lipstick

Compendium

 

this drabble was the result of a friend tweeting me this


I'm going to kill him… Sanghyuk thought to himself while doing a slow turn in front of the smudged up bathroom mirror.

 

Hakyeon had promised that this job would be a breeze, and possibly even fun! What he failed to mention was the embarrassing addition of the required uniform of someone working a party at the overrated and highly overpriced pizza place.

 

“Aww, you look adorable! I knew you would!” Hakyeon cooed, stepping out of a bathroom stall in his own uniform: an oversized gorilla onesie that looked like it was swallowing him whole.

 

“I look like Christmas just threw up on me.” Sanghyuk deadpanned while he stared his hyung down in the reflection of the disgusting mirror. “For God's sake, it's not even been Halloween yet!”

 

“Ayy, don't be so sour… The Rudolph look kind of suits you… in a away… with the nos-”

 

“Shut up.” The younger grumbled before continuing, “Besides, why do they need a couple of grown- men dressed in some cheap-as- animal onesies to entertain a plethora of whiny children? Isn't that what the stupid animatronic rat is for?”

 

“If you're not going to do anything but complain the entire time then just go home,” Hakyeon snapped back. “They're not going to want such a Debbie-downer working a kid's birthday party, anyway. I'll just work extra for the both of us.”

 

Hakyeon sighed quietly and turned back to the mirror to straighten out his fringe. He knew this wouldn't be the ideal situation, but it was something, at least.

 

Sanghyuk felt guilty for uttering a single complaint. He couldn't just not carry through with the job… couldn't afford it. Hakyeon had probably worked hard to even find such an opening for the both of them, and they really needed the money now more than ever.

 

“Ah.. Fine, whatever. Let's just get it over with.” It was definitely worth seeing the light return in Hakyeon’s beautiful eyes. “But you're buying me pizza after all this is over… Working around it is going to be such a tease.”

 

“Yaaaay! One moment!” Hakyeon dug through a small bag he'd sat on the corner of a sink until he successfully fished out a small tube of some sort.

 

“What are you going to do with that…?” Sanghyuk asked with caution, taking an uncertain step back when his hyung uncapped the tube that revealed a bright red lipstick.

 

“Well, I figure since your nose should match the part-”

“Abso-ing-lutely not.”