Princess

I Love You, I Remember You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When his royal eunuch appeared before him with the news that Jung was at the palace asking to see him, So was surprised, to say the least. Though he could not dare to dream that Jung would ever be as kind as to visit him at all after all the bad blood between them, he still felt his heart rate quicken at just the thought of potentially spending time with his child. He could barely breathe as he waited for Jung and when the door flew open and Jung came into sight with the little girl by his side, he felt as if his heart was about to explode.

 

"Hello, your majesty." Jung greeted, bowing his head slightly before gently nudging the little girl by his side, who's eyes were wide with wonder at the pretty and intricately designed throne room. 

 

"Hello, your majesty." The young girl said, suddenly as alert as ever. 

 

"You don't have to-" So begin to say but the girl had already dropped to her knees and thrown her arms in front dramatically for a formal bow. So could only chuckle at the antics of the girl as the stories he had heard about Soo doing the exact same thing to his father reappeared in his mind. 

 

"What's your name?" So asked inquisitively to the young child who had already gotten back on her feet and brushed herself off. 

 

"S-" The girl began to say but this time, it was Jung who interrupted her.

 

"Before we go any further, I'd like you to read this letter. It's from Soo." Jung said, walking towards the throne to hand him an unmarked letter. So took the letter in his hands as he mentally prepared himself. He methodically opened the letter as best as he could with his hands shaking uncontrollably.

 

"Your majesty, my fourth prince, 

 

If you're reading this, that means you have found out about our child and presumably now understand why I left you. I know I have no right to ask for your forgiveness but I hope that you can at least understand why I had to do this. Because even though I loved you, even though I will always love you, I couldn't let our child live in a place like the palace where they could never live a happy life, far away from the people who would hope to harm her because that's what the love of a parent is like. You'll always put your child ahead of everything else 

 

When I  found out that I was pregnant, I was scared. I knew that I did not have long to live and I could not possibly leave her to fend for herself in the palace. I wondered if you would have let me keep her knowing my condition and in the end I knew you wouldn't because you would do everything you could to protect me out of love for me and in the end I would've resented you for it. I could not give up on the life that was growing inside of me because just as I loved you, I loved our child. It wasn't because I loved you any less but because this was the right thing to do. We had to take responsibility for the life that we had created and it was up to me to protect it so in the end, I sacrificed you, even though I felt like I couldn't live on without you, it was still the right thing to do. It was wrong for me to assume that you could've given me everything for you are a king who is destined for great things, one that will be remembered for eternity but regardless, for the rest of my life, I wil regret leaving you behind and breaking my promise to you and for that, I am sorry. 

 

And even though it was selfish, I did this partly because I wanted a part of you that would only belong to me and nobody else and this child was it. This child was a testament to our love and would only ever belong to you and me and nobody could ever take that away. I would never have to share this child like I had to share you. This child would be the pure and unadulterated result of us.

 

Her name is Seol, Wang Seol. She has my eyes and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter