Her Mom

Gone with the Lust

 

 

It was a great day to start with him staring at my ing bloated face, but those stares were creepy. “How do you feel?” he asked while smiling at me. “Do you have plans? Let's go out.”

Are you really serious about not practicing?”

Uh, Hoseok is with his friends. Namjoon with his mom. Yoongi and Jimin stayed in inside their dorm as well as Seokjin hyung. About Taehyung, well he went to Seo district in Daegu. So to sum it all, it is a 'rest' day for us. We're working for a comeback but Bighit is making it sure not to overwork ourselves. Basically, it was yesterday that I needed to practice, but both of us spent time together without them knowing, so I might be punished.” he scratched his head while laughing, but after that, he humped in the bed while sitting. “Let's go out!”

You shouldn't skip practices, you know.”

All of teenagers skip classes.” Hayoon didn't.

Uh, yes, I might skipped class-- but. This is your career.”

As if college wasn't a 'career'. Chaewon, you don't really need to worry because after this, we will be working hard and like, stay up late til midnight for practices. It's the cycle of working as an idol. With schedule, you need to practice at least six hours a day and sleep for like five to six hours or even with only the span of two hours. It depends on the schedule, you probably know. But if there's no schedule to start with, we will be practicing for eight to ten, or to twelve hours, depending of course on you if you want to extend. Some trainees in the building, they keep on practicing till dawn, which we sometimes do. Anyways, that's it. Today is a rest day, tomorrow is 'not-that-hectic' day, and probably we're going to start our lessons next week. Both dance, and vocal.” he raised and brought down his eyebrows simultaneously as if he's trying to attract me. I found it devilish. He was waiting for me to answer. No one could resist his smiles, even more if he's pleasing you for something. But today, I might pass. “I have plans. Today.”

Seriously!?” he went pale.

Yes, I would be meeting my mom today for real.”

Then I should meet your mom.”

Are you ill? You don't know how scary she is!” No she wasn't, really. “You will be peeing in your pants then.”

For pete's sake Chaewon, I've met a lot of people at their age, rude or not. I once ask by an ARMY's mom to stop attracting her child because she was-- of course. She fell in love with a handsome guy in front of you so you should be lucky.” I couldn't handle the sudden shift of topic from my mom, to me being lucky to have him. He's unbelievable, but anyway,

Are you kidding?? A mom asked you, like personally?”

Yes. That's why I don't care if your mom yells at me for being around, because it's what parents react. If I introduce myself as your boyfriend in front of her, she would be surprised and she might not like me at first, but that's the challenge. So, I should come and meet your mom.”

Should I let him? I want to introduce him as well to her, formally. Mom and Dad are okay with me going out with guys. They were even forcing me to date, because I don't have any experience in dating or such- this is probably the 'Korean' thing. Some, or most of girls tend to find desperately for love. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, – but I just couldn't relate myself to them. I didn't find love as necessity before.
“After meeting your mom, we can hang out as well!”

To where then?”


 

Bowling!” His eyes shone.


 

Go with Yugyeom. I don't like bowling, really.”


 

Oh,


 


 

Yeah right! I really hate bowling as well.”

Huh? Last month you tweeted you're getting addicted to it?”

Really? Did I say? I don't think I like bowling that much?” I didn't reply back. Of course he hated it now, because I didn't like it. I don't like sports. I'm not a sporty type of person just like him and maybe this is our difference. “How about arcade?” he asked.

Arcade? Well it's not that I don't like it, nor I like it. I'm in the middle. I used to play some video games and arcades long time ago, but I got too addicted playing that I noticed my grades went low quite a bit, so I forced myself to stop. It's like forcing to halt your happiness, but it's worth it, I guess. “Well then, call! It's been a long time since I played Tekken, so- I'm in.”

Tekken is not the only game in arcade, Chaewon. We should try something new.” Tekken is where I'm only good at, though...


 

But maybe he was just making excuses for me not to play with him on that game because he doesn't know how to?

Are you just scared of me slaying you on that game, because to be honest I defeated everyone in our class in grade school using my secret character.” I smirked, but he replied with a smuggish smile as well. That was when I knew I ed up.

You're really testing me, Nam Chaewon.”


 

I almost forgot Jungkook is a hardcore gamer, what the are you saying Chaewon, you only won on battles with Hayoon and Woojin the . “Let's bet, every win I get, is equal to a kiss.” He really like to take bets.

Call, just when people is not around-”

No. Public kiss.” he corrected.

No.” I objected.

So you're admitting that I win? Oh, what to expect from a girl like you.” He was taunting me. My nerves were heating up. My cheeks obviously flushing red as I rolled my eyes.

No???? I'm not losing.” I pointed out.

Then, let's see what you've got. I'll probably use Hwoarang.”

I'll use Nina.” Our stares began to spark not because of love, but because of the challenge. He smiled thinking about the combo to use, but me, well, I forgot everything. I'll just click the darn buttons randomly. Maybe I'll win just by that.


 


 


 


 

Hours passed and we prepared ourselves. It wasn't a modeling show or a photo shoot to begin with, but Jungkook was really worrying on how could he impress my mom through his fashion. I know he was anxious, because his body language were showing every pump of adrenaline his kidney were excreting. How cute this guy can be. "Am I wearing a lot of black?" He asked. "Should I wear any other colors?"

 

"To be honest, brown looks good on you. Black is fine, but for me, brown is cunning."

"Why?"

 

"You look cool with black, you look hot with red, you look soft with blue, you look bulky with white, you look cute with green, and you look classy with brown. I saw you on a magazine where you were in a coffee shop scenery where the mood seems to be vintage. Everything is classy. Including you. So— well I'm not forcing you to change though." He walked out of my room without finishing my speech and suggestions. I'm not a fashion enthusiast, but after being surrounded by these dazzling boys, I guess you wouldn't like to look like something way— inappropriate. To be honest, mom isn't that type of person who values fashion. Yes, she might be gorgeous if she went out, but she doesn't really care. I think, she value loyalty more than physique.

 

 

There were times when mom and dad almost broke up. This was the time when my grandmother handled me. My grandmother kept on telling me that my mom and dad were working for me in Korea, but I never believed her for that excuse. I know our parents and guardians lie only for our own good and safety. But I wasn't a child anymore that time. Back then I was a high school student when they tried to cover up my mom and dad's problems. Of course those matters aren't new to me because most of teens encountered their parents fighting. I didn't know what to feel after reading my mom's message to my uncle, that she was planning to file a divorce. I didn't know them that much to feel some pinching sensation in my heart.

But today, that divorce matter came to a resolution. I don't know how it happened, but I'm a hundred percent sure, it came out good. I mean, the fights came to an end.

 

 

 

Jungkook and I usually travel using BTS cars. Bighit, as far as I know, only had one to two cars for travel, but after BTS sprung up to the top, they provided the managers another two vans.

Both of it are for luxurious events like concerts and music awards, while the other two are just for casual driving. Well, I couldn't guarantee that the both cars for hanging out don't look good, but those two still look damn fine for average.

 

Today, we didn't use those four cars to drive to Incheon where my mom's office resides. We took the taxi, even though Jungkook insisted that we should take the train instead, but I objected. As an idol, he needs to avoid crowds as much as possible especially in public places. We can't be sure to what will happen if he suddenly shows up out of nowhere. Not all ARMYs are disciplined. There would be one or two who can grab him for selca or hug, and as a manager, I'm not tolerating those.

 

The taxi went running for approximately forty five minutes until it stopped in front of a faint bluish white tower that was fourteen story building high. On top of the building was our surname built with silver metal. I know that they hold a business hotel type of company, but I have no idea that they are this rich. Might be because my grandmother didn't spoil me and didn't let me experience the feeling of having everything. She let me realize that I can buy the things I want in life if I work hard.

I read my mom's text message if the address she gave was right because, I was still taken aback by thinking that both of my parents own this hotel. Many people were going in and out of the building. I guess this is popular among tourists.

The weather wasn't good, for the skies were dull. I guess it was going to snow few minutes from now. The cold atmosphere made me shiver badly, and as I take a glance at him while standing still, I became nervous. His skin was as gray as the clouds above. "What's wrong?? You look pale!" I asked in terror. I held his face and it was freaking cold!

 

"Well. I didn't expect— to be honest, I'm quite taken aback now." He whispered. "But we're already here.” So it turned out to be he was just nervous.

 

 


 


 

 

We entered the building amused by the furniture inside. The security guard welcomed us puzzled at first, but in just a second, he smiled at us. The silver chandeliers were dangling up the ceiling as if those were vines inside a cave. It gave the classy factor inside for the chandeliers complemented the white, and bluish theme of the hotel. I only see three painted colors here. If it isn't white or blue, it is silver or black. I'm quite surprised it wasn't painted gold, or yellow, like those cliché hotels I saw. I know gold symbolizes for luxury, but the way the architect designed everything here made it went on top of those. Everything was pleasing to the eye. Everything was breathtaking.

"Good afternoon ma'am? Can I ask to where are you heading to?" A girl wearing a uniform approached us. She was wearing this black formal attire with her white pencil skirt. Her tie stood up the most because it was a blue color with a shining silver pearl at the center.

Smiling, I let my eyes travel for a while, until it was stuck in a huge fountain at the center of the ground floor. Jungkook elbowed me to reply back, and I snapped out of awe.

"Ah." I withdrew Bighit's identification card and handled it to her. "Can I ask where is my mom's office?" She was taken aghast to see me in front after reading my Identification card. I somewhat felt special, because I never felt like popular before, publicly. I just want to laugh this off.

As for Mrs. Nam's office, please head straightly on ninth floor.” As for? It means there are a lot offices here? “Then go west, and walk straight to the last room. There is a tag beside the door to whom office it was. You might as well check it for you not to be lost. Should I call a security or assistance to accompany you and Mr. Jeon upstairs?" Mr. Jeon?! How the hell she knows his name?
"Um we're okay. Excuse me, how did you know his name?" I tried to sound polite, but it turned out sarcastic.

"Goodness Chaewon, of course I'm famous." He exclaimed.

"Clench your teeth." I commanded and he did what I said right away.

"Oh, my sister is a big BTS fan. She's been introducing your group to me. So I guess I already know everyone through faces and names." She chuckled. "Anyway, if you need help, please don't be shy to ask the front desk on ninth floor."
"We will. Thank you." Jungkook smiled.


 

Heading straight to the elevator, we got ourselves up. In a few minutes, it opened, and as after we stormed out of it, I became puzzled.

After going out the elevator, you would be seeing a wall with a painting. On top of it was a sign to be read as: “Please head this way.” And the arrow was telling us to head west, and as we turned left, a view made me confused and weak. I almost fell on my knees and Jungkook noticed that I need assistance because of shock.

This floor doesn't look like it was made for hotel rooms. Usually, hotel hallways are filled with hotel rooms from both side. Like if you glance left, you would see either a wall or a door, if you turn your head right, you would see the same thing as well. It's like you've been enclosed in a maze, but here, it wasn't.

We slowly move our feet to head straight and after we got ourselves to choose which path to take, we walked to the left side just like the woman said. The Western hallway was wide, and I noticed that there were no people strolling around here. I don't know if this was off limits or not, but I'm sure this is the ninth floor. “If you're nervous, don't take a peak. Just stare at your left side.” Jungkook whispered.

I'm not afraid of heights.”


 

If the left side of this wide hallway showed different room numbers and doors, don't expect the right side would be the same. Built satisfying, the right side of the hallway was a wall extending from both sides. But it wasn't a wall made of cement. It was thick clear glass starting from the floor, up to the ceiling. It wasn't just a normal glass. It looked different from those buildings I went. It was so clear that you would think a glass wasn't existing. The view was spectacular. You could see the different heights of the buildings and the black ribbons of roads heading to anywhere. People looked small from here. “Must be bulletproofed.” he guessed.

Of course. It should be.” I declared as we both chuckled. “Let's get going.”


 


 


 

Heading straight, we walked til we saw the room with my mom's name beside the door. I took a deep breath and knocked. I heard someone told us to come in, but it wasn't my mom's voice so it must be her assistant. Jungkook and I went inside to see a typical office. Table at the center, two chairs in front of it, and of course, the owner of the office would be sitting on that comfy office chair. The place was inspired by minimalist designs for the furnitures were somehow revolved only in plain squares and circle arts.

Chaewon!” I saw my mom stood up and hurriedly ran to me. Looking fine as always. She was wearing her white long sleeved blazer with black dress shirt underneath, and a black leather skinny pants that matches her cream white stiletto heels. She hugged me tight to the point that I barely breathe.

Jungkook was shocked to see my mother's beauty. Indeed, my grandmother told me that my mom looked like a fairy or some sort of magical being.
“Mom, this is.. Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook, this is my mom.” Jungkook bowed at her formally, but he was surprised that mom bowed to him formally as well.

You're handsome, I think I saw you somewhere.” She shifted her eyes side to side, tried to guess where did she saw him.

Mom, he's a member of a group called BTS, so of course.”

BTS? Ah, right! The boy group. Are you working with them?” Mom asked.

Yes, as their manager.”

She flinched from shock. I took a computer related course in college, so she didn't expect me to get a job a bit far from what I took. It somehow drew a disappointment look on her, but it's what I want, and besides she wouldn't care, as long as I'm living well. “Oh, hm, but are you enjoying your job?”

Yes.” It was awkward. I haven't heard her voice for a long time, and furthermore, we were not that close. I was surprised when she hugged me, it's been years since I felt myself wrapped around her arms, smelling her scent. Nostalgia hit me hard.


 

Mom told us to sit for a while as her assistant brew us coffee. The smell lingered around the room. “Anything you need, Chaewon-ah? Why did you ask my office's address to pay for a visit? It's unusual for you to meet me.” In all honesty, I don't have any reasons why I went here. Maybe one of it was to introduce Jungkook, but, I just want to pay a visit. I want to see her face, because she's my mom, and I'm longing to see her after months.

Ah, I was just going to ask if you are okay, and, like.” I can't say it. But I will. “Let's have some time together. With dad.”


 

I waited for her to answer but she just stared down at the papers in front. Swiftly, she swiped it away from her table to pretend that it was nothing, and she wasn't busy.

It was obvious that she didn't have any time to spare. So I just kept quiet instead.


 

I exerted a lot of effort to come here, just to say that; just a little time, an hour or two would be fine, and yet they couldn't give it to me. I don't know what should I feel. I feel like I really don't have parents.

It's alright! Just.. Maybe next time.” Next time.

I tried to be merry saying those, just hiding these feelings. Sometimes pretending to be okay is the best thing to do to avoid any further complications.


 

I'm sorry, dear...”

I heard Jungkook sighed a little and stared at the ground as if he was hurt as well. “By the way, Chaewon-ah. Woojin is here. Did both of you meet already?”

We haven't.” I whispered weakly, disappointed.


 


 

Why? I thought both of you are already hanging out? By the way,


 


 

your dad and I are planning the engagement contract once you reached your twenties. It would be the best to meet and hang out with Woojin, darling.”


 

ENGAGEMENT CONTRACT?!


 

We already have the plans here!” She withdrew a pile of papers underneath the table. “It's settled. This is our gift for both of you, so I hope both of you start to date-”

She's smiling.

MOM!” I screamed in shock. Jungkook widened his eyes and winced right after as I stood up. The assistant stopped from bringing the coffee on the table, and withdrew back. “What contract are you talking about?”

What? Engagement contract? His parents suggested that maybe you and Woojin should be married for good. It's possible, isn't it? You don't have a boyfriend, and he's waiting for you as well. Moreover, both of you already know each other, and it would be the best for the company.

The best for the company she said. Are they really considering what I feel or this is just a merely pure, business?
“Woojin agreed with the contract and signed it. As well as his parents. Both of us agreed as well. He's waiting for your reply, I think he's going to propose soon.” It's like they're selling me to a guy I don't even like.

He isn't waiting for me.” This can't be. “Just what are you thinking, Mom?! This is absurd!”

We already discussed it.”

Without me?!” I raised my tone for the first time. I expected her to slap me but I received nothing but her calm voice.

What are you mad of? Aren't both of you are good in terms? I'm just suggesting that both of you should date.”

That is not a suggestion because you already signed the contract. It's like you're selling me to be Woojin's future- wife?! This ain't some sort of Korean drama or some type of webtoon, mom, this is reality!”

Selling, you say? Woojin's company pulled us from bankruptcy! They're just asking a simple thing!”

Simple thing that will change my life forever.”

Both of you are in good terms, both of you are still friends and do know each other. I don't get it why you're being like this?”

We are friends, yes, but not to the extent that I'm going to marry him. This plan is absurd, I can't believe you were planning these without me. Furthermore, it's not your decision who am I going to love-” I felt someone's hand held mine. The warmth reached through my bones, and those hands and warmth were from Jungkook.

I paused for a moment and grasped his hands tightly.


 


 

I'm sorry mom. Call me rebel, but I will never be going to sign that engagement contract, or whatever paper is it.”


 


 


 


 


 

Woojin likes you as well.”


 

But I can't force myself to like him back. As a man.”

You should think about-”


 

I WILL NEVER. MOM! For goodness sake, this should be my decision. This is my own hormones, not yours!”

How dare you to raise your tone? You're embarrassing me in front of him!” She already yelled. Jungkook was bowing down, still. Should I be the one who needs to be embarrassed? “IT IS WOOJIN YOU'RE MARRYING FOR.”

I won't.”

I need a valid reason.”


 

Chaewon.” Jungkook whispered, in my surprise. My heart shattered. His voice was weak, dissatisfied, and if he continued speaking, his voice might break. “Chaewon, is dating a guy.”


 

I sighed in relief, I was waiting for him to save me.

Her eyes widened in shock. Her eyebrows furrowed afterward. She didn't expect he would be uttering a confession. She was obviously puzzled by that. “Dating who?” Mom was taunting. I couldn't read her mind but I know she was provoked by this idea, but as she glared at me, Jungkook blazed his eyes as well. This was the first time I saw him serious. It was ing scary. The atmosphere became so intense, but as I saw Jungkook crooked his smiles, I already knew my mom was over.

Sorry if I introduced myself late, Mrs. Nam.


 

My name is Jeon Jungkook. Your daughter's


 


 

boyfriend.


 

I saw the assistant gasped as she moved both of her palms in , silencing herself off. She ran inside a room.

Chaewon and I have been dating for months, and this is also the reason why both of us went here. I'm sorry this is so sudden, but-”
I saw my mom smirked.


 

All she did was to smirk!? What the hell was this??

Kiss.” She commanded. “Chaewon. Kiss him, so I can be at peace.”

MOM?!”

I know you're the type of girl who hates skinship. To prove that both of you are dating, a kiss would tear this engagement to shreds.”

What about his parents? What about Woojin?” I asked.

Kiss. I said.” but she shut me off.


 

Jungkook knows I'm not the type of person who would kiss him in front of people. I disgusted skinship, but today would be the day I would end that. “Fine.” I faced in front of him. He didn't, but instead, he turned his head to me, and grinned.

You don't have to.” He whispered staring deeply at my eyes. “You don't have to kiss me.”

IT'S JUST A KISS CHAEWON.


 

I HAVE TO.


 


 

I grasped his nape, and pulled him closer. He wasn't flinching, he wasn't ready as well. Our nose touched, but suddenly I felt a burning scratch on my nape, down to my neck.


 


 

I'm afraid I should say this in front of you, but our kiss is our privacy, and I can't give you what you ordered just for your own satisfaction.” Jungkook uttered.

Jungkook.” I whispered and he smiled at me. He went near, and kissed my forehead; a sign for me to believe in him.

He raised his hand and something was dangling from it. “I believe this is enough?” It was the ring he gave me when we met at the coffee shop. I've been wearing it as a necklace after that, because it was too big for me. That's the burning pain I felt seconds ago. He snatched it.
Jungkook showed it to her, and after, he removed another ring from his hand. He also hauled his phone in his pocket and opened our KKT chat to show it to my mom. I was completely taken aback to him because of this. “If you want more proof, I can give you. Please don't take Chaewon away from me.”


 

My mom chuckled as she moved the evidence away from her. “What solid proof you got? I want to see it to believe that your relationship with my daughter is real.” She was challenging him.

I have three.”

Let me see it.”


 

Search articles on naver. You will see Bighit's statement about our relationship, and that it wasn't made up. Second, you can also search our dispatch's photos of dating online if you want proof.”

The last?” She looked tired from this conversation.


 

Hayoon.”


 


 

I forgot.


 

Hayoon, Woojin, and Chaewon are childhood friends aren't they?” I saw her eyes widened once more after Jungkook was clearing everything about our relationship. “I know you have her phone number. As far as I know, Hayoon called you back then to report that your daughter was doing fine, even if she wasn't. It is to let you know that you need to cut Chaewon's bills in the hotel, because she didn't need it anymore. So I'm a hundred percent sure you haven't deleted her number on your phone yet.” He outsmarted my mom. “If you want to, you can call her right away, to ask a confirmation about our relationship, because she was my fan, and Chaewon was her friend. Even if you don't have her phone number, there's no way you don't know her. Chaewon has her phone number still.” How did he know!? “- And we can call her for confirmation...”


 


 

In a sudden, I heard my mom laughed devilish. I stepped back because of it, and Jungkook gulped anxiously. It was scary. Like those antagonists you see on movies.

Both of you can leave.” She beamed her smile at us, fixing her hair. Leave? She wanted us to leave, after having a conversation like that? Is this how she run her business? If she knew she was losing, she would give it up? Or she already knew that Jungkook and I was dating? Even so-

What about the contract?” I voiced out. She crossed her legs and fidgeted her fingers with her silver metal pen.


 

Honey, it takes a huge effort and courage to stand up for yourselves. So I have no right to interfere.”


 


 


 


 


 

Mrs. Nam


 


 

Are you really sure about this, ma'am?” Her coffee tasted well, just I expected from my assistant. I was just disappointed Jungkook haven't tasted it, but well, we would meet again for sure. Maybe after a month? Who knows? “We'll be in danger. This company will be in danger.”


 

I don't really care about this company. I already got what I want from here. Chaewon graduated college, I can destroy this anytime I want. I would still hire you as my chef in my house anyway, you don't have to worry that much.

Brushing that aside, did you see her? She yelled at me for the first time!”

Isn't that supposed to be... bad? Your daughter was screaming at you.”

Not for me. I've been testing Chaewon to fight back. The society is cruel, and she's an adult. She can already differentiate from right to wrong.
Facing the reality is the hardest, girl. I've been canceling her offers for meet ups because I want her to experience what it felt like to be rejected. I'm so proud at her standing up on her own. At first, I thought she would stay disappointed after for the hundredth of time after I ignored her from having a dinner with us. She's been so kind, so soft, and just by thinking people would mock her and abuse her kindness are the things I would never tolerate. At least I taught her how to fight back and voice out what she feels.”

Isn't it Jungkook is the one responsible for her learning those? Not you?”


 


 

Jungkook? That guy taught her a lot in just months? Is he that powerful to strike an impact on her life?

Hm,


 

that makes sense, but in just a month, he changed my daughter's character a lot? That's good! I can't believe she's not that soft squishy fluffy bear who would cry once yelled.”

And I guess, adding her major fight with Hayoon drew a big impact on her life as well.”

Fights are normal, but I'm glad she learned something from it.”


 

So, now ma'am, what do you want me to do with the contract?”

Shred it.”

What? Already?”

I've invested a lot, and I think this company can stand alone without LEEs. They've been holding us on necks, suffocating us, looking down at us, well. Today is the day they would see us, either fall or rise. Either way, what ever happens, I would still be laughing at them on how foolish their tactics were. Now, Shred it. I do not care what the LEEs will do to my company after going against their plan on engaging their son to my daughter.” I handled the folder on my assistant and watched her go inside her room to shred it. I kept on laughing just by thinking their reactions.


 

My phone vibrated and printed a name on the screen. Hayoon dear was calling. It's been a while since we've talked. I placed my phone beside my ear and spoke.

Hayoon, anything new? Everything was going on plan. Thanks to you.” I giggled.

Finally, thank you, ma'am. But I'm afraid something might come up bigger than this, now that we're done with this plan. I've been feeling uneasy these days.”

Darling, maybe you're just worrying too much?”

I will still keep an eye off her.”

Thank you, I can't do these things without the help of you. Perhaps, let's just all expect the worst to come.”