ᴶᴶᴷ × ᴷᵀᴴ × ᴾᴶᴹ & ᴼᵀ7 | wanderlust

depths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this had been given to me as the second prompt for a secret santa in which i participated.

- prompt details given to me -
for: b2utygonnabastalker
pairing: vkook, jikook, ot7
prompt: BTS now live in a post-apocalyptic world where people finally live in peace. They no longer fight for greed or hatred. Everyone accepts one another even if his principles may not always be considered moral. BTS roam free to explore the ruins and grow up together. (Pairing) show love to each other in odd ways. However the world soon begins to fall apart again.

finished this on 2016.12.24
was allowed to be published on 2017.01.11 (still not sure, but since i already got an answer from b2utygonnabastalker i thought it was okay to finally share it.)

the story kinda doesn't match that much with the prompt. i just hope it's still okay.

 

Jungkook sighed in content as he was staring up at the sky. A little smile decorated his face as he watched the thousands of beautiful, sparkling stars above them. For a short while he closed his eyes, listening to the crackling sound of the fire they had lit as soon as the light of the day bid its goodbye to make room for the soothing darkness of the night. Though it wasn't that dark anyways since the moon shone so brightly, turning the night into another kind of day. He listened some seconds longer to the fire before he opened his eyes again to sit up. He took a look around at each of his hyungs. All of them were currently sleep and Jungkook knew he was supposed to sleep as well, but he couldn't. There was a feeling inside him that just kept him awake. Hopefully, Seokjin wouldn't find out about him staying up till late at night or else he would to fear for his life.

Jungkook just smiled brighter at that thought. He was happy all of them were here with him, after all that had happened to them. To the world. He then took a look around his surroundings. A few days ago they had set up their little 'camp' in this old, rundown and pretty much destroyed factory. One might think that it was pretty dangerous and careless to sleep in such an area, however in reality it wasn't. They had been travelling through the country for months now, always sleeping at such places. Currently they were somewhere on the countryside, far away from all kind of civilization. Usually they would find much better places to stay, or hide at in the cities, but they never had the intention to simply stay in one of the cities. Now, that they were able to they wanted to see all of the country they had been born in. Even though it had taken the world, as they had known it, to be destroyed in order to allow them to travel as much as they were longing for.

They had made peace with the situation as it was now, knowing that everyone on planet earth had to face the same reality as they had to. No matter if one person had been rich, poor, old, young, straight as a stick, gay, bi, mad or whatsoever everyone was now the at the same page as everyone else. There weren't too many people left and in order to survive they just had to accept everyone just the way they were. People nowadays were working hard in order to build their own new world, a world that was better than the previous one. As terrible as the 'end' had been, the new beginning they were granted was worth it. Jungkook knew that. All of them did.

As weird as it sounds, but the people of the 'old world' had gone crazy with technology, thinking they were superior to anything, even the weather. They build machines to take control over the weather in order to get rid of all the horrible storms, to turn all deserts to beautiful green oases and many other reasons. At first it had been great, almost like a wonder, but people had always been greedy beings and so they had started to think they were gods. Not only that wars between countries occurred as a result, also mother earth and the weather turned against all human beings. The storms that followed marked the beginning of the end. Soon the wars had become the smallest problems as the storms all over the planet started to destroy everything human made. Countless people all around the world had lost their life throughout the months of constant wars, storms and the results of the destructions.

To be honest, Jungkook had never understood how they had been able to survive, how each of them managed not to die even though seoul, as it had been known before, was now nothing more than a huge area of ruins. Jungkook didn't like remembering all the times they had been close to death or how his hyung, Yoongi, once had been hit by a tree that fell to the ground, burying Yoongi's right arm in the progress. Jungkook still remembered his hyung's screams of agony and pain, something he never wanted to hear ever again. Luckily the tree wasn't particularly big, so they had been able to free him from being buried by it. Well, the tree had still managed to break his arm, causing one of his broken bones to actually stick out of his skin. It had been the worst day in everyone's life. Till that day Jungkook had no idea how they managed to get to one of the remaining hospitals and to actually get him into surgery. Jungkook remembered how they had to help the doctor stich Yoongi back up due to the lack of personal in the hospital.

An icy shudder run down his spine each time he remembered that particular day. He forced himself to think of something beautiful again in order not to start crying again at the spot. However, it wasn't that easy, but he would rather think about anything else in order to keep his mind off of Yoongi's arm. He remembered how he had always wanted to be the manliest one out of BTS during their time as idols. Crying? Something he rarely had ever done, but if he had had to it would have still look manly. Manly tears. But nowadays he just let his tears flow each time he felt like it. Throughout the past months he had learned that it was okay to cry, that it was okay to show even those emotions that would make one seem vulnerable and stuff. He also learned that showing one's pain wasn't necessarily a sign of weakness, but more an expression of strength, strength to face all the pain and hit it right in the face. He also learned that his hyungs shared his pain and it kinda bonded them together ever more than they had already been before. They had promised to go through all this together, to never leave each other's' sides, standing up for each of them, being strong together and to face the pain ahead of them together.

