Just Colleagues

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 – Just Colleagues

Due to the shock, utter surprise and panic she felt while barging into something that she knows she shouldn’t have seen, Mo Yeon dropped the envelope containing the documents she’s carrying which made its contents scatter around the floor. The sound got the attention of Si Jin and the woman kissing him. Mo Yeon hurriedly bent down to pick up the papers while Si Jin who almost forcefully pushed the woman off him and gave the woman a dark look before rushing to help Mo Yeon get the scattered items. After ensuring that they were able to gather all the documents, Mo Yeon and Si Jin stood up with Mo Yeon starting to put back the papers inside the envelope with Si Jin’s help.

When they were done, Mo Yeon spoke up and said, “Director Yoo, I’m sorry for barging in. I could just wait outside while you wrap things up here.”

She was about to move towards the door when Si Jin caught her arm and said, “No need for that Atty. Kang. Ms. Han’s business here is done.” Si Jin then looked at the other woman and darkly said, “Ms. Han, there’s nothing that we still need to talk about. I believe our discussion is done.”

The woman gave Si Jin a sultry smile then walked over to where Si Jin and Mo Yeon are standing and stopped in front of Mo Yeon. She then spoke up and said, “Not so fast Director Yoo. I think it would be rude not to introduce myself to your guest.” She then held out her hand to Mo Yeon, “I believe we haven’t been introduced. I’m Han Yoo Ri, Head of Communications Department here at NIS.”

Mo Yeon reached out, shook the woman’s hand firmly and answered, “Good day Ms. Han. I’m Atty. Kang Mo Yeon.”

Yoo Ri looked at Mo Yeon’s eyes intently as if issuing a challenge and said, “It’s nice to finally meet Director Yoo’s ex-wife in person. As what they say, it’s always good to know the competition.”

Mo Yeon did her best to hide her laugh, especially when she heard how the woman emphasized the word ex-wife, but failed to do so since Yoo Ri noticed it and commented, “Is there something funny Atty. Kang?”

Mo Yeon then looked at the woman who has been making her blood boil since she observed that Ms. Han has been looking at her from head to toe in a subtle condescending manner, before replying “Yes there is. It’s actually you Ms. Han. I assure you that I am no competition. Whatever is between you and Director Yoo is none of my business. However, if you will still consider me as one then I will stop doing that if I were you because…” she then took a step to be closer to the woman and looked her straight in the eye and said, “you are no match against me.”

Yoo Ri who was clearly surprised by the sudden change in demeanor of Mo Yeon just gave a chilling smile in return, walked out of the office and slammed the door close behind her. Ja-ae who was clearly surprised to see her leaving Director Yoo’s office watched her silently as she made her way to the elevator. As soon as she got in, she let out a frustrated yell. Clearly, she underestimated Mo Yeon. She was indeed fooled by the woman’s angelic beautiful face and calm demeanor. However, she realized that Si Jin wouldn’t have married the woman if there’s nothing special about her. But she likes, no loves Si Jin, and now that she has a chance to be with him, she will do her best to win him over. The game is on Kang Mo Yeon, she thought.            

 

 

Si Jin took a nervous peek at his ex-wife but he noticed that Mo Yeon is already calm so he decided to clear his throat to get her attention.

“I’m sorry about that. She’s….” however he wasn’t able to finish his statement because Mo Yeon interrupted him with a small smile on her face and said, “Atty. Yoo you don’t have to explain anything.”

Si Jin who perked up at hearing what she called him decided to tease his ex-wife a little by saying, “You haven’t called me Atty. Yoo in ages!” Mo Yeon laughed at seeing his very surprised reaction.

He can’t help but smile widely at what he heard. Having Mo Yeon call him Atty. Yoo is like music to his ears, a form of peace offering from her. He remembered that she used to call him that when their friendship was just starting back when they were in law school.

“So what brings you here Atty. Kang?” he asked cheerfully.

Mo Yeon walked over to where he is and imitated his current position of leaning on the desk so they ended up standing side by side. She then handed him the envelope she is carrying and said, “I’m just here to give you the documents left to me by Tae Min. It might help NIS t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter