The Wall

Be My...

Jungkook’s POV

 

Transferring from Busan all the way to Seoul, I’m starting to get a bit nervous. Why does this place have to be so huge!? Where should I go? Maybe if I turn this corner? *RING! RING! RING* Crap, I gotta find the attendance office before I’m late to class. I seriously should’ve came earlier, I didn’t think this through...

Picking up the pace, I looked around trying to find a sign or something that would tell me where to go. Reaching a dead end, I quickly turned around and ran into a wall causing me to stumble back.

“Owwww...” the wall said- wait what? Opening my eyes to find the source of the voice, I realised that it wasn’t a wall I bumped into, but a guy. He had fluffy blonde hair, with dark brown eyes and had fallen over from the impact, causing him to wear a slight scowl on his face.

“I’m sorry! Are you alright?” Reaching out to lend a hand, but he smacked it away and pulled himself up off the ground. Without looking back, he spoke up “Watch where you’re going, you have eyes for a reason,” and walked away leaving me with my hand ignored. Retracting my hand, I head back to the entrance of the school to find the attendance desk. With no luck, I decided to sit down and take a breather. It was so quiet and blissful until there a sudden voice that broke the silence. “Excuse me? Why aren’t you in class? You better get going before they mark you absent.” Turning my head to the side to reveal a short boy with silver hair staring straight at me like I was a criminal.

“Um.. sorry... I couldn’t seem to find the attendance office…” I replied to the boy who was quickly approaching me.

“Well you’re lucky I found you! I can take you to the office and help you find your class. I’m Jimin by the way, and you are?”

“I’m Jungkook.”

“Alrighty then Jungkookie, this way.” Jimin smiles and we walked to the office to find my class.

-------------------------- ◉◞◟◉‵)

 

I stood outside the door to my classroom after Jimin dropped me off and took a deep breath.

Okay, this is it. I said to myself. This is going to be my class for the rest of the year. You can do this! I breathed out and opened the door. I step in and I can literally feel everyone’s eyes on me.

“How nice of you to join us. You must be Jungkook. I’m Mr. Kim but you can call me Heechul. Why don’t you introduce yourself to your new classmates? Everyone, please give your undivided attention to Mr. Jeon.”

Crap, do I really need to introduce myself to all these people? What am I supposed to say?!

“Uhhh… H-hi I’m Jeon Jungkook and it’s nice meeting you all, please take care of me, thank you.” Giving a slight bow, I turn to Heechul so that he could give me some further instructions.

“Great. Now, let’s see. Can you take the seat in the back next to V? V can you raise your hand so Jungkook can tell where to sit? Ugh, this kid is seriously sleeping again... Jungkook, you can go sit in the open seat next to that blonde drooling over his desk.”

Nodding my head, I walk through the rows of students, hearing slight whispers that spreaded like wildfire, and seeing some with their eyes pinpointed onto me. Finally reaching my new desk, I turn to look at my new neighbor who had his face buried in his arms, quietly snoozing. I could’ve sworn I’ve seen that hair color somewhere before. Leaning in closer, I stared intently, trying to recall where I’ve seen it. Now almost a foot away, the guy shot his head up and locked eyes with mine. We stared at each other with an awkward silence enveloping us until the bell rang and dismissed everyone out of class. Bolting up from my seat, I ran outside hiding the mad blush that was creeping up my face.   

After a few moments I realized that I had left my bag and  knew I had to return to the class to retrieve it. But what if V was still there? Returning back to the classroom, I stood in front of the door trying to peek inside to see if he was still inside. After a few minutes of looking without any sign of him, I decided to open the door until I was startled by a low voice behind me whispering in my ear whispering “You really need to stop getting in my way little one. Are you just going to stand there or are you going to go in?” Noticing who it was, I jumped forward hitting my head on the classroom door. Wincing from the pain of the impact, I quickly grabbed the door handle and yanked it open. “Sorry,” I muttered, without looking back and briskly walked to my desk to grab my bag. It wasn’t there. I looked under my desk. Where is it?  

“Is this what you’re looking for?” V’s deep voice interrupted my thoughts.

I quickly turned around to face him and saw he had a huge grin plastered onto his face. And of course, there was my bag, dangling from his hand effortlessly.

Great... Just. Absolutely. Freaking. Great.

“Give it back V,” my voice dead serious. If this guy really thinks this is entertaining, he can go and jump off a cliff for all I care…

“Why should I give this back to you? Maybe I want to keep it all for myself. If you want your bag back then you should do something for me in return. Are you willing to make the exchange?”

“What do you want in return? It can’t be something I can’t get either.” I replied irritably. Why can’t he just give me my bag back? It belongs to me anyways.

“You either agree to it or you don’t.”

“And what is it that I’ll be agreeing to?”

“I want you to be my errand boy for the rest of the year”

I thought he was joking. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me. My errand boy”

“You mean your personal slave? You gotta be kidding me. Why would I ever do that?”

“It’s your choice.” V shrugs wearing a smirk on his lips.

“You know what? You can keep the bag, I’m outta here.” Marching out of the classroom I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down and headed towards my next class without anything leaving V in the classroom by himself.

 

__________________________________________

Happy Halloween! ◉◞◟◉‵)