1.5/1

Rainstorms

 


Mina POV:


 

One second, you had just finished off your late dinner after having a warm bubble bath, the next you are curled up into a ball in the middle of your couch with tears threatening to fall. It came so suddenly that you just didn't know what to do. At first it was just the rain coming down, creating a soothing sound in your otherwise silent house, then it was the clap of thunder, reverberating the peaceful ambience you once had.

 

It’s not like you’ve never experienced a storm before, it’s just that every time you have, you weren’t alone, unlike now. Usually you have your mother’s lap to lay your head onto while she your long silky hair to calm you down, or you have your father to crack a couple lame jokes to pass the time by. But no, now you’re alone. 

 

Every second that goes by, the sounds outside seem to increase and become louder. The once gentle pitter patter of rain, now the hammering of nails on your roof. A lightning strike illuminates the living room and soon after the crashing thunder follows. You grab onto a nearby couch pillow and shove your face into it, all the while whimpering and sniffling, hoping that this nightmare would just end.

 


 

The door bell ringing goes by nearly unheard as the pouring rain continues to drown out all your surroundings, but whoever it is on the other side must be so persistent, as to ring the bell over and over again that it begins to immensely annoy you. Having enough, you finally storm to the door to give the person on the other side a piece of your mind. You look over their strange appearance first, short sopping hair, soaked hoodie, loose fitting sweatpants, yellow socks in sandals. 

 

Jeongyeonie…

 

JEONGYEON?!? What is she doing here and at a time like this?!?!

 

Your eyes significantly widen and unconsciously you pull her in. You run around the house like a madwoman looking for anything to dry her with. You come across the closet where all the extra towels are kept.

 

“Mina…” you hear her breathe, but now’s not the time as she is still standing there, leaving droplets of water to fall onto your floor.

 

“Later. Right now we need to get you changed before you die of hypothermia.”

 

You push her into the bathroom and then hand her a pair of pyjamas that were a little too big for you. Whilst waiting for her to be done, you go back to the closet to retrieve another towel to dry her hair with. Your heart flutters at the thought of her letting you do it for her and suddenly your cheeks feel a little warmer than when they did a second ago.

 

Your blush fades away as she finally steps out, and you gently grasp her hand, tugging her to the direction of your room, and she follows you without even making a sound. Her hand is slightly bigger than yours but it doesn't matter that much as the warmth it was giving off made you feel all light and giddy inside.

 

Prompting her to sit on the edge of your bed, you reluctantly let go, only to then reach out to dry her hair with the towel that you were still holding onto. You focus on the task at hand so that you are not tempted to return the look back at her as she was between your arms. She’s so close, you realise, you can still smell the faint scent of rain that hung to her skin and the way it mixed in with her already natural aroma was so entrancing.

 

You take a peek down at her to only see her eyes widen in shock. You begin to worry about her not being ok with having you this close to her while doing something so seemingly intimate. You tilt your head to the side and ask

 

“What’s wrong? Are you uncomfortable with me doing this?”

 

Oh my god. What am I going to do if she says yes?? How do I play off having my heart crushed while feeling disappointed?

 

“NO! Uhh I mean… no. I just almost dozed off cause it felt so good. That’s all.” 

 

Her sudden exclamation startles you but your worries soon dwindle as you see the blush forming on her cheeks. You giggle lightly and after that no more words are exchanged as you carry on ruffling her hair to dry it as much as possible.

 


 

You both walk out onto the balcony that was connected your room, and lean against the railing. The small silence goes on but you are still curious as to why she decided to come here in the first place.

 

“So why did you come all the way here?”

 

“What? I couldn't come over to visit my dear Minari?”

 

“Jeongyeon. It’s almost 4 am, you should be asleep by now.”

 

“So should you.” she says as she sticks out her tongue.

 

It’s so childish you think but you can't help but also think of it as endearing as you playfully roll your eyes.

 

Then she gives up on her charade and tells you the real reason.

 

“Alright. You caught me. It’s just.. I knew that you would be alone and that with all the rain and thunder, you would probably need someone to be with, to you know… make sure you’re safe and stuff..”

 

A breath catches up in your throat and then you turn to face her. Now that you’ve noticed, ever since Jeongyeon had come into your house, you hadn’t even thought of the rainstorm once, which now, had slowed down to a mere trickle. You look straight at her and you couldn’t control your emotions anymore, letting them spill into all the corners of your eyes. 

 

Jeongyeon…. she’s always so sweet and caring and considerate, no wonder I can't stop feeling this way whenever I think of her.

 

You tenderly let out a whisper, fearing she might be able to hear it. But she does anyway, she always hears you.

 

Thank you Jeongyeonie…

 

Thank you for being here with me, thank you for not letting me feel alone anymore, thank you for being so perfect, thank you for being you.

 

A wide grin breaks out on her face and it was brighter than any star out in the night sky, and it was contagious as you also had a grin of your own growing on your face. You then break off the eye contact, because you know that if it were to continue you wouldn't be able to stop yourself from leaping across the small distance, into her arms, to kiss the air out of her lungs. 

 

Gazing out into the night, you begin to wonder what a life like this would be like, a life full of warmth, safety, happiness, love. A life of where even in silence you are able to understand each other and know that sometimes no words are needed.

 

A life with Jeongyeon.

 

A smile eases onto your lips after a content sigh was released, the sound of her breathing steadily next to you soothes you and your erratic heartbeat. You never want this moment to end, but honestly even if it were to, you know that you wouldn’t have had it any other way.

 


[A/N]:

There you go guys. I was planning for this to just be a Jeong POV but a couple of you guys have requested that I do part 2/Mina POV thingy. Wow, I'm really early. And since I didn't really have anything to do right now, (lol what a loser) I was like why not?

I don't know how this turned out, and usually part 2's aren't as good as part 1's, but I do hope that you guys enjoyed this!! ^.^

Continue to love JeongMi and TWICE~

– J out *makes peace sign* 

(if you couldn't guess, J is me. I was trying to be cool, I'm sorry)