T W O

The Dream || VKook || TaeKook

 

Jungkook

As I settled into one of the remaining seats on the bus, I couldn't help but think about the silver Jeep which was on the neighbour's lawn. This meant they had already arrived and were moving in. Although there wasn't a big moving truck yet, I assumed that would arrive later in the day. I guess if they are still moving in after school, I'll help them. I mean it'll give me a reason to avoid my homework that I will get stacks of today. I sigh. Why did homework exist? No, wrong question. Why does school exist? Not realising he'd arrived until the bus driver shouted at him, the only remaining student on the bus, "Kid, you getting off or what?" Snapping him out of his thoughts he stood up, a little flustered, and hoped off the bus walking straight into the school, AKA hell. As far as Jungkook knew, this was the only school that made students stay until 5pm to complete two hours of an extra curriculum activity–three times a week–before letting them go and study until 8pm before closing time, unless you had cram school then you'd be studying from 5:30 til 9pm, ten at the very latest.

~•~

Mumbling words under his breath, he made his way through the gates, "stupid...morning...driver." Upon arrival he ignored the looks of admiration from the females, craving for some 'Kookie'–as he likes to refer to himself–and walked straight past them to find his group of friends, who had told him yesterday they were all meeting in the library before first class. Jungkook didn't remember the specific details, other than his hyung mentioning studying for biology. Upon walking through the double doors made of glass the first thing that hit him was the cold breeze from the AC, grumbling about why the school had the aircon on in winter, he began his journey through the library in hunt of his idiotic friends. Upon hearing a loud crash, he knew he had found them. Walking towards the loud sound, he found one of his hyungs' standing there with a guilty look as the librarian sent daggers at him, his name was Kim Namjoon, more commonly known as the 'god of destruction', Namjoon had broken–yet, another–chair and this time two nearby shelves that were once attached to the bookshelf to Namjoon's right, which he had probably used to support himself. It's always been like this, anything inanimate he touched would break or result in turning everything else around him into a complete disaster–though they couldn't blame him too much, as it truly wasn't his fault–he had inherited his grandfather's clumsiness and his father's power, but even so he had inherited his mother's intelligence, leaving Namjoon with an IQ of 156. To say that boy was smart but clumsy was definitely an understatement, he was a genius with destroying powers. Stood next to Namjoon was Seokjin, he was trying to calm the Librarian down with his sweet words and stop her from throwing two kilogram books at Namjoon. Seokjin was the caring type, the one who took on the role as mother–and father when Namjoon was not around–of course this meant he put the other's first before himself, but he didn't mind. Seokjin is gentle, caring and a major worry wart whom is obsessed with three thing's; food, disney and himself. Seokjin was the main reason they were in the Library in the first place–whether Jungkook knew why or not–nothing could convince his hyung out of skipping class, study sessions or lunch. Across the table sat his two other friends, Jimin and Yoongi, Jimin was laughing loudly at Namjoon's clumsy mistake while Yoongi looked as if he'd just been woken up from sleep–and to Jungkook's guess he was. Jimin was Yoongi's childhood friend, always full of energy, laughter and spirit. Jimin is a dancer and has the best body out of all five of them. Everybody loves Jimin, he's very popular with the ladies and is friends with almost every guy at school. Yoongi has known Jimin for nine years now, Jimin used to be a shy boy but that changed not long after entering highschool. Yoongi on the other hand wasn't as popular as Jimin, infact he preferred sleeping over socialising any day. That's the type of person Yoongi is–lazy and grumpy–but he enjoyed making music, this meant creating the tune and lyrics along to it. Yoongi was a rapper, plain and simple, and he loves to sleep; at day, at night, in the morning, in class–basically anywhere anytime–that is how much he loves sleeping. But if you mess with his friends, you mess with him. His friends are his family and family always sticks together.

These were Jungkook's friends, his family.

~•~

"Hyung, why are we studying?" I ask.

Jin gives me the look, it was a mix of disbelief and disappointment. Was it something I said? I stare blankly at him and we have a staring contest. Knowing how stubborn I am he gives in first, sighing he shakes his head.

"Jungkook, you do know you have a biology test second period right?" I freeze, my eyes bulging out of their sockets, "I'll take that as a no," Jin says smugly.

"I thought that was next week?" I pout.

He shakes his head, ...how could I forget that?

"Oh well. I'll just fluke it as usual," I shrug calmly.

"Kook, why can't you be a little less calm and freak out a little like a normal kid your age?" I turn to Namjoon, whom had said this, and frowned a little offended at his words.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Sensing the sudden tension Jimin butts in, "what Namjoon means is that you skipped two grades and yet, you are too calm considering biology is supposedly your worst subject to date. Isnt that right Namjoon?" Jimin 'secretly' nudged him in the ribs, causing him to nod his head.

"Uh, yes." He replied trying to hide his pain, deserves him right.

Letting it go I shrug once more, "well it's not like i'm failing the class. I'm on an A for all my classes including biology."

"You're passing biolo–wait, what–yo-you have eight straight A's?" Jimin stumbles with his words, I nod in return.

"Yeah, all eight of 'em. And for biology I have a overall of ninety-two percent. Why?"

"How's that even possible, you don't even study an hour for your tests and you are on an A?...! I study, like, four hours a day and I'm only on a high B," Jimin looked extremely confused and gutted at his findings. 

I attach a smug look to my face, "well, I guess I'm just too smart, Jiminnie-pabo~."

"Well, mister smarty-pants let's see how much you do know. We've got at least fifteen minutes to find out," Jin playfully smiles at me. I turn to him with a smile that rivals his own, "you're so on."

 

 

 

-During first period-

 

"Girls, I'm telling you Kook is a player, I'm a way better choice~." Jimin was trying to chat-up some girls with his 'charms', keyword: trying. "He may be smart, young and good looking, but don't be fooled. He's like the devil in human form."

I guess this was Jimin's idea of making himself feel better, especially after losing miserably against me in the quiz Jin had set up for us–more so, me. It wasn't my fault I got seventeen out of twenty correct while he got fifteen questions correct. He should have known that I'd out wit him, not trying to sound cocky but I always do. Too bad, I have little interest in girls who think they have shot with someone like me or else I'd be beating him at that too. Jin, Yoongi and Namjoon were all a year or two older so they are in another class. Our teacher had been called to the front office and had left us to do as we pleased for the next ten or so minutes. I was just doodling away on Jimin's notebook–which he had yet to realise was his–when the door opened and the teacher walked back in, not closing the door behind him. Strange.

"Class, I have some news. Please put your pens and pencils down. We have a new student joining us today." Upon hearing this, I found I didn't care anymore and went back to doodling a beautiful picture of an orge ignoring all my surroundings–not forgetting to label it, Jimin, and sign it with my personal signature–I sit with my head down, my black bangs falling over the view of my eyes, blocking any on-lookers as I finish the final touches. The teacher continued with his part in introducing the new kid to our class, "Mr Kim, please come in and introduce yourself."

The next thing I hear is footsteps, some gasps and whispers talking of a 'cute' and 'y' looking guy and an oddly deep but semi-familiar voice, "Hi, my name is Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you."

I was tempted in looking but decided against it, there was no way I could know some transfer student. Not possible. I've only ever lived in Busan, never went on holidays, never changed high schools, never said goodbye to any of my close friends. So my conclusion is that, my mind is playing tricks on me. Continuing to doodle allover Jimin's notebook with exquisite drawings, I failed to notice the footsteps getting closer and closer to my desk. The gasps from the girls in my class made me snap out of my fixiation, as I was about to finally see what was causing such drama, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Now this caught my attention, it couldnt have been the teacher, as he was standing up front staring. Following the hand up, past the arm and towards it's owner's face, I stare in disbelief when I see who it belongs too, "V?"

 

"Hello, Jungkook~." 

A/n: I hope you enjoyed this longer chapter~. I'd like to give a special thanks arezoo1377 for the upvote! And to all the new subscribers, thank you for your support~! Just to let you know I will be posting chapters randomly until I start officially updating, which may not be until July 2017, due to having other books on Wattpad I want to finish first. Thanks!~ Until the next chapter.