Their story.

Holding on and letting go
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: WARNING! This is not fluff and maybe a little depressing to some. Nevertheless, i hope you guys like it. It'll be split up into 2 chapters. >.<

 

************

 

Kyungsoo woke up in cold sweat. He was breathing hard and he could feel his heart beating fast. It was her again. Sana. Someone he couldn't run away from, no matter how he tried. It’s been 5 years and she still haunts him in his dreams, reminding him of everything he once had. The way she smiles at him, the way the sight of her just makes him stop whatever he’s doing and just stare in awe at how someone could be this beautiful. She was just a magnet to him. He was hers as well. They were 17, and they fell in love. He thought they were meant to be, that he’ll spend the rest of his life with her. Yes, he thought that at 17. Never had he imagined that she thought differently. In fact he never knew what goes on her mind, those dark sinister thoughts she foster. All she was to him is a ray of sunlight that made his gloomy everyday life so much more bearable. How he regrets everything now, how he wishes he knew the first time she walked in their class.

********

5 years ago.

The whole class grew silent as the teacher walked in with the transfer student. “Class this is your new classmate. She’s from Japan and she’s been living in Korea for the last 2 years now. Please take care of her.” Their teacher gestured for the girl to step forward and introduce herself. “Hello. My name is Minatozaki Sana, nice to meet you all.” She had a bright smile on her face as she walked towards the back of the class where there’s an empty chair beside him. Kyungsoo felt her settle down in her seat but he didn’t dare look at her. He has a very quiet personality and he especially hates small talks. What more to a pretty girl. He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t notice the girl was speaking to him. Ultimately, she tapped his shoulder to get his attention. He was startled and that made her giggle. He remained silent and just stared at her in fascination. “I’m sorry, but my pencil broke. Do you have a sharpener?” He handed her what she asked for without saying a word. “Thank you.”

The rest of the day went on as boring and as mundane as any other school days for Kyungsoo. As soon as the bell rang, he lazily gathered all his things and went straight to his locker. That’s when he heard the loud pouring of the rain. “Agh, I must’ve left it on my desk.” He was searching his bag but he couldn’t find his umbrella. He went back to his classroom, when he was at the door he noticed a girls figure looking out the window. It was Sana. She looks like she’s in deep contemplation so Kyungsoo walked in slowly towards his desk as to not bother her. When she looked back and saw him, she put on her bright smile and greeted him. “Did you forget something? I never found out what your name was.”  “It’s Do Kyungsoo. I just came back to get my umbrella.” He took a step closer and noticed a note on his desk with his sharpener. He took the note and put it in his pocket. “Aren’t you going home?” He asked her. “I think I’ll stay here for a while. I didn’t bring my umbrella with me.” It was one of those moments where Kyungsoo did something so out of character that it surprised even him. “Uh, do you want me to stay with you?” Sana looked at him for a while and then said “Yes.”

The rest is history, as they say. From that day on, they were inseparable. Sana would always follow him around. She’ll ask if they could eat lunch together, and they would eat it at the school rooftop. She’ll go with him in the library. While he reads, she’ll put on her earphones and listen to music. She’ll put her head on the table pretending to be asleep but all the while she’s stealing glances at him. They’ll go home together, she’ll wait for him whenever he has club activities and he’ll wait for her whenever she feels like staying at the rooftop just looking at the sky. He’ll just stare at her, memorizing all her features. The way she blinks slowly while her lips part slightly whenever she’s processing her thoughts. Or how beautiful she looks when pieces of her hair falls on her face. How bright her smile is when she sees him. She’ll clumsily bump into things and just laugh awkwardly to hide her embarrassment. It wasn’t hard to fall for h

Please log in to read the full chapter