair. The loud laughter that had filled the room earlier had stopped as all eyes were focused on the wing chair and the person sitting on it. On the small table in front of the chair were cookies and a small hands took one and dipped it into a mug that’s filled with warm chocolate. The person sitting in the chair turned over the first page and pictures that were all too well know just as if it had only been yesterday they had taken the pictures. Eyes started to glow with happiness while looking at the pictures, memories flooded said person’s thoughts.

“So little one, you asked how our story began. Well, let’s say I was stubborn back then. But let’s go to the start of our journey. It still feels like it’s been just yesterday. I can still hear the music playing.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was not as if Youngjae wanted to stalk the dancers who were performing in front of the coffee shop he worked part time at every evening during the weekend. There was just no way not to look at them perform. The customers who visited the coffee shop during the evening mostly came and tried to get a good spot at the window to watch the boys below. So it was hard not to look down when everyone was enjoying the view as well and constantly talking about how handsome all six dancers were. There were often young girls at the window giggling and taking tons of pictures and videos.

He hardly had a chance not to look himself because of these extremely handsome young men giving their best every evening. It wasn't just the looks that impressed him the first few times he had seen them, no, also the way they always seemed to give their everything into each and every performance. As if they wanted to make every second worth it and to keep everyone staying with them and maybe get some tips out of to them. It was also always a nice surprise to see when on a Friday night they performed to a new song and the crowd was not prepared for the stage they would be able to see. It also wasn't like he didn't know the guys from somewhere else. No, it wasn't that all of them went to the same University just that they all had different majors and were in different semesters.

Even though they went to the same University, some of them even stayed on the same floors for the dorms but Youngjae didn't share one single class with one of them. Four of them were his seniors and two were his juniors. He also mostly stayed by himself trying to find a place at the library to study at or one of the small music practice rooms to play the piano which was mostly harder than thought, to just relax and free his mind just to go back to the library to study and revise more.

The boys below were quite known in the university and the leader must be the most popular one. It could be because he had new piercings almost after every holiday but also because of his talent for dancing most of all his b-boying.

 

“Back to reality Choi Youngjae, you have work to do!” the twenty-year-old murmured to himself. He sometimes lost track of time while watching the group just like most of his customers. Luckily, this time none of the six had looked up towards the windows something they had done lately. Almost as if looking for someone all their eyes wandered from one window to another. In all these times they had caught him watching them dance, they had waved at him and sometimes it almost seemed like they tried to get him to come down to them. However, Youngjae could never leave his spot in the coffee shop since this was his job and what helped him pay off his tuition fees. He was also mostly alone for around two hours during his shift, it mostly was a time that all tables were occupied by costumers but it wasn't as busy as a few hours earlier when mostly couples came in and order much more than just one drink and often came to get a refill but this also meant that he wasn't able to go outside as well.

 

Because he was still in University, he could only make it to the evening or night shifts if not sometimes both. He wasn't able to be there early in the morning because of his classes.

Since the owner of the shop was a friend of his parents, he could get a shift that matched his schedule mostly just perfectly but he also knew that Youngjae needed the money so if it was needed and someone got sick or simply couldn’t make it to their shift, Youngjae mostly took that shift just to earn more money. But it also meant that he didn't really got much time on his own. His shift mostly started around 5pm and ended around 10pm or when he got the night shift 1am which meant that he got around 5 hours of sleep because of his early morning classes in his University. But there were also weeks when his afternoon classes would finish even earlier so he would already be in the coffee shop before 3pm.

He always had some of his books with him at work, there always were a few hours when he would be able to put his book behind the cash register pull a chair to it and be able to work on some of his notes. So basically his daily routine during the week was attending classes, go to an unoccupied practice room with a piano to loosen up just to go to his next class, head over to the library to grab some new books, go to the coffee shop work, try to read the books and then head home to get a few hours of sleep. He was glad that during the weekends he only worked regularly on Saturdays, thus he had one day off on Sunday to mostly studied some more and sometimes when it was a holiday he would head home to his family.

“Did you see the dancers outside?”

"We must see that we can get a table at the window or else we will just go back down again." A new group of girls entered the coffee shop deeply into their conversation, their eyes wandering hopefully through the shop. Unfortunately, they wouldn't be able to find anything likely, so just like that they left again without ordering anything, there was nothing he could do when this happened. It happened so often that even the owner got used of people coming in and going out without even looking at their menu card. Even if right now there were a few tables free they were on the other side of the coffee shop and so way too far away from the windows with no chance to see the group down below.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Youngjae-ah did you take out the garbage this afternoon when Jaeeun-noona was still here?” A voice behind Youngjae ripped him away from his thoughts. Youngmin was another part-timer who worked with him in the shop. Youngmin mostly joined him at around 9pm and would then take over the shift as well as work there on Saturday evenings. Compared to Youngjae the other part-timer had one more day off and so could maintain some friendships outside of his classes other than Youngjae who spend almost all Saturday in the shop.
Even if they often closed the shop way past 1am which was their actual closing time it was more than likely to happen almost daily that one of them had to stay longer because the last customer didn’t leave till one of them stepped at their table saying that it was their closing time and since both of them were in University, they mostly took turns as to who had to finish everything up so the other got some more sleep. But these past few weeks Youngmin mostly volunteered to clean the shop alone because he didn’t have an early morning classes anymore, thus he had some more hours he was able to sleep not like Youngjae who’s classes always started at 8AM.
The coffee shop was in the middle of what you could call the “party neighbourhood” of Seoul, Hongdae. So it is to no surprise that on the Saturday nights Youngjae worked there often were customers who came inside to sober up with a coffee, this was still a mystery to him as to why people would get coffee to sober up when there was Haejang-guk, the Korean hangover soup that would not just put caffeine into your system but also fill your stomach with food.
“Yes, I have hyung as I do every day.” This was almost a routine for them asking the other if he had done his duties of the day not to control each other but more to be sure to not have to do this later at night when they were alone. Youngmin maybe also asked this so when Jaeeun would open the shop the next morning would find the shop a mess and mostly scold Youngmin for it. She hated to have to do it in the morning when the time itself was already scarce to clean all the shelves once again before the first customers came. It also did not help that besides the serving and preparing the coffee, she still had to do a part of the administration work since she and her friend, who ran the coffee shop, divided the work between themselves.

"Youngjae-ah if you want to, you could head downstairs and get a good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter