Letter

My Story(One shot)

 

A baseball bat hits me in the head and I fell down, asleep. Well, that’s what I was thinking just a minute ago. I’m making out reasons as to why I couldn’t remember anything. 40 sighs, 31 silly guesses and millions of raindrops, I keep on counting those. They’re served as my memory and the only facts that I can remember. The ground is the only one supporting me below and I trusted the tree where I lay my back on. I could hardly enjoy the music I am hearing. Who would enjoy such harmony when the hard rocking sound of thunder joins the classic wave of the breeze? I was entertained by the lights that sparkle and it’s much better than fireworks. I’m referring to the Z shaped line coming from the sky down to the ground. It was wonderful. The rain was harsh as the time goes by and I’m soaking wet. I had nowhere to go and I don’t have any intention to move a single inch.

I’m going crazy as I make a laugh through my guesses. How the hell could a baseball bat be present in this location? Grasses served as a crowd, roses were like hot chicks glowing in this dark meadow. You could stare at an angle as far as you like, yet you’ll find the same things all over again. Yeah, I’m out of nowhere and I’m totally lost. I ‘m not scared, hungry, lonely, nor sick. Am I dead?  Am I in heaven? Heaven, no this is not heaven. Hell? I couldn’t see myself burning either. I’m breathing, that’s all that matters. So I’m alive, but what for? Like I could have with these ants crawling around and reproduce mankind. ing is not a good idea either, duh. Guess I’ll have to wait until my body turns to ashes. cause you know, I’m hot. Hey, guess what. I already made 36 guesses.  

I did my 56th sigh after the earth finally found peace. So, the sun exists in this place and I could hear someone singing. Too bad it was a bird. People change and in my case time runs fast. That’s the reason why I changed my mind and stood up. I stretched my body; I could feel the sky as if I could reach such a thing. My heart skipped a bit when a sudden tune captured my left ear. It’s a faint sound of someone playing the piano. My body rushes and turns a lot of times. I can’t find any road or path for me to follow it. It’s so soft and I can tell I’m too far away from it. My heart is racing and now I can hear its beat. I paused and let out my a sigh. I concentrated more on hearing everything that is present. Birds chirping, the cool wind, my breath and finally, I turned my face where I heard the glimpse of a note coming from the organ.

I can see my legs moving towards that direction. As I start to move fast, I didn’t mind all the plants, the small wounds and the condition of the place. I’m starting to hear it more clearly but I know I’m not there yet. If there’s someone playing a piano, then there should be one. All I can see now is worse than a grave yard. I had a choice. I could go back and stay to that place where I could think about silly guesses. Or leave this dark. . . I don’t know how to call it. It is literally dark. No trace of light but I could feel my feet harassed by worthless weeds.

 I’m a hot dude. I’m a hot dude.  I’m currently cheering myself up. I’m starting to feel thrilled. That piece played by someone was there again. This time, it’s far clearer. Now, I’m really mixed up. Am I hearing this for real? Or I’m just having crazy delusions.  There must be a person playing that damn thing in front of me. There was nothing. I stepped forward and gulped for a second. I continued doing it when a sudden bump moved my eyebrow up out of curiosity. My hand reaches for something a few inches away from I was standing. There’s actually a door? Why didn’t anyone tell me?

Right, how could they in tell me? I’m the only living human creature wondering around. And so, this human opened the door with hearts bouncing higher. Good thing it didn’t came out. Creaking sound of the door is scarier than the darkness.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. You’d faint if you were in my place. Not because I was amazed. I almost screamed to the level where my voice could reach its highest pitch. *Sighs*-(61st sigh). I’m a hot dude. Good thing I didn’t scream. I was over reacting. What did you expect? After  going through with such ruckus you’d expect me to laugh after seeing a girl with long hair wearing white dress playing the piano as if she was eating its own flesh? I let myself calmed for a moment after realizing that wasn’t the real scene. I was just tricked by the setting.

True, she’s wearing the white dress but it was in cocktail with a baby pink ribbon wrapped around her few centimetres below.  I could see her legs and a part of it were covered by the ruffles of her dress.  Yes, she has a long hair and ends a few inches above her hips. It looks so soft like cotton and glows like silk. In her way of playing the piano, yes it’s true. She’s like eating one’s flesh, but not in a scary way.

She’s playing the piece Sparrow. Yes, I am also confused. There’s nothing I could remember but seeing her play, I gained a part of my memory. My cheeks felt warm when a tear slowly embrace its path down to my neck then followed by several more of those. She played perfectly and I remained silent while listening until she finishes it. I could see now why she’s bending down. All I was looking at was not the piano, not her legs nor her face covered by her hair. I could see tears falling down, racing as if it is winning a raise.

She moved her hands with a distance from the piano and slowly moved her angel like face towards me. That girl is smiling. I can see happiness from that smile but I could only feel sorrow.

I’m hugging her in this room as she scratches my back crying. I moved a bit to see her face and did something funny with my own face.

 “Your nose is dripping wet”.

She punched my chest with her soft hand and gave a laugh. I curved my lips up and stare at her for like a decade.

 She’s too cute.

 I slowly bent down and kissed her gently. It’s warm and so soft. I can feel her lips move closer now and were having a pleasant conversation as we respond to each other’s kisses.  I’m happy.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

This is the story.

I’m sure you also had a dream before leaving that last breath.

I wish I could know yours.

 

You played the piece that I taught you.

You were wearing the dress the day I proposed to you.

I did my bet; I counted the things I often do.

 

But, I’m sorry.

If it weren’t for that accident, If only I had open my eyes when we were both in coma,

I would have wakened you up.

 

But you know things will happen this way right?

That’s why you came in that dream.

You knew I’d be lost after I wake up.

 

After knowing you were dead, I didn’t waste time.

I searched the place where you once told me.

I wanted to make my promise.

 

You gave me the reason to live.

I know you’re happy now.

Thank you and I love you so much.

 

I’d be leaving this letter here, the place where you wanted me to find.

-Minho.