Sweet Nothing

Coming Home

 

 

"Getting married?!" She screamed out, abruptly standing up away for Kyungsoo's grasp. 

 

 

"But luckily I have been given permission to take you as my second wife, my love" Kyungsoo pleaded hurriedly hoping to calm her. Kyungsoo knew she wouldn't take the news well. He signed in sadness. "This is our only chance Hyuna, don't you see? my father would never let me take you as my first wife" he stated sadly. "This is the best we are going to get" Kyungsoo stood up embracing the now crying Hyuna.

 

 

Hyuna straightened herself and turned her sad eyes to Kyungsoo. "I understand" she replied quietly. "Promise me one thing, Kyungsoo." Hyuna looked straight at Kyungsoo with determination in her eyes.

 

 

"Yes, yes anything for you, my Hyuna, what is it?" Kyungsoo asked ready to obey her promise without a second thought. he hated to see her this way. 

 

 

"You will never fall in love with that other woman" Hyuna spat with disgust. "In you eyes I shall be your only wife" Hyuna stated anger seeping through her at the thought of another woman with her prince.

 

 

"Of course, my love" Kyungsoo sighed with content. Her promise was an easy one to keep. After all, Hyuna was his only true love. Gently, Kyungsoo took her in his arms again, embracing her one last time before he needed to go.

 

 

"I love you and only you, Hyuna"

 

"I love you too" 

 

---------------------------

 

 

"Prince, it's a letter from your father" One of the eunuchs said giving the letter to Kyungsoo who was at his desk.

 

"Ah, thank you" Kyungsoo said taking the letter to read it.

 

Dear Kyungsoo,

We have agreed that you will be married to Count Jin's daughter in 1 month time. But leading to an unfortunate circumstance, I will be sending her to you more earlier than expected in fear that she could in danger. She is expected to live with you for the time being. I have promised Count Jin that she would be safe. I'm counting on you Kyungsoo. 

Ps. She should be arriving at your estate soon. I have sent word to the eunuchs to prepare for her arrival.

 

Kyungsoo heart panicked at reading the last part. She should be here very soon? but ..but he didn't even know her name how was he suppose to live with her so abruptly?

 

"Is Prince Kyungsoo pouting?" asked a voice in amusement.

 

 

"This is not the time, Jongdae" Kyungsoo merely stated at his friend. Jongdae was a new soldier who had been stationed at Kyungsoo's estate for 2 months time now. Being the same age and because Jongdae never seemed to run out of things to say, they became quick friends.

 

"Actually, it really isn't the time. There's a guest, Kyungsoo" Jongdae informed good-naturedly with that kitten smile of his.

 

 

"Pfft, who?" Kyungsoo said not wanting to deal with guest at this moment.

 

 

"Well, she seems to be someone of importance-"

 

 

Kyungsoo eyed Jongdae with surprise. "She?" 

 

 

"Well, yes I believe that's how we call woman" Jongdae chuckled. But before he could say anymore Kyungsoo was already out of his sight and out the room.

_______________

 

Kyunsoo roamed his estate to find where the guest was at. He continued searching until he heard voices coming from a room. cautiously, he peeked through the room but was caught the second he looked.

 

 

"There you are, Prince, I sent Jongdae for you but it appears you found your own way" Enugh Sung said, looking at Kyungsoo.

 

 

Kyungsoo completely ignored his words and stared at the third person in this room, "Who are you?" He asked coming forward, finding himself starring at a noble girl easily around his age. Her looks were the complete opposite of Hyuna. To Hyuna's big, beautiful eyes the girl had small eyes. To Hyuna's squishable cheeks the girl had high cheeks bones. Although she was the complete opposite of his ideal Hyuna, he guessed she was pretty atleast to other men he concluded but not to him.

 

 

But the girl didn't answer. She chose to bow respectfully at the sight of one of the princes of Goryeo.

 

 

"Ah, lift your head and answer me!" Kyungsoo found himself demanding. Couuld this be her? his WIFE? 

 

 

"Well, I believe I should be leaving. I have already showed Lady Chaeyeong the estate including her room so, I better be going,..." Eunuch Song nervously said, wanting to be anywhere but there, quietly he exited the room leaving the two strangers.

 

 

Kyungsoo glanced at her. To his surprise, the girl starred blankly at him still not uttering a single word.

 

"Are you Count Jin's daughter?"

 

 

"Yes, I am Count Jin's daughter. Please do stop yelling. It's quite annoying" Chaeyeong said curtly. She came here calmly so she expected a calm arrival not a yodeling prince with no manners.

 

 

"You dare speak to a prince that way!" Kyungsoo said angrily 

 

 

"Tsk, well it appears that you are as childish as everyone says you are. You know, your're going to ba a disappointing husband" Chaeyeong said, laughing lightly at the sight of an angry Kyungsoo. 

 

 

Kyungsoo scoffed with amazement. He felt so gullible thinking that his first wife would atleast be quiet and submissive. "Don't think for a second that I'm your husband. Outside the castle walls and to everyone else I am your husband but to me you are not my wife and I am not your husband. I won't love you." he eyes her wearily. He attempted a glare which was met with Chaeyeong's eye smile as she laughed.

 

 

"Ah, calm down the king has already informed me of your strange marriage wishes. Our marriage is nothing more but an.....unfortunate circumstance" Chaeyeong said worded it so it was seen that this marriage also displeased her.

 

 

" Well, I'm glad we see eye to eye now" Kyungsoo said. He paced back and forth thinking of something else he needed to mention. He looked at Chaeyeong who was looking at him expectantly. "Look, just....don't expect much from me okay? My men can keep you safe and I hope we can live with peace" Kyungsoo sighed. He wasn't very good at being angry unlike his father and being angry actually tired him out.

 

 

"Chaeyeong" she simply said.

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

"My name, it's Chaeyeong. And you can address me as Chaeyeong." she looked at her to-be-husband with calmness. 

 

 

"Well, Chaeyeong, I'm Prince Kyungsoo."