taste

Compendium

 

inspired by hyuk's cooking v-app broadcast^^


“How is it…?” The maknae chanced once Hakyeon had gotten a couple of bites down.

 

The night was late, the rest of the members having long since gone to bed. Up until then the only noise throughout the entire dorm had been the clanking of his hyung’s silverware against the dish of questionable pasta that was Sanghyuk's umpteenth try at a new invention. This time it was supposed to be shrimp alfredo… with a twist.

 

Most of Sanghyuk's dishes consisted of normal recipes with weird little experimental tweaks here and there. It really was hit and miss when it came to how the dish turned out in the end, and as Hakyeon took his third bite of pasta he questioned to himself how he let himself fall into this involuntary position of Sanghyuk's official taste tester.

 

“Hm?” He hummed around the fork thoughtfully, “The sauce is nice.”

 

It was a bit watery, but anyone could tell that just by looking at it. That had a simple fix at least, just cooking it a bit longer.

 

“And the shrimp are particularly… crunchy.” He commented and sent a smile across the table.

 

Sanghyuk drug a hand across his face, “Crunchy?” he mumbled pitifully through his fingers. And here he'd thought the shrimp was the only part of the dish he had going for him. They shouldn't have been even remotely crunchy after cooking in the sauce for so long.

 

“Ah, and maybe just a tad less salt next time.” Hakyeon added before twirling even more pasta around the fork and taking a bite.

 

Sanghyuk nodded silently, still bummed that the main point of his dish had ended in a disaster.

 

“Hey,” Hakyeon half-whispered, knocking their feet together under the table with another of his award winning smiles. “It's not bad at all. Help me finish this and we'll do the dishes together before we go to bed.”

Sanghyuk glanced at the mountain leftover in the sink and groaned, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't less put off at the thought of doing dishes if Hakyeon would be helping him with them.