Haesoo

In This Time

5 months later

10:00am

The days have gone by quicker, I have no idea how, but it always just did. It was always home, then work, then home and every Saturday I met up with my family. There was nothing new and so have the things I did on a nearly day to day basis.

Well, except for one thing. I have been noticing Baekhyun quite a lot these days, its as if I have developed this childish infatuation towards him. Which I do hope is in no degree real. Though the only thing we do when we see each other is give a shy smile nothing more.

"Hyeran!" an officemate of mine snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see a disappointed look on her face as she just witnessed me day dreaming in the middle of work.

"y-yes, ma'am" I stutter as I stood on both of my feet. I even knocked the cup of pencils on my desk.

The manager in charge wanted to look pissed off but laughed at my mistake. She then looked over my shoulder and there stood a girl a lot prettier than I was, looking a little bit lost herself. "You see her?" the manager asked me as if she was trying to scare the hell out of me.

I only gave her a blank stare, lowkey hoping she understood that I was not affected by her little game.

She coughed a bit embarrased with herself. "She's new around here" she stated a way too obvvious fact. "You do the job of getting her to adapt to this enviroment, okay?" she asked me with a shy smile on her face.

"It would always be my pleasure to tour people around Ms. Kim" I smiled at her, the one that makes her thinl that I'm some innocent 12 year old which probably brought out her maternal instincts, I mean she's in her 40's and her children are already in college.

She squeezed my cheeks, making sure I was aware that I was her favorite child in the office. Then she walked off, to do whatever she needs to do.

I didn't bother to sit back on my chair, because being Ms. Kim's favorite child may have its perks, but she definitely nags like a mother.  I made my way towards the pretty girl looking through some files in the office. 

"Hi!" I greeted her softly. She turned her head, I thought she was pretty from the distance,but low and behold, she's pretty up close.

"Hi!" she greeted me softly. Her eyes meeting mine. 

"What's your name?" I brought up the only way you can start a conversation with an absolute stranger.

"Hae soo"

The name sounded familiar. I just couldn't point out where I heard that name. "It's my pleasure to meet you/" I smiled at her., "I"m Hyeran" I pulled out my hand to shake hers. She gladly accepted it and gave the simple greeting 'please take care of me'.

"I'm quite on the younger side of the office, majority of the people here are kind of olf, so please do feel comfortable with me" I joked, making sure those close by could here.

I loved joking about their age in the office becuase the closes person to my age was 10 years older than I am. After I said those words, there were soft laughters and murmured jokes around.

I gave her a quick tour around the office, from the countless of other stuff our office did to the basics of photocopying. I warned her about getting told to do errands here and there for the elders. 

2:00pm

We sat at the lounge, manager Kim told to skip on the things I have to pass today to make Haesoo comfortable in her brand new work enviroment.

"Why did you choose to work here anyway?" I asked her out of curiosity.

"Well, I had no initial plan of joining the company, but a family friend of mine forced me to enter their company. I mean, there is no change in payment and I made sure thar I was not treated like some nobility" she immediately explained something that had obviously slipped her tongue.

"I get it and you don't have to keep it a secret from me" I assured her, this of course eased her up a bit.

"I'm so sorry, I was suppose to keep this a secret" she explained.

"I told you, I'm fine with it" I continously assured her.

"Hae~soo~" a deep voice called out from the back. 

Both Haesoo's head and mine turned towards the direction of the person callling out her name. I was in total shock as I saw the guy who called out her name and the two other boys seem to be just as equally surprised as I was.

 

NOT EDITED  YET