장 2

나는 당신을 사랑 할 수 있습니까? (Can I Love You?)

Riu's POV 

 

I woke up with full of sweats. Cant really remember what the dream was, definitely its really felt surreal to me. The image of one peculiar girl, dressed full in white but the weird thing was her face was so vague. With a terrible messy hair, I walked out from the bed and washed myself. 

 

I planned to reach early at my workplace because I need to settle down all the stuff before the photo shoot. So, after joining my parents at the dining table for breakfast, I managed to rush into the car and drove out from our house. Like usual, Young Gi the boss is already in the studio, becoming the first person who greeted me today. 

 

 

"We have the top model Krystal Jung . You know how to handle her, right?" once I catched that name, a sigh came out. Then this guy chuckled a bit. He must know why that kind of sigh. I didnt have to tell. 

 

 

"I wish, I am not the photographer for today. Why you arranged me with her anyway? I would be damn, dude, seriously, " I said in sarcastic way while removing anything in my camera bag. "That Mighty Jung is not that easy to handle, you know. We need extra lights, extra lens and extra patience. Or not, the picture aint come out good," 

 

 

Young Gi laughed. 

 

"Gosh, you deadly go serious with her huh? Relax, she's just the model, you, the one who control the set, not her my dear," he tapped my shoulder and continued, "We need her to be tamed, Riu. What happen before cant' be repeated again. You know what I mean?" 

 

I nodded, totally understand what he just said. 

 

 

 

"Alright, dont worry. I'm going to tame that woman for you, boss. I promise, the photo shoot will be ended perfectly, just like you wanted," I tried to convince. "My set, my control. Got that, Young Gi," 

 

He shook his head down and gives me thumbs up then. I responsed back with the same action. 

 

 

 

 

My phone rang and I watch close the vibrating devices. Inhaling a large amount of air and stressfully exhaled them out, I take the call, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes Krystal," 

 

 

***

 

We finished earlier and smoother than I expected. Krystal looked so bright today and I dont know why. I think I'd been demand enough in set, asking her to pose in variety styles and angles but she remained calm and steady. I wonder, where is the bossy and swanky Krystal Jung that I knew? Is she being possessed by something or what? 

 

"You look different," I said, looking at her through the reflect of the mirror. "Won a lottery or get your head hit on the wall?" 

 

 

"Gosh you're mean," she chuckled. Removing the thick make up on her face, this beauty staring at me through the reflection and curved a smile. "You're lucky enough because I'm on my good mood today. Otherwise, I will crush your day," 

 

 

"Now who's mean???" I retorted back, half-smiling. I pulled off the bag from my shoulder and put it on the vanity table. "My first time seeing you like this, Krys. Dont mind to tell me what's going on?" 

 

She didnt answer but just shook her head instead. I found that look was so cute and adorable.

 

“Let’s have lunch?” she asked.

 

“It’s on you then I can’t refuse,” I said, teasing.

 

“Be gentleman please, you’re older than me for goodness sake,”

 

“For your information I’m a girl and one more thing, we were born on the same year,” I added again. “Excuse me from being categorized as a gentleman,”

 

She scoffed and rolled her eyes which that made me laughed at her. “Haha, poor you,”

 

I stopped laughing as I realized something missing in my bag. Krystal questioned me with a frown, “Ha, what’s wrong now?”

 

I rummaged my favorite bag several times before I looked at her and answered that I can’t find my camera.

 

“Where the hell it is?!” I raised my voice, totally afraid all of sudden. I roamed my eyes around then. I shifted to the nearest drawer and pulled it out spontaneously.

 

“You must put it somewhere and your lack brain forgot it,” Krystal suggested. I turned and whined, “I love my brain, Krys. Thank you,”

She rose up from the roll chair and walked around the space, trying to give a help too. She opened the wardrobe, the other drawers, checked each of them neatly but yet ‘it’s not here’ was her answer. I groaned and grabbed my hair in frustration. 

 

“It stored all my best shots,” I murmured, again rummaging the bag. “Last thing I can remember, it was here in my bag. Right after I left yesterday, I’m sure I put it in then I brought along to the mall…” and that moment my brain recalled the bump incident between me and the familiar girl. My bag was fallen on the floor and that thing happen the same to her.


Staring at my sudden blank face, Krystal muttered, “Yah, you’re zoned out???”

 

“I need to get my camera back,” I said to her. “And I knew the place,”

 

“Okay… If you say so,” she continued, “Where is it?”

 

 

 

I released a mouthful breathe, grabbing my bag. “UNIQLO”.

 

 

I pulled her along with me as I spoke, “Lunch and dinner, I will treat you if I get my camera back,”

 

***

 

Dahyun frowned as she stared at the younger girl. “Yah, what are you looking for???”

Scratching her not itchy head- the latter released a deep sigh.

 

 

“I lost my phone,”

 

 

Dahyun put her bag on the study table and calmly take off her shoes. “This is the fourth time, Tzuyu-ah. I repeat fourth time,”

 

The girl name Tzuyu pouted sadly. “Unnie…”

 

“What?”

 

“Help me please…”

 

Dahyun knew that puppy look of her. She hissed, “I don’t know what happen to your brain. Memory loss or… Yoda just possessed you huh?”

