Fireflies

Fireflies

Image result for makoto tachibana gif

 

Character / Person: Makoto Tachibana x Reader

Music listened to: Glaze Playlist by (Me)

 

You had been very stealthy at people watching; at least that was what you thought. Makoto had been your current target, and consistent for about a year. Something about you always wanted to express your feelings, but a bigger part of you wasn’t so sure. Remembering the day, he had welcomed you to the high school, and neighborhood; after all that was his job as the welcoming committee alongside Nagisa-kun.

Nagisa was the reason you had spent more time than your heart could bear with Makoto. Claiming, “Mako-Chan, if you welcome her sweetly, she might join the swim team and then we could grow even more!” meanwhile, you’re standing there confused about, what classes you were in and why. Nagisa continues to chime in, “she is very cute too, and I know you like cute people; she even kind of resembles Haru-chan.”

Waving your hand in frustration, you take a deep breath before asking, “Who is Haru?” and as soon as the ‘u’ left your mouth, a warm hand gripped your shoulder softly. “I’m Haru, and please don’t add the Chan at the end.” He shuddered at the thought, cracking a soft smile at you; your eyes sparkled seeing him. He was a lot taller than you and far more built and matured than any man you’d seen upon moving to Japan.

That was beside the point, you had no clue what you were doing and Haru and his smooth self-had stunned you. So, bad you didn’t even notice how close the pink eyed blonde, got to your face. Snapping out of your trance, you screeched, stepping back knocking your head on the wall behind you. Nagisa pouted and cupped where you hit your head, apologizing so much, it made you laugh. Seeing the guy of same height, press his forehead against your shoulder and rub your head, whining apologies into your backpacks straps.

“Nagisa-senpai, it is really okay.”

“Ahm, just call me Nagisa, first off and second noooo it is not okay.”

“Nagisa, I’ll take (f/n) to the nurse, and give her a tour; you head to Rei’s for study session okay?”

 

Nagisa groaned, and surprisingly kissed your cheek before running down the long hall for Rei. Holding your head, you followed Makoto to the nurses’ office. You had noticed a few girls blushing, and eyeing Makoto; oddly you felt disappointed, but for what.

 

8 Months Later

You had joined the swim club, learned a fair amount of what your duties took of you and surpassed your education well. Over the time, just getting to know the iwatobi swim club boys, you found a new sense of home and in return learned you were in the same grade as Haru and Makoto. Although you were closes to Nagisa, and Haru, Makoto was still your target; after all these months. Haru had invited you over to his house, to stargaze once it all got dark enough; nudging you that Makoto would be there.

You had admired his gentle emerald eyes, his soft smile that made your heart leap with joy. Sunk a little too far into his hugs, and nearly drooled every time he said your name. You’d glance at him and fall for him more and more, looking away so he didn’t see you. Being made fun of by Nagisa and Haru for being that shy and in front of them all.

Haru laughed to himself, at how Makoto was so oblivious to your feelings. But that never stopped them from openly teasing you, by calling you “Bashful” or when you blushed just looking at Makoto, watching the surrounds, turning away quickly to hide your blush. Haru would under his breath, chuckle and whisper “恥ずかしがり屋の” and look directly at you. 

 
You hated being teased, but in front of Makoto was the worse feeling ever; yet you knew they would never let up. Nagisa noticed your discomfort and tickled you, until you cried from laughing so hard. Opening your eyes, and wiping tears, Makoto was looking directly at you; his eyes gentle as always but something flickered differently in them. Haru, stood up announcing in a monotone voice that he was going to go cook, Nagisa shot up and so did Rei, protesting the blue-eyed man. “No mackerel! Let’s eat something different, this time.” In return Haru grunted, and agreed, only because Nagisa promised to buy him some Mackerel if he was good to them. 

 
Holding your laughter, you fell back on the floor of Haru’s den, and covered your face with your hands. Your face hotter than he sun at this point, not wanting to know if Makoto was still staring. Flinching when a warm hand rested on yours, “(nickname), come with me.” He lifted you from the floor and walked you out of Haru’s house and up the stairs, you were confused and embarrassed. 

 
“Give it a few seconds.”
“What are you- “you had trailed off, at the sight of fireflies. 
“Beautiful huh?” he softly chuckled, and your heart gave. 
“Makoto?”
“Hmm?” he turned his self towards you, looking down.
“I really like you, and,” the words fell off your tongue, you stunned yourself.
“I like you too, I noticed you watching me.” He smiled.
“That’s embarrassing,” you whined, looking up at him.
“I should’ve told you sooner, so I’m the one who is embarrassed.” 

 
He lifted your face to look at him with his index finger and thumb, leaning down. His warm breath brushed your lips, and suddenly your surroundings blurred. As if the fireflies surrounding you both wasn’t enough, the stars sparkled boldly and once the kiss had ended, and another was about to start; a faint “YES!” was heard. Blushing and hiding yourself in Makoto’s chest, Rei, Nagisa and Haru even Gou had come out of hiding and poked fun at you two. 

 
Glaring at the boys and Gou, they laughed; your face was ready to melt off at the rushing blood. But seeing them laugh and especially Haru, who was doubled over; was enough to make you laugh too. Makoto, kissed the top of your head, and smiled at you his eyes in crescents. 

 
“Come on, love birds, either you give us all one more kiss or, head downstairs and help prepare dinner.” 
The two of you looked at Gou, and Nagisa had stopped laughing immediately, wiping a few tears with Haru. “We’ll meet you downstairs.” The two of you quickly made for the stairs, leaving everyone in another fit of laughter.

 



A/N : Yeah it is short , but I couldn't make it any longer and it was weirdly refreshing to write something like this. Let me know if you want me to write more of these things. You can give me a prompt and anime character in the comments :) THANK YOU FOR READING!