"Kookie?" he heard his name being called by a sleepy voice on the other side of the fire. Jungkook blinked at that, momentarily stuck in a kind of 'where am I?' since he had been lost in his memories. He slowly turned around to find Jimin sitting up, looking straight at him with worried eyes. Jungkook bent his head slightly to the left, still blinking. Jimin noticed the way Jungkook wouldn't respond. He knew the youngest of all of them often got lost in his memories since it took him way longer to cope with them, especially the bad ones. Jimin got up from his sleeping spot and made his way over to Jungkook, who was watching him all the way. Jimin sat himself right behind Jungkook, wrapping his arms around the younger's waist. The younger soon turned slightly in order to lean himself against the older's strong chest. Jungkook let out another sigh of content as he felt the older's warmth and the feeling of security the older provided. He loved being right there, in the older's arms. Each time it would feel like paradise to him, like he belonged right there. And again he mentally thanked the world that it had gone to hell. Any other way he would probably still be the maknae he used to be that pushed his hyung away each time the older would show affection. Honestly, Jungkook wasn't able to understand his past self anymore. How had he ever been able to push Jimin away?

He had only noticed the way he needed each and every one of them after the world had started to fall apart. For some reasons, that he hadn't been able to understand in the beginning, he had become especially dependent of Jimin and Taehyung, both of them always placing his needs right before their own. It did take him some time, but soon he had understood what his body had tried to tell him for years as a tingling feeling would rise inside him each time he was near one of them. He then understood why he felt hot each time they were near him, but even more when they were touching him.

Jimin started caressing his back, kissing his hair now and then. He didn't force the younger to talk. They sat there for some time before Jimin heard some quite snores coming from the younger. He took a look down to find the younger sleeping in his arms. Jimin cued at the younger's sweet sleeping face, kissing his hair once again. He then suddenly felt a presence behind him. He didn't need to turn around to know who it was. He then felt him sitting down right beside him and behind Jungkook. Jimin then pressed Jungkook tighter against his chest as he leaned against Taehyungs side. Taehyung put an arm around Jimin, leaning his head against the slightly older male's one, looking down at their precious maknae.
"He was awake again?" Taehyung whispered into Jimin's ear, closing his eyes as a wave of tiredness washed right through him.'
"Yeah, he was out of it again." Jimin answered, concern and worry evident in his voice. Taehyung kissed Jimin's temple in order to reassure him that everything was just fine.
"Don't worry too much, Chimchim. He'll be alright one day. He just needs some time." Taehyung whispered, yawning right after. Jimin giggled a little. Taehyung smiled at that. "Come on let's sleep. Namjoon hyung said he wants us to move to daegu tomorrow." Taehyung added, already laying down at Jungkook's sleeping bag. With Jimin's help they managed to lay Jungkook down, carefully in order not to wake the younger up. Jimin then lay down at the other side of Jungkook, pulling a blanket over the three of them. Taehyung smiled, closing his eyes. Jimin then took Taehyung's hand, interlacing their fingers, resting their hands on top of Jungkook's chest. Both of them soon fell asleep after another look into each other's eyes.

The next day arrived in a blink of an eye and soon the sun rose over the horizon, coloring the sky into beautiful shades of yellow and rose. One after another each of the seven of them woke up. Birds started to chirp and the soft summer breeze caused the leaves of the trees to dance and rustle quietly. Hoseok stretched his limbs, smiling in content as he took in the smell of freshly cooked soup. Obviously their oldest hyung, Seokjin, was already awake since some time, cooking breakfast for them like all the days before. He then got up from his sleeping bag and walked over to his hyung, who was already smiling brightly at him and Hoseok just returned the smile just as brightly. Just as he sat down beside his hyung, Yoongi, Namjoon and Taehyung walked over to them, sitting down right beside Hoseok.
"So, what's the plan for today?" Hoseok asked Namjoon, who was yawning. Namjoon then sighed shortly before he took a look at Jimin and Jungkook that were still sleeping, smiling as both of them were just too cute to handle.
"We're not that far away from daegu, so I want us to go there. Maybe Yoongi hyung and Tae's families are still alive." Namjoon stated, smiling at Seokjin, who handed him a bowl of soup.