 

Tzuyu still pouting, even though she’s busy rummaging her place, searching for the precious device of hers. “Can you make a call pleaseee…”

 

Sighing, the older girl grabbed her cellphone and dialed Tzuyu’s number. She waited a few minutes before the call directed into the mailbox.

 

“Your phone’s dead,” Dahyun gave her sympathy look.

 

“Offhhhh…” Tzuyu whined. “Oh God help me. I’d just bought it two months ago. Please let my phone in someone’s kind hand,”

 

“I told you hundred times, Yoda-yah. Don’t bring it with you if you’re in ‘mystery mode’. Remember? I bet you dropped it somewhere,”

 

“No… I don’t think I…” Tzuyu tried to argue but stopped as she remembered something. She rose from her current sit and looked at Dahyun with round eyes.

 

They exchanged glares for a moment before Dahyun asked, finding the atmosphere is creepy.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

“UNIQLO” Tzuyu said. Short.

 

***

Riu’s POV

 

Hurriedly drove like a maniac, I went straight to the counter once I reached the store. With Krystal followed close.

 

“Welcome to UNIQLO, sir. May I help you?” the cashier greeted formally and bowed.

 

“My camera. I lost it. I think it’s here,” I watched how her expression changed.

 

“Im sorry, sir. We’re selling clothes. Not camera,” she replied with a frown.

 

I puffed my cheeks, seriously that statement sounded so dumb to me. Of course I knew what UNIQLO is.

 

“Yah, ask her nicely,” Krystal whispered. “You just scared her out, Riu,”

 

I cleared my throat and calmly muttered, hiding my anxiety. “I’m sorry. I think I dropped a camera, here in front of this store yesterday. Was any of the staff keeping it?”

 

“O-ooh…” the cashier finally got my words. “Alright, give me a second, sir. I’m going to ask my manager,”

 

“Yes go on,” I replied.

 

We’re listened to her conversation patiently. While I’m deeply hope I can have my camera back. Only God knows how precious it is to my life. Starve for straight 6 months, the saving from my pocket money; I used it only for inspiration. Not for my current carrier. So that, I keep it with me everywhere I go. And now, I don’t even know where the hell my camera is. That’s totally .

 

“Sorry to inform you sir. Your camera actually was taken by one of our staff yesterday. But she’s absent today,” this uniform girl explained and apologized. “We don’t know where she put it, very sorry sir,”

 

“A-ah…” I grumbled in disappointment.

 

“My manager said, it’s just not a digital camera, but also a cellphone. Is that also yours?”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows.

 

Cellphone?

 

It is here in my pocket.

 

 

“No… I’ve just lost camera. My cellphone is safe with me,” I stated surely. “But miss, if you don’t mind can I have the contact number of your staff? I mean the one who keep my camera with her?

 

“Of course sir. I will give it to you,” she replied with a smile. “Here, the name is Young Hae, sir. You can reach her through this number,”

 

“O-oh, thank you so much,” I thanked her and bowed my head a bit. Slightly felt ease, I turned my face to Krystal. “Let’s go for lunch first, Krys. I will send you home and find this person,” I claimed.

 

She nodded, didn’t even say a word.

 

I smiled and said. “Alright let’s go,”

 

 

Once again, in the way out of the store’s entrance, I bumped to someone. This time my shoulder hit hers and I winched in pain.

 

“Y-yah,” I can’t utter as our eyes met.

 

 

This girl.

 

 

“I’m sorry, sir,” she bowed down-apologized.

 

 

“I’m sorry too,” I said. Bowing politely also. This time she has a company. I bet they’re high scholars, based on their uniform.

 

We exchanged a bow again before Krystal and I made our way out. At that time, I recalled what the cashier said before.

 

Not only camera, but also a cellphone.

 

I bumped to her, my bag and she fell on the floor. So, possibly, the cellphone might be hers.

 

I stopped my walk and Krystal asked why.

 

“Krys, I’m sorry. I think I need to do something important first. You don’t mind if taking a taxi or…” I can’t finish my words when Krystal raise her right hand and smiled calmly,

 

“Don’t worry, Riu. I have someone to fetch me here. You go ahead,” she said.

 

I frowned. Again. Seriously this girl looks so different today.

 

“Are you okay with that? Really?”

 

“Yes I am,” she confirmed. I study her bright face for a while and nod.

“Okay then. See you soon. I’m sorry kay?”

 

She slightly tapped my cheeks and said,

 

“Not a big deal,” Krystal clicked her tongue as she curved her lips up. Okay. New improvement, her smile getting pretty than before.

 

We waved goodbye then.

 

I walked back to the store and watched the girl at the counter, looking lost as well. I don’t know why I smile, witnessing the scene. Stick out the note that the cashier gave to me, I take a glimpse on it and back again my eyes landed on the tall girl.

 

I saw she bowed to the cashier and left the counter with a sad face. 

 

 

I swallowed a lump in my throat as I watch her walking in my direction. 

 

 

 

For the first time, I feel my heart going to burst out like a fire. 

 

 

 

 

That girl. Familiar girl. 

 

 

Is that really her?