second encounter

Old Fashioned

"What's cookin' good lookin'?" Hoseok's enthusiastic voice comes over the phone. Seokjin suppresses a giggle and resumes the phonecall. "I heard you had a meeting yesterday that didn't go through. The guy you were supposed to meet is at my house." Hoseok yelps. "What? What is he doing there? Seokjin hyung, I never knew you were into such things.." Seokjin cuts him off. "His car broke down and I brought him over. I'll pass the line to him."

Seokjin shakes Namjoon awake, who rubs his eyes sleepily. "Who is this?" Namjoon yawns into the call. "Uh.. your potential stakeholder."

Namjoon jolts awake. "Oh! Mr Jung, I'm so sorry! As you heard from Seokjin-ssi, I was unable to make it to the meeting and I couldn't get through to your office." Hoseok stifles a laugh. "It's fine, the people in our neighbourhood are really nice and friendly, it's great that you met Seokjin hyung. Would you like to meet for some coffee?" 

Fumbling for his wallet, Namjoon drops a few coins and receipts. Seokjin smiles and picks them up, nudging Namjoon. "What's up, Mr Butterfingers? Caught in a bundle of nerves? Hoseok is a chill guy, you don't have to worry. Besides, he did tell me about your company back in Seoul, and how well your businesses match." Namjoon's lips twitch into a smile, relieved that Seokjin is trying to comfort him. Seokjin slowly pushes Namjoon out of the door, locking the door in the process. He makes a gesture towards the driveway, and Namjoon offers to take the wheel.

Seokjin begins playing Awake by BTS, his most recent jam. As he sings his favourite part of the song - the chorus, Namjoon's heart swells. "A beautiful face, personality, and charming voice." He mumbles to himself. "It is almost definite that he has found a nice girl to settle down with."

Just in time, Yoongi drops Namjoon a message. "When is your car going to get fixed? Jungkook needs a ride to Busan tomorrow evening." Namjoon slaps his forehead. "How could I have forgotten? Tomorrow is Little Aunt's death anniversary. Agh, I'll have to call the car repair service."

Seokjin pauses. "Is something wrong?" Namjoon shakes his head softly. He can't make life tougher for Seokjin after all that he's done these two days. "I'll have to be back tomorrow for something, I'll just stay one more night and find my way back." Seokjin makes a quick dial to the repairman, asking Namjoon for his car keys. "I'll send your car back once it's fixed. Give me your address?" Namjoon beams. "I couldn't thank you any more, Seokjin hyung. Really." He swiftly grabs Seokjin's hands and pats them.

A knock comes from the side window. "Yah yah, you guys are speedy huh? Come out. I'm cold." Hoseok signals for them to come out. Namjoon scrambles to his feet and opens the door for Seokjin. "Here, hyung." Seokjin giggles and steps out of the car. "I feel like a princess!"

Hoseok takes out his ballpoint and signs on the contract to open a franchise in their town. Namjoon extends his hand out of gratitude and thanks Hoseok. Seokjin grins and lightly punches Namjoon's shoulder. "Told you he's a nice guy!" Hoseok develops a frown, but starts laughing seconds later. "How did you guys get so chummy overnight? Young love, young love." Seokjin smacks him on the head. "Yah, I'm older than you, you punk!" Hoseok guffaws. "Yeah ok, and I'm dating your younger brother! Ha! Tell me something I don't already know! Bye hyung!" Seokjin's jaw drops.

Namjoon's eyes widen in shock. "Hoseok and Taehyung? That's an odd pair. Isn't your brother a college student?" Seokjin winces. "My thoughts exactly. These guys... how long did they plan to hide this from me?"