Even though they weren't idols anymore and their life as such has long passed now, all of them still relied on Namjoon as their leader. Over the years he had proven that he was more than capable for that position and after the wars and storms occurred he had been the only one who maintained a calm mind, thinking about each situation carefully and making the best out of it. Each and every one relied on him and so they simply decided to follow him wherever he wanted to go. They shared the same dream, but they needed Namjoon to lead them. Namjoon never told them but during the first few weeks, after seoul was destroyed, were the hardest in his life. Even though he had kept his calm on the outside, a hurricane had raged inside of him. He hadn't been sure if he was able to lead them into a better future. Yes, maybe he had been a good leader for an idol group, but after all there had still been their manager to help him and the whole stuff. Now they were on their own and he had to make all the important decisions himself. In the beginning, he had even hoped for all of them to just leave and go home. He had been sure they would have had a better chance to survive with their families. But, at that point of time nobody could know if their families were still alive. And if they compared what happened in seoul to other cities then it was more likely that all of them died, buried beneath crumbling houses, falling trees, cars or whatsoever. Eventually, he had realized that he wouldn't be able to life without them soon enough. They needed each other and he promised himself that he would do everything in order to keep them together and to make their new dream come true. They had managed to make their dream come true one time as idols, so why shouldn't it be possible a second time?

"Are you sure? Should we really go there?" Seokjin started, worry evident in his voice as he took a look at Yoongi, who just stared into the empty air, and then at Taehyung, who kept his gaze at his hands on his laps. "I don't think it's a good idea to go back there. What if- if their families are dead?" Seokjin added, sighing at the end. Namjoon sighed as well as he took a look at Taehyung and Yoongi as well. Suddenly Taehyung rose his head and smiled slightly. All of them knew it wasn't a honest one.
"I wanna go there, see what's left." Taehyung said with a smile before he got up and walked over to Jungkook and Jimin who were still sleeping, cuddling all cutely like two koalas. He chuckled at the sight and then needled down beside Jungkook, kissing his cheek in order to wake him up. However, the younger didn't budge waking up at all. Taehyung kissed the younger's cheeks a few more times before he sighed annoyed, sitting back up. He then proceeded to poking Jimin's cheek, chuckling as the slightly younger male would stir in his sleep, muttering: 'just five more minutes.'

Taehyung then sighed again and rolled Jungkook on his back, sitting down on top of him, looking down at the younger's face for a while. Just after a few seconds passed he leaned down once again. However, this time to kiss the younger right onto his lips instead of his cheeks. Jungkook still didn't budge to wake up. Taehyung would press his lips longer onto the younger ones, also holding his nose. Soon the younger shot his eyes open, obviously awake now, and then he started to cough. Taehyung just smiled wickedly. N, he absolutely didn't cut the younger from all air in order to wake him up. No, he didn't. Jungkook stared up at him in disbelief as soon as the coughing subsided to a minimum. Jimin had also woken up due to Jungkook's frantic coughing, staring at Taehyung in the same disbelief. Taehyung just chuckled again as he studied their shocked expressions.
"Just wake up when I kiss you. Then you won't have to suffer." Taehyung stated. Jimin let out a sigh, shaking his head slightly. He knew how hard it was to actually wake up Jungkook, but cutting of his air supply was rather a radical act. Jungkook then suddenly started to laugh and Taehyung smiled at that. Jungkook sat up, kissing Tae's cheeks and then Jimin's. He then turned his head to his other hyungs, who had been watching all amused. They knew Taehyung would never hurt Jungkook so they weren't too worried when he did what he did.

Jungkook then pushed Taehyung off of him, pressing him to the ground and pressed his lips to top of the older ones. Taehyung melted into the kiss immediately, wrapping his arms around the younger's neck, pulling him closer. Soon the kiss got a little more heated as Jungkook's tongue demanded entrance to Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung just parted his lips slightly, allowing Jungkook to win the fight over dominance. Suddenly they heard Jimin sighing dramatically. As both of them took a look at him he was already pouting, looking away from them with slightly red cheeks. Both of them started to chuckle as they noticed the older's cute pout. Jungkook got up again, kissing only the corner of Jimin's lips as the older pushed him away. Taehyung then got up as well, hugging Jimin from behind, holding his head in place in order to make Jungkook able to kiss him properly. Jimin muttered some incomprehensible words as he realized what they were doing. Jungkook then leaned in again, this time kissing the older fully on his lips. Jimin soon closed his eyes as he, just as Taehyung before, melted into the kiss. Jungkook grinned into the kiss before Taehyung shoved him away from Jimin, kissing Jimin himself. Jungkook blinked at the both of them in disbelief yet again as he had been fallen to the ground. Just then he noticed the other hyungs watching them with smiles plastered on their faces. Jungkook also noticed the different meanings behind each of his hyungs' smile. Well, they had been living together long enough. Jungkook just knew.

Namjoon stood up, walking over to them with that smile of his.
"Yah, Lovebirds! Come it. We have a long way ahead of us!" Namjoon stated as he chuckled because of Jimin, who was po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter