Being Again

I Love You, I Remember You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since the day that So had met Hae Soo, there wasn't a single day that went by where he didn't think of her. Everything he did, everything he saw, reminded him of her. Even after nearly twenty years since the day he met her, he could still remember it as clearly as the day the met. She had invaded his world years ago and even though she was gone, every breath, every step he took, was filled with the longing he felt to see her once last time. 

And on this particular day, he let this grief consume every fibre of his being. He let the grief and anger fill every pore and cover every inch of him as he stood before the lake that had always been their place. This was the lake where they had given each other everything. This lake played witness to all their memories. The confessions, the break ups and make ups, the place where they would go just to escape from the world, this was his and Soo's place. He stood for hours replaying those moments over and over again as he let it sink in that it had been six years to the day since Soo had passed. Her broken promise to not leave him in such a dark and lonely place was repeated over and over again in his head as he wept tears of regret and anger.

 

It wasn't until he heard the sound of yelling and footsteps pounding against the ground did he finally break from his trance. He turned around to see a little girl running at full speed straight into him. Before he had time to prevent it she had already barrelled straight into his legs. He looked down and was met with a pair of big brown eyes staring up at him. She met his stare and immediately feigned injury. 

 

"AI AI AI AIIII" the girl said as she clutched her head. 

 

Normally, Wang So was not a man that was very receptive to kids. Having been literally thrown to the wolves to die and fighting through numerous battles, there wasn't much of a soft side to the man but when this little girl pulled this stunt he found himself amused by the girl and a smile immediately tugging at his lips. This almost exactly mirrored the time that Soo had run head first into him and deflecting blame onto him, not long after they had met. The little girl reminded him so much of Soo when she was young, with her big, bright eyes that were full of wonder and joy and the clear mischievousness in her. Without even thinking, So uttered the exact same words that he had said all those years ago. 

 

"You were the run that ran into me." 

 

So felt a wave of fatherly affection towards the young girl as he bent down and stared into her big doe eyes and placed his hand on her cheek. A sort of affection that he had never felt for any of his sons. So had been indifferent to his sons at best but he felt oddly connected to this little girl. 

 

"Who are you?" So said as he rubbed the little girl's cheek affectionately. He wasn't sure where this was coming from but he suddenly felt a strong need to protect her. The little girl was about to answer when she turned her head to the sound of footsteps coming from behind her. 

 

"Father!" She said as she jumped up and ran into her fathers arms. So looked up and saw the little girl, whose eyes were wide with curiosity, holding Jung, his brother, the fourteenth prince. His smile disappeared as he gave one last look to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter