best present

#HBDWYF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

post-canon, fluff, domestic au
pg / 1,7k


Nerves and a good dose of coffee from earlier is what Yixing chooses to put the blame on for the clammy hands and the sheen of sweat that is making his shirt cling to his back. He turns to his manager before they reach the elevators, smiling to the elder before asking him for a favour knowing the other wanted to discuss his upcoming schedules.

"Since I have tomorrow off, can I go ahead?" The idol knows he is doing a bit of exaggeration by acting exhausted, letting his eyes become more droopy than usual. He doesn't always ask to be excused early so he is sure that his manager will allow him. "We can just talk about the schedule through phone?"

The manager seems to look at him suspiciously at first but his expression changes to a thoughtful one then nods at Yixing, "Okay. Go rest now."

The younger nods in gratitude before turning to take the elevator alone to his room, his bodyguards having already understood that the message extends to them.

Once inside, instead of punching the button to take him to his room, the idol taps two floors below his. Yixing breathes out heavily, pulling his necktie down before ing the top two buttons of his shirt and leaning against the cold mirror walls of the elevator. He closes his eyes for a while, opening them again only when he hears a ping indicating the elevator's arrival to its destination. The brunet pushes himself off the wall and takes shaky steps when the doors finally open. When he stops in front of the room that isn't his, he inhales deeply before taking out the room key that will let him in. A giggle coming from the other side makes him stop from unlocking the door, the sound instantly stretching his lips to a smile and making the nervousness disappear.

"Baba!" The little girl runs up to him when she notices Yixing come in, hugging his legs before he can even stoop down to carry her. The elder can't help the smile that splits his face from seeing his daughter who lets go of him to lift her arms up to hint that she wants to be embraced.

"Xiaohui." Yixing breathes out his daughter's name, proving to be the sunlight in his – their – life as he feels warmth spread throughout him just by holding the little girl. "Were you a good girl?" He whispers to his daughter's ear when he feels the small arms tighten around his neck.

"Of course she was," the idol's mother interjects, walking towards where the two are hugging in the middle of the hallway.

"Mama." Yixing lets go of the small girl to stand up and wrap his arms around his mother instead. They don't hug for as long as the male did with his daughter but it's just as warm and tight.

The idol turns to the small girl who has taken his hand into her two smaller ones, walking towards the bed where he sits then places his daughter on his lap, "Are you ready for later?"

"Yes!" Xiaohui answers enthusiastically even though it is already quarter past ten in the evening. "I slept this afternoon after Nai nai and I went to buy cake for later."

"That's good." Yixing his daughter's hair and turns to his mother who instantly understands what he wants to say without having to open his mouth and articulate his request.

"Xiaoxiao," Mama Zhang stands in front of the father and daughter, reaching a hand to touch the little girl's shoulder, "how about we get you changed so your Baba can go to his room and shower?"

Xiaohui looks hesitant at first but when she sees the sleepy smile on her father's face and after the elder's promise to meet her as fast as he can, the little girl jumps off Yixing's lap and prances to the bathroom, giving her father a kiss on the cheek for a see you later.

 

"Baba," Xiaohui calls for Yixing's attention, her small hands on the lid of the container that holds the cake she chose for her Dad. She only continues when the elder encourages her with a nod, "You don't think Daddy will get mad when we wake him up, do you?"

The little girl starts fidgeting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter