SCURRY

EVANESCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There’s something in the house with them. Seungyoon can sense it.

 

He makes no mention of it to his husband who seemed to have adapted well to the house and grew to love it even more. Nothing out of the extraordinary had happened since that night but there’s just this feeling that never seems to leave him. Seungyoon feels unseen eyes watching his every move, its presence lingering in every room of the house he is in.

 

It made him feel reluctant to leave Jinwoo’s side or have him out of sight. Which is exactly why he's watching him do some gardening on their front yard from one of their living room windows while Taehyun is screaming at him from his phone that he was holding an arms length away.

 

“Seungyoon-hyung, if you don’t come to work by next week I’m going to call Jinwoo-hyung and talk to him!!”

 

“Look at you, threatening your poor hyung like this...”

 

“That’s not gonna work on me anymore!” Taehyun cut him off, indignant. “That new boy group debuting early next year has picked out one of your songs. You better get your here and do your work!”

 

Seungyoon smiles and waves at Jinwoo, he wanted to finish up with the call already and run back to his husband’s side.

 

“Can’t you write a song for them instead?”

 

There was a pause and then he heard Taehyun huff from his end, “I’m calling Jinwoo-hyung! I’m calling him right now!”




 

“You haven’t touched your guitar even once since we moved in. Did you think I wouldn’t notice?”

 

Seungyoon nervously rubs the hem of his shirt from under the kitchen table. He drops his gaze to his knees, at the gaping hole in his jeans, sensing Jinwoo’s eyes on him.

 

“Remember when I told you that I wanted to take a break from modeling for a while?”

 

The sound of the kettle whistling interrupted his husband. Seungyoon shifts quietly in his seat wondering where this conversation is going. He’d been watching Jinwoo’s face while he talked to Taehyun on the phone earlier and he didn’t seem angry at him or upset which left Seungyoon feeling perplexed because he had been certain the whole time that Jinwoo would be, to the point that he already readied himself for the scolding that he surmised would definitely follow.

 

“I think it’s about time I go back.”

 

There was a moment of silence, the cats entered the kitchen and padded towards their food bowl.

 

“Wait What did you just say?” Seungyoon asks after being quiet for so long. Finally looking up, his gaze lands on his husband’s back.

 

“I’m thinking about going back to work.”

 

Jinwoo shut off the stove and turned to face him. Behind him, the pot of soup he was cooking next to the kettle continued to simmer.

 

“There are a lot of new faces in the industry. I shouldn’t be sitting around like this calmly. I’m not getting any younger.”

 

“This all feels so sudden…” Seungyoon tells him slowly, absentmindedly picking at the hole in his jeans, “Our baby’s due date is approaching. I thought you said you wanted us to care for her first hand...”

 

“The entertainment industry isn’t kind. We both know it.” Jinwoo responds, cutting him off, “It’s better that I keep working while my face is still of value to them.”

 

Seungyoon goes quiet again, he notices Jinwoo start fiddling with his wedding band. The way he was acting and the things he was saying wasn’t making much sense. It didn’t seem like him at all. He knew his husband best, Jinwoo was neither vain or disparaging.

 

“Since I’m considering working again, why don’t you think about taking a little break from your work?”

 

Seungyoon blinks rapidly, wondering if he heard him right.

 

“I’m worried about you, Seungyoonie.” Jinwoo’s tone turned somber, “I know you haven’t been sleeping. I know that you stay up at night watching me.”

 

“We already talked about this, Jinwoo.” Seungyoon watches his husband’s fingers, still twisting his ring, “You don’t have to go back to work. I promised you that I’ll take care of everything. Let me keep it.”

 

“Promises are made to be broken.” Seungyoon’s mouth twitches at the corners, he couldn’t believe he just heard his husband say that, “I don’t care if you break this one, I only care about you.”

 

“Because you can’t trust me! That’s what this is about.” Seungyoon’s voice finally rises, angry. “I can tell when you look at me. You think something’s wrong with me...”

 

“Seungyoonie...”

 

“I know what I saw that night!” he argued, “It was there. Waiting.”

 

Jinwoo sighed then stayed silent.

 

“I woke up and you were gone. There were footsteps...” Jinwoo turned his head to look at him, “I knew it wasn’t you but I didn’t know where you were, all I knew was that I had to find you no matter what.”

 

“Baby, stop. Don’t say anymore...”

 

“When I finally saw you, it was standing there right behind you.” Seungyoon took a deep breath, “It was going to take you away from me. I couldn’t let that happen...”

 

“Stop. Please stop.” Jinwoo said, wrapping his arms around him. “There is nothing, no one, who can take me away from you.”

 

“I saw it that night.” Seungyoon says, feeling utterly defeated. “It tried to take you away from me, Jinwoo.”

 

“Whatever or whoever it was won’t be able to take me away from you!” Jinwoo’s expression softened, he softly pressed his lips against Seungyoon’s, “I won’t let it. I’ll always be...only yours.”




 

Seungyoon had gone back to work. Well, Jinwoo forced him back to work. It's been three days now, he could barely wait for the weekend to come so that he can stay home and stick to his husband again. Jinwoo decided to keep busy with getting the second bedroom ready for their newborn’s arrival, that and picking out a name. He already called Seungyoon exactly 11 times today just to run a few names by him and the day isn't even close to being over yet.

 

“Seungyoonie, how does ‘Yu-Hwa’ sound?” Seungyoon heard a crash in the background followed by a high-pitched meow just as his husband said it.

 

“We can use the hanja for Yu that means ‘soft and gentle’ then for Hwa we can go with the hanja for ‘blossoms’ or ‘harmony’. I think it will be really cute!” Jinwoo sounded out of breath, “Our baby’s name will literally translate to ‘soft and gentle blossoms’. Don’t you think it’s nice?”

 

“It’s really cute but I think I still like ‘Areum’ better. It sounds refined.”

 

Seungyoon felt a light tap on his shoulder, under his fingers Taehyun slides a music sheet with a name written on top of it.

 

“Taehyun is making a suggestion.” Seungyoon tells Jinwoo, there was another crash, it was followed by more meows than last time.

 

“Baby, what are you doing?” Seungyoon finally asked, “What’s going on?”

 

“I’m moving some things around the nursery.” Jinwoo exhales, “But our cats won’t let me!”

 

Seungyoon smiled, “Baby, you’re so adorable.” he lowered his voice and turned to his side, “You’re making me want to come home to you even faster.”

 

“That’s good. You’re a married man.” Jinwoo’s tone changed, something a little high-pitched, something cutesy. “You have such a sweet pretty husband waiting for you at home. What more can you possibly ask for?”  

 

“I swear to God, I’m going to end up killing both of you.” Taehyun scrunched his face. “You’re not newlyweds anymore...”

 

“Taehyun-ah is so jealous of us right now, baby.” Seungyoon tells Jinwoo who only laughs on his end.

 

“As if.” Taehyun made another face. “I’d rather die than say all that cheesy gross stuff you two tell each other.”

 

“Says the person who started crying during his toast on our wedding reception.” Seungyoon elbowed him lightly.

 

“It wasn’t just me!” Taehyun protested, “Mino-hyung and Seunghoon-hyung did too!”

 

“So, what name did Taehyunnie come up with for our baby?” Jinwoo’s voice comes through, a bit louder this time.

 

Seungyoon takes a peek at the music sheet Taehyun was nudging even more towards him now and reads it, “Alexandria”.

 

There was a long meow then another crash. Seungyoon heard Jinwoo huff, then he heard him trying to shoo away their cats.

 

“Seungyoonie, tell Taehyunnie to name his own daughter that in the future.”




 

The smell of fresh paint quickly faded, Seungyoon immediately takes notice of the light floral scent that made a grand return and seemed to hang around the house. The tree in their backyard is still in full bloom and as of late, its unique notched petals have surreptitiously managed to find their way inside the house.

 

“How long will you be gone?”

 

Seungyoon watches the white petal that was caught on his husband’s hair tumble down to his shoulder.

 

“Three days and two nights.” Seungyoon’s eyes remained on it, wondering where it would go next. “I won’t go if you don’t want me to.”

 

Jinwoo sat up straighter on his seat and the persistent petal remained where it was, “Idiot! Of course you have to go. Who knows when you’ll get this kind of offer again...”

 

“I don’t really care. I’d much rather stay here with you than go anywhere.”

 

Jinwoo sighed. Seungyoon watched the petal on his shoulder take another tumble, it still managed to hang on slipping only a couple centimeters down towards his husband’s arm.

 

“Seungyoonie, I’m going to be just fine here on my own.” Jinwoo reached for his hand, “We’ve b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter