1/1

Rainstorms

 


 

Jeongyeon POV:

 


 

It’s 2:38 am.

 

It’s been 6 hours since this rain storm has begun, and it shows no signs of stopping just yet as the pouring rain continues to soak through your grey hoodie and into your bones. Gosh, you hope you don't catch a cold tonight.

 

What am I doing?”  you mutter to yourself in a pant.

 

What are you doing, you wonder. Quite frankly, you don't really know nor do you really care. All you do know is that you can’t stop running. You won’t stop running. Well at least not until you get to where you need to be. Next to her.

 

The sudden roar of thunder and the heavy rain piercing your skin comes as a shock but it still doesn't halt you from running another 2 blocks to get to her.

 

Your mind begins to wander back to her again. She’s alone tonight, having said that her parents have an important business meeting overseas, leaving her to her own devices at home. You know that she's a big girl and that she can take care of herself just perfectly fine, but even so you can’t help but worry. 

 

She doesn't really like loud noises let alone the sound of thunder, and as soon as the first strike of lightning came down, you could've sworn that you have never gotten out of your bed as quickly as that. Also, now that you think about it, running 5 blocks in the tumbling rain with fuzzy yellow socks and a pair of black sandals was a bad idea. Nonetheless you continue running, to finally reach her doorstep.

 

Bent over your knees, panting, you somewhat collect yourself and ring the bell. It takes you a couple minutes to realise that maybe she hasn't heard you, so you ring it again. And again, and again. Until she storms to the door, swinging it open while glaring at you, eyes red and puffy. Once she recognises the pestering bell ringer that is you, her eyes instantly soften up and then slightly widen as she sees you saturated on her once dry welcoming mat.

 


 

Hurrying to pull you inside, the girl begins to dart around the house in search for a towel.

 

“Mina…”

 

“Later. Right now we need to get you changed before you die of hypothermia.”

 

She ushers you to the bathroom to change into a pair of warm pyjamas that she has lent you. 

 

Feeling much warmer than before, you step outside only to see her a foot away holding another fluffy white towel. Taking your hand, gently tugging, she beckons you to her room and you don’t even question it. You never do when it comes to her.

 

She sits you on the edge of her bed and lets go of your hand, you miss the small warmth immediately but you continue to watch her stand there as she reaches out to you with the towel still in her hand. She begins to dry your hair you realise, but to be honest, what she’s doing doesn't matter as long as she’s going to be close to you like this.

 

You look up at her from in-between her arms, you really look at her and wow, she is just so beautiful. From the way her eyebrows furrow to focus on what she’s doing to your hair, to the way her tongue slightly pokes out from in-between those pink kissable lips. Your eyes widen at your own train of thought and she brings her hands to a stop.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you uncomfortable with me doing this?” she questions with the tilt of her head. And God, that is the cutest thing.

 

“NO! Uhh I mean… no. I just almost dozed off cause it felt so good. That’s all.” 

 

You feel a small blush paint your cheeks at your exclamation, but she just giggles and continues to ruffle your hair, drying it. You both fall into a comfortable silence, and it wouldn’t have been better any other way.

 


 

After your hair is all dry and done, and you are both now stood leaning against the rail of her balcony, the main reason as to why you came here in the first place resurfaces. 

 

“So why did you come all the way here?”

 

“What? I couldn't come over to visit my dear Minari?”

 

“Jeongyeon. It’s almost 4 am, you should be asleep by now.”

 

“So should you.” you say as you stick your tongue out.

 

Mina rolls her eyes at you playfully and for a moment you forgot how to breathe.

 

You mock surrender. 

 

“Alright. You caught me. It’s just.. I knew that you would be alone and that with all the rain and thunder, you would probably need someone to be with, to you know… make sure you’re safe and stuff..”

 

She looks straight at you in this certain way, you don’t know the exact meaning behind it but you know that you want to see it more often.

 

A small hushed whisper escapes her lips and you almost didn't hear it. Almost.

 

Thank you Jeongyeonie…

 

A wide grin spreads across your face and she returns the gesture. As she turns her head away to gaze at the dark night sky above, the rain now trickling, you carry on staring at her, and only her. At the stars that were reflected in her eyes. At the cute little mole on her nose. At the strand of hair that fell out of place and that you so badly wanted to push back behind her ear, but you hesitate thinking that if you were to touch her, she would crack as if she was made of glass. Although that does sound a little creepy..... actually a lot creepy, you just couldn't help yourself. She makes you feel irrational, but in the best way possible.

 

A smile gently graces her lips as she releases a contented sigh. As everything around you slows down, in contrast to the pounding of your heart, only one thought ran through your near empty head…

 

God. I am so in love with her.

 


[A/N]:

I'm so sorry if there were any mistakes or if somethings didn't seem to make sense and also if this didn't do JeongMi the justice they deserve.

Please leave comments if you would like me to do more or just for anything really. Leave lots of comments lol.

Also please continue to love and support our TWICE girlies

Oh and also, JeongMi riseee !!!

- J