half- greetings

#HBDWYF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

college au, fluff, fem!yifan
pg-15 / 2k


A pounding headache and a dry throat are what forces Kris to wake from her dream. She vaguely remembers a man and a voice and then she forgets it completely. When she comes to, she wishes she hasn't. She has grown exponentially aware of the ache that threatens to split her skull into half and it's not the most pleasant of things to wake up to. It's quite cold where she is and pulling the blankets up doesn't seem to do the trick. Against what she truly wants to do – keep her eyes closed and pretend the rest of the world is dead to her – she slowly blinks her eyes awake, unconsciously groaning because of the pain throbbing from her temples.

That last shot of tequilla was a really bad idea. Kris thinks as she tries to massage away the ache even though she knows that that will do nothing to alleviate it. She tries to think of ways on how to evade Tao's urging next time they go out for drinks but instead she just struggles to keep her eyes open, the light flooding in from the windows enough to irritate her and worsen her headache.

Then she shoots up, realizing her ceiling isn't supposed to be an blue but white. When she looks in front of her she finds grey-painted cabinets when hers are black and she knows, even with how hard she us squinting her eyes to let in as little light as possible, that she is seeing that correctly what with the windows seemingly missing curtains with how much sunlight is entering the room. 

The tall brunet wonders where she is, trying to be as calm as she can because panicking will do her hangover no good. She stills, picking up every detail of the room and trying to remember if she's ever been there. When she looks to the right she finds another bed, separated from the one she's in by a desk between them.

I must be in the dorms. She deduces, knowing that that is how most dorm rooms are laid out and hearing loud chattering trickle into the room through the open window.

When she starts to inspect herself, she almost screams when she discovers that her dress is gone, leaving her only in her underwear. She tries to move but the headache doesn't allow her, growing more of a pain, literally, every time she changes her position so she decides to lie back down and wait for some divine providence. But before she can even return to comfort of the pillow, the door opens and a pair of feet rush through the entrance but stop through the small hallway where the kitchenette should be. Kris grabs the pillow and covers herself, hoping it will also be enough to distract the person if ever the other tries to harm her or creeps her out.

A man emerges from the hallway holding a plate full of cupcakes, one candle standing on the one placed in the middle. He blinks when he finds Kris on the bed as if he had no idea that she was there and she begins to internally panic that this guy is the roommate, considering how the bed on the other side has a crumpled blanket on top of it, and not the person who brought her in. The other backs away carefully and returns to the hallway, leaving with no word.

Her initial reaction should be to scream for help especially when she sees the stranger digging for something in the drawers in the kitchenette but instead she stays unmoving and soundless on the bed when the man returns with the candle in the middle of the cupcakes now lit with flame. Before she can open to say something, ask or protest, the guy starts singing a birthday song. His voice is gentle and soothing and even though it doesn't make the headache go away, it doesn't worsen it either so she can handle it.

Once he finishes with the song, he stretches his arms as far as they would go without stepping too close to where Kris is, clearly keeping his distance. He urges her to blow the candle by pushing the plate closer to her, "Go on, make a wish." The smile on his face is as gentle as his voice and normally Kris would go for those with deep, commanding ones but she still finds a hint of command in it, just the right amount to make her lean forward and blow the flame.

The guy places the plate of cupcakes on the desk and he looks sheepish while looking at it before moving his gaze to Kris. Her headache is still there but she's more awake now to be able to map out his features better. Curly brown hair, warm eyes, subtly sharp nose, plump cherry lips and when he smiles a dimple appears on his cheek. Basing it on looks alone, he doesn't see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter