Chapter 2

=One Thousand Stars= (one-shot) - GuiWang

 

I’m Happy to See You Together

Wang Zi lay on his bed silently. He felt so frustrated. He wanted to apologize, but he knew she will never forgive him.

Then the stars that he made were caught by his eyes.

“I hope…there’s really magic…” he whispered.

Since that day, he continued making the stars, hoped he could make one thousand stars as fast as he could. He forgot eat, he forgot take a rest. He just remembered his idea, his hope that Gui Gui will forgive him.

“Wang Zi…you look so pale? Wanna take a rest a few moments?” his manager said to him.

He just shook his head, but he felt dizzy. He grabbed the table for his support, before he fainted to the floor.

When he awaked, he felt something wet on his forehead. He raised his hand to his forehead and felt the wet towel. He took it and stared in confused.

“Gui Gui came here. She is the one who take care of you when you’re fainted,” suddenly his manager came from the outside.

Wang Zi immediately sat up and asked, “Where’s she now?”

“She just left…”

Before his manager finished, he rushed out to chase Gui Gui. When saw her figure was walking slowly on the street, he quickened his steps.

“Wait,” he grabbed her hand and spun her around.

“Wang Zi…what are you doing here? You’re sick…” Gui Gui asked worriedly.

Wang Zi just shook his head. “I’m okay…I’m just…”

“Sorry…” she interrupted him. “I’m sorry…I mustn’t get angry to you…” she shook her head.

“No…you’re right…that’s my entire fault…” Wang Zi said.

“No…” she said again. “You’re not false…”

“So…you forgive me?” Wang Zi asked hopefully.

“There’s no thing to apology…” Gui Gui smiled as he smiled back.

He stood there, watched them. He didn’t leave until they walked away, disappeared from his sight.

===============================================================

Wang Zi looked at his nine hundred ninety nine stars. He couldn’t believe he could make it. He took his last star-paper happily.

“What’s my hope?” he asked himself.

Then he remembered Gui Gui’s sad face. He made his decision.
He wrote his hope surely on the star-paper.

I hope Gui Gui can be with her true love forever

He smiled to himself before folded into a star. His one thousandth star.
===============================================================

Wang Zi sat on the chair impatiently. He called Gui Gui already to come to the café. He wanted Gui Gui became the one who took his hope star.

Time passed but she hadn’t show up. Where was she? He wondered.

Until the café was empty, she still didn’t show up. Without news, without call, she impossible didn’t come.

He looked out through the window, through the rain that started to pour. Where was she?

Suddenly Gui Gui rushed entering the café with all of her body was wet. He ran to Wang Zi’s hug, made him surprised.

“Gui Gui?”

“He’s dead…he’s dead…” she cried.

“What?” he asked her confusedly.

“He’s dead…Aaron is dead…he has cancer and he hid it to me for these three months…he intentionally broke me up because he knew he was at death-agony…stupid Aaron…he left me without words…I even never say I love you to him…I can’t say it...” she cried harder on his arms as he just could patted her back, tried to comfort her.

===============================================================

Wang Zi sat on his bed with his back leaned against the wall. He dandled the bottle which was filled with one thousand stars. He let out a bitter laugh.

“Hope she can be with her true love? Before I take out my hope, her true love is dead already…”

He stared at that stars for a few moments, before sighed and then opened the bottle. He took out one star of its.

He opened it became a paper back as he saw a writing on it. He read it unbelievingly.

Take care of her for me

He poured all of the stars out of the bottle then opened it one by one. But he couldn’t find it, the stars whose he had written his hope on it.

He gasped then rushed out of his room with the stars with the writing on it in his hand. He made his way to Gui Gui’s house. He ran as fast as he could. But that wasn’t his lucky day. When he reached on the crossroad, there was a traffic jam. Someone got an accident; she was hit by a car.

He tried to walk through the sea of people. But he stopped immediately when he saw the body was lying on the road lifelessly. That was her…that was Gui Gui…she tired to kill herself…

===============================================================

He sat beside the hospital-bed, staring at her in pain. She was in coma now. He just could stare at her without could do anything.

He gripped her hand tightly.

“Don’t leave me…please…don’t leave me…”

He buried his face on their linked-hands as tears were out from his eyes. This was the first time after a long time, he cried for someone…

He was in that position for a long time, until he felt movement from her. He looked up quickly as he saw her big innocent-eyes were staring at him.

“Gui Gui…you wake up…” he said.

“Wang Zi,” she called him weakly. “Do you believe that when I came to the heaven, I met Aaron?”

He just nodded.

“Wang Zi…he drove me away…I begged him and said I want to stay, but he said that’s not my place…” she whispered. “When I walked nowhere, I heard your voice. I looked for you but I can’t find you until finally I wake up. Do you believe it, Wang Zi?”

He nodded.

“Gui…do you believe on me?’ he took out the star-paper then gave it to her.

Take care of her for me

“I took one of my thousand stars, and I found it. That’s not what I’ve wrote…I wrote ‘I hope Gui Gui can be with her true love’ but…”

She interrupted him. “You hope for me?”

He became nervous. “That’s…don’t talk about it! That’s not important…I…that’s…when I found it, I felt confused so I opened all of that stars, but I couldn’t find my hope-star…I think…it was him…do you believe it, Gui?” he whispered.

“I believe…” she whispered back.

She closed her eyes as her face became more peace then before.

“Even Aaron knows who my true love is…” she said as smile was drawn on her face.

Wang Zi just stared at her confusedly.

===============================================================

One year later…

Gui Gui kneeling on the ground beside Aaron’s grave as she put a bucket of flowers on it. She glanced to Wang Zi who was kneeling beside her silently, before turned to Aaron’s grave again.

“Aaron…I miss you a lot…do you miss me?” she said. “Are you happy there? I hope you’re happy…”

She silenced for a moment, stared at his grave sadly. Then she turned to Wang Zi.

“Let’s go…”

They stood up together and walked slowly. The wind blew softly, caressed their face to their ears, as like it whispered.

“I’m happy to see you together…”

Wang Zi turned to Gui Gui as she did.

“Do you hear that?” he asked as she nodded.

“I think…Aaron misunderstands us…”

“Yes…” Wang Zi agreed, as Gui Gui felt disappointed.

“No…” suddenly Wang Zi said.

“What?”

“He doesn’t misunderstand us…” Wang Zi said seriously.

“You mean…”

“Yes…” Wang Zi looked at the other direction, didn’t dare to face her.

He took her hand and gripped it tightly. She bent her head down as she smiled shyly. They continued walking, hand in hand, ready to step their future together.

He stood there, watched them from afar. His lips curled into a smile as he saw them together.

I’m happy to see you together…

(One Thousand Stars: The end)

===============================================================================

End!!!
Finally...one of my story is end...
Thanks for my friend, Liany...
She is the one who told me about the story of one thousand of stars...

I always want to make a story with one of the character is dead...
But I don't have heart to make it, because I can't stand the one who was left became sad...
Happy I can make it now..
At least Gui Gui was happy with Wang Zi...

And thanks for the comment...
Love it a lot!
PS: I won't move on! I'm still GuiLun fans!