Bae Ba-Ba Baby

Twice the Fun. Twice the Yeon. Two Yeon.

Bae Ba-Ba Baby

 

 

“Jeongyeon!!”

Nayeon shouts into the darkness as she wearily reaches for the fallen blanket on the floor. The night is still young, children have yet to start their evening filled with candies, costumes and scary stories and adults still have time to prep for the night, but an actress who has worked for 40 hours straight even during the holidays thinks otherwise.

“Jeongyeon, please!” She shouts once again as she desperately holds a pillow over her ears to muffle the ear splitting cry. “Jeongyeon!” She groans and throws the pillow aside since keeping it is pointless with the sound resounding in the entire house, a pillow will surely not save her from it. She sighs as she stands up to walk out of the master bedroom, the sound becoming even more deafening with every step she takes. The door opens before she could even reach for the knob.

“Shhh shhh shhh..” Jeongyeon coos as she walks backwards into the room, she turns her head towards Nayeon. “Mommy’s here. Mommy’s here.” She quietly says as she slowly raises her arms to Nayeon, carrying a crying baby girl.

Nayeon’s eyes widened as she now holds the baby in her hands, her lips forming an inaudible “What?”

“A lot of children are at our door asking for candies. I can’t look after Tzuyu right now.” Jeongyeon says, avoiding her wife’s eyes.

“B-b-but I need to sleep!” Nayeon whines under her breath. “Jeongyeon!”

“Just give me one hou-.” She leaves before finishing her sentence.

Nayeon heaves a sigh, looking at the spot where her wife was just a second ago. She flicks the light on, walks towards the bed with her baby still wailing in her arms. “Shh shh what is it, Tzuyu?” She coos. “Are you hungry? Did your mom let you cry like this all day? Shhshh.” She rocks her arms back and forth. “It’s okay baby, the better mom is right here.” She hums her a tune and the baby stops crying and slowly smiles. “Hmmm are you awake now?” She smiles, as her baby smiles back at her. “Who’s suddenly in a good mood? Hmmm? Are you in a good mood?” She coos. “Aren’t you as moody as your mom? You are, aren’t you? Aigoo you take after  mommy Jeongyeon, don’t you? One minute you’re cranky, the next you’re cooking for me.”

“Who’s cooking for you?” Nayeon raises her head as Jeongyeon crawls into bed, still in a red and black cape, detachable fangs and the pout ever present on her face.

“Are you done?” Nayeon asks, voice a little deeper.

“Not yet.” She mumbles, with her eyes glued on Tzuyu.

“How many more minutes?”

“An hour or so.” She smiles at her baby who is now slowly falling asleep.

Nayeon groans. “Are you gonna keep on making me look after her every night? You know I need some rest.”

“Shhh. You’re gonna wake her up.”

“Jeongyeon, I’m tired. My arms are shaking, look.” 

Jeongyeon fixes their baby’s blanket. “It’s because you don’t carry her too often. You need more practice.” She says, still not looking her in the eyes, and then the door rings. “Oh, someone’s ringing the doorbell, gotta g-”

Nayeon grabs her cape by the hem before she even had  the chance to get off the bed. “Jeongyeon, I’m really tired.” Nayeon wearily mumbles. “I haven’t had a good rest for 2 days.”

Jeongyeon huffed. “Do you think taking care of Tzuyu is a walk in the park?” Jeongyeon retorts a little louder than what she intended. “I haven’t had a good night’s sleep for weeks since you started filming. I wake up early, I feed her, I barely have enough sleep at night. I change h-”

“I take care of her every night!”

“Oh.” Jeongyeon shakes her head slowly, finally fixing her eyes at Nayeon. “You don’t, though.”

“I do!”

“You don’t Nayeon. You never do. I take care of her, I feed her 24 hours a day while you sleep.”

“Uh huh? And whose milk do you feed her? I carried her for nine months while you go around the world, dancing or singing or whatever it is that you do, so don’t go saying that I don’t care for her as much as you do!”

“Oh come on! You only carried her for nine months and you wanted it.” She says, pointing a finger at the other. “You said you had to be the one to carry the baby, to give birth to our only child! Blah blah blah.” Voice, becoming louder with every word.

Nayeon scoffed. “So what’s your point? That you should’ve carried her?”

“No..My point is stop complaining!”

Nayeon hangs open, failing to notice how Tzuyu stirs from her sleep. “Complain? You’re talking about me complaining when you have only spent 3 months with her and you’re already acting like this?”

This? What do you mean by this?”

Nayeon groaned. “Jeongyeon, I need to sleep!”

“You’re not the only one who needs to.” Jeongyeon mumbles as she turns to walk away but stops her tracks halfway to the door. She sighs and throws herself to the bed. “I’m really tired!!!” She shouts as she ruffles her hair and turns to look at Nayeon. “Unnie,” She scrunches her face and pouts. “I’m really tired.”

Nayeon takes a few seconds to react to her wife’s sudden change of mood but she nevertheless laughs. “Why are you laughing?” Jeongyeon whines as Nayeon ruffles her hair.

“It’s just-- you’re just-….too cute.” She flashes her her bunny teeth, scrunched nose and her eyes disappearing.

Jeongyeon groaned as she buries her face on the covers.

“..sometimes.” Nayeon adds.

Jeongyeon groaned in disgust. “Stop.” Her voice muffled.

“My life is doomed if Tzuyu will be this moody.”

“Really?” Jeongyeon raises her head. “Are you saying that your life is doomed because you’re with me?”

Nayeon huffed. “Do you enjoy picking a fight with me this much?”

“I’m tired.” Jeongyeon buries her face once again. “You wanted a baby. It’s your fault.”

Nayeon laughs and hits Jeonyeon on her back. “I swear if you say that again in front of Tzuyu I will-“

“You’ll what?” Jeongyeon abruptly raises her head, with one of her eyes slightly open and the other tightly shut and lips puckered. Nayeon chuckles and then she slowly leans in for a kiss. A smile creeps on Jeongyeon’s face as Nayeon’s lips linger inches from hers then she says. “What do you say about making another baby?”

Nayeon throws her head, laughing as she hits the other.

“What’s so funny? We would be making a lot of babies if we could.”

“We can’t even handle one and you want more?”

“I’m not saying we’ll have more, I’m just saying let’s try.” She pulls Nayeon for another kiss. “There’s no harm in trying, right?”

Nayeon hums as she let herself be pulled in.

“Just put Tzuyu down somewhere so we can start.”

Nayeon hums her response and as soon as their lips meet, Tzuyu stirs and resumes her ear splitting, mood ruining cry.

“Oh, for pete’s sake!” Jeongyeon groans.