hyung

Sehunnie
Sehun had always been a protective brother to Kyungsoo.
 

 

--------

 

 
Sehun grumbly stuff the cereals in his mouth as he stared daggers at the new man in front of him with his hyung sitting on the couch. He angrily nudge his mom who stayed peacefully happy at the newcomer and his older son interact with each other which made Sehun's mood decrease immensely. His mom turns around to face him with those creepy warm smile she puts when she feels giddy over something or when everything falls under her preference. He motions his mom using side-eye glances to the pair on the living room to make the new man leave out of the household (or he could totally kicked some conceited who had the courage to asked for his hyung's hand to become his)
 
Hope arises in Sehun's eyes as he saw his mom stood up on her seat to approach the two. He couldn't believe that his mom sides to him for the first time in his life ever since his hyung had been being courted by different varieties of baboons. But the smug grin on his face loosens as he heard what his mom uttered to the two.
 
"Kyungsoo dear, take Chanyeol upstairs to your room. I'll take the snack afterwards." the woman said, flashing a kind smile at the pair. The woman didn't missed the growing red imminent at the two adults as Kyungsoo guided Chanyeol to his room. For a minute, she had remembered her teenage days from them when the father of his two sons went to her house asking for the same question. She walks happily back in the kitchen with a step on her feet, visibly unaware of the poisonous aura surrounding every nook inside the room.
 
Sehun stood up, almost knocking his chair as he walk with fast pace outside the kitchen. His mother jumped hearing the creak of the chair but was fast enough to hold his younger son's broadened arm, holding him back with a frown.
 
"Umma! let me go! hyung is in danger! what if that man harassed him inside his room while we're in here?! why did you allow the both of them to be alone upstairs?!" Sehun said, angry but with outmost respect trails his way of speaking to his mom. He couldn't afford being in not good terms to his mom since he knows the woman would ignore him for days until he gave up and give her a hug and a loud-popping kiss on the cheek muttering sorry in the most sincere way possible. But the thought of having that tall jerk become the first ever man, excluding him and his father, to see the wonders of his hyung's room (not that he is really planning to let anyone to take a foot in there in the first place) and having thoughts of what would that man could possibly do to his hyung being all alone in a small, confined place plagued him like bees annoyingly flying around his head.
 
Instead of scolding him from being protective of his brother (which he had wished she had done instead) in his horror, his mother smiles to him and pushes him inside his room to get change and help her buy some groceries.
 
Of course he wouldn't be that easily obedient in this kind of crisis and put this off without a fight. Eventually, he murmurs a storm of curses as he forcefully pushes the cart in the soap and detergent section, officially claiming that his mother's smile was a hundred times scarier than his father's hard eyes.
 
--
 
Frowning at his hyung's cheerful voice beside him, Sehun lazily flips the channel on the tv to find a worthy movie to watch. Kyungsoo usually shower all of his attention to him whenever their parents left them for work, entertaining him and easing his boredom. But his hyung couldn't even spare him a glance since he's busy entertaining a certain someone that Sehun knows by heart and soon by fist if he could see that jerk's face again.
 
He stopped fiddling the remote when his eyes landed at the horror genre playing on the screen. Mischievously, he raised the volume in its maximum level and chuckles on his breathe hearing the ear-splitting screeches coming out on the tv. In the corner of his eyes he sees his hyung trying to mouth something over the phone and he smirked to himself how that Chanyeol guy couldn't hear his hyung's melodic voice in a mere gadget now. His hyung drop his phone on his lap at last and Sehun celebrates a victory dance inside his head. He expected his hyung to lean against him and finally gives all of his attention to his younger brother when Kyungsoo stood up and speedily walk upstairs. Sehun doesn't unsee the way his hyung put over his phone on his ear again.
 
Sehun sulks further on the couch and pouts. If his Kyungsoo-hyung would see him in this state, surely his hyung would grab him by the arm and invites him to go out to the mall, treating him ice cream and playing with each other in the arcade. That Chanyeol guy was obviously cutting all the time he had with his hyung. Not mentioning how that jerk was the first of all first who had broken every single rule in his Kyungsoo security list.
 
He had to do something fast or else his hyung would get snatched by a jerk if he kept his dilly-dallying.
 
Knocking on his hyung's door, Sehun blinks as he was greeted with his hyung wholly dressed up, squinting when he had came up that the colored shirt Kyungsoo doesn't commonly use except during an important occasion happened was the one he's seeing his hyung wearing today. Sehun cocked an eye brow when Kyungsoo didn't move an inch from his full-length standing floor mirror inside his room and he pouted deeper when he needed to get the older's attention by faking a cough.
 
Kyungsoo only smiles at him and continues to checks himself on the mirror. The younger man sits on the edge of the bed, watching his hyung worked his outfit detailedly. He scoffs, his hyung never works up this serious whenever he's going out. "Hyung where are you going?"
 
"Hm? oh, I'm going to the mall with Chanyeol." his hyung sweetly said, riling up the other man in the room upon hearing that taboo name.
 
"Did umma and appa knew about this?" Sehun asked, brows meeting together.
 
Kyungsoo puffs his perfume over his body and giggles seeing himself in the mirror. "Yes i've already texted umma and had an auto-approval."
 
His hyung ordered him to get a handkerchief from his drawer and he stood up to walk over his hyung's cabinet. Taking a handkerchief, he folded the piece of cloth neatly before handing it to his hyung. "You can't go hyung I won't approve."
 
"And why is that?" Kyungsoo singsongs, taking the handkerchief while muttering his thanks.
 
"I'm going to be alone in here hyung." Sehun whacks his brain and successfully found a reason. He puts his best puppy face as Kyungsoo turned around to look at him. He smirked when his hyung started cooing and patting his head. He knows his puppy face was his best advantage at getting things he likes, specially from his hyung and his mom.
 
His hyung's phone rings and Sehun glared at the nonliving gadget, hoping the phone would died down out of low battery. Kyungsoo stopped patting his head and took the call. Sehun's lips turned into a thin line as he watches his hyung's face contorted into a happy smile courtesy of that jerk in the other line. When his hyung finished the call, Sehun was fast at running to his room, shouting a hurried "Wait for me hyung!" before rummaging his cabinet and changing his clothes.
 
--
 
"Hi Sehun-ah!" upon seeing them arrived, the tall jerk grins at them, showcasing his full pearl white teeths that made him looked more idiotic as ever. He gives a slight nod, but a hard glare when his hyung nudges him to make a response. Chanyeol though, like he was not just being warned by a walking caution sign, tries to initiate skinship to his hyung—specifically, encircling an arm around his hyung's small shoulders. Sehun immediately reacted to that and places himself between the pair, pointing out a near bubble tea shop and walking ahead with his hyung. Instinctively, he embraced Kyungsoo instead, wary if ever that Chanyeol guy planned to be touchy again with his squishy hyung. 
 
Chanyeol paid for their bubble teas and Sehun ensures that he bought the most expensive cup out of the shop. Might as well make use of him. The younger man chuckles darkly. 
 
Sehun was too preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn't notice that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo was already walking ahead of him, laughing and pushing each other as the the taller made an impressive joke. The three of them stop in front of the ticket booth to watch a movie on the big screen. Chanyeol suggested to watch a romantic movie that Sehun judgingly disagrees. He doesn't want to see kisses and all that lovey-dovey scenes in the cinema and what more when that Chanyeol guy could reciprocates the action towards his hyung in the middle of a dark room. 
 
He turned to his hyung to voice out his disapproval. "Hyung I don't want to watch a romance movie." he frowned for emphasis and it seemed Chanyeol had heard him, asked him for what he would wanted to watch instead. Sehun gave it a serious thought. "Horror movie." he said without hesitation. Kyungsoo-hyung was never a big scaredy-cat and if Chanyeol assumed that his hyung would jump off from his seat and have a free cuddle with him in the cinema, Sehun was sure enough that it was never going to happen. He sees Chanyeol blinks at him and in seconds, flashed him a wavering smile. The youngest shrugs. How could this guy smile when Sehun totally tries to ruin every romantic schemes he had on his sleeve?
 
Once they were sitted in the middle section, Sehun made sure that he was in between the pair. As the introduction of the movie was starting, the youngest felt someone trembling from his left. He turned to the source and tries to stiffle his thunderous laugh as he saw Chanyeol shaking in terror, obviously frightened about the movie. Every scene that the ghost would popped out on the screen, the taller would flinched and the youngest would grin maniacally, also shaking not becuase he's scared but because he wants to lolled his head back and just laugh until his voice runs out. Sehun doesn't know everything would turn this good and funny. 
 
Putting a piece of popcorn on his mouth, his stomach suddenly clenches unpleasantly and he stood his way out of the room to go to the bathroom, leaving his hyung and Chanyeol on the cinema. The nearest restroom had too many people waiting in it that Sehun decided to go on the furthest one closer to the entrance of the mall. The youngest unaware of all the happenings on the place he left, Kyungsoo occupied his brother's seat and made Chanyeol clung on him for his dear life.
 
--
 
Sehun scowled as his grip tightens on his hyung's shoulder, wanting to hit his head when he found out he just let that Chanyeol be alone with his hyung again. He couldn't erase the image of his hyung having that jerk walk with him hand in hand while waiting for them to come out of the cinema. He doesn't know what happened but he clearly disliked the growing flush on their cheeks as they didn't let their gazes fall on each other or to him. 
 
They made their way on the arcade and soon, the loud sound of the buttons being punch and game starting song filled their ears. Sehun's own ears flapped in excitement as he saw his favorite game machine of all time—Whack a Mole. It must be coincedentally that the game was currently fitted in that time. He imagined Chanyeol was the annoying mole popping out on the hole and his attacks had gotten more brutal. He has never been felt proud of himself when he had beaten his high score. 
 
Busy on his own game, Sehun missed how Chanyeol held Kyungsoo's waist as the smaller tries to shoot one ball on the net. Kyungsoo pouted at his unfortunate height and Chanyeol, seeing the smaller's adorable pout, teaches him to get in the proper position first before shooting the ball. Chanyeol laughs occasionally seeing the smaller concentrates seriously at following his instructions. When Kyungsoo accomplished a number of shoots, he smiles widely at the taller with that heart shaped lips that anyone would fall under their knees to take a good view. Both of them alternatively took a shoot until they made a four-digit score, happily trading it with a big giraffe plushie. Kyungsoo hugged the plushie dearly and caught Chanyeol off guard by kissing him on the cheek. Chanyeol's eyes bulge from their sockets and a scarlet blush blossoms from their faces. 
 
—And yes, all of that was not witnessed by Kyungsoo's younger brother, who by now, was dancing joyfully at getting a bunch of scores for himself. 
 
--
 
They ate in a popular restaurant that Sehun insisted of going because they had the best pasta in the city hyung! secretly muttering and the most expensive menu all to himself. Chanyeol hadn't had a problem with that and gleefully ordered every dishes that Sehun wanted. Now that it was mentioned, Sehun finds the jerk's enthusiastic behavoir suspicious ever since they walked out of the arcade. It must've have something to do with the giant giraffe plushie his hyung securedly embraced on his arms, he thought. 
 
Silence filled the car, save from his hyung's soft snores at the back. Sehun looks at the taller driving from his right, raising a confuse brow when the other man just chuckles under his breathe, like he was amused of something. 
 
"What?" Sehun asked menacingly, hydra seeps the way he spoke the sole word. Chanyeol just shooked his head but Sehun scowled deeply when he the other's grin was still plastered on his face. 
 
"You're very protective of him aren't you?"
 
"Obvious?" Sehun spat, crossing his arms on his chest and giving the other an intimidating stance. "Problem?" 
 
Chanyeol hummed, jabbing the tips of his fingertips at the wheel while waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. "Why?"
 
Sehun scoffs. "And you thought that I would tell you a thing?" he sees the taller shrugs, a small smile still playing from his lips. The younger bits the insides of his cheeks and diverted his gaze outside the window, watching different faces come across the sidewalk. He sighs defeatedly but continued to frown. "I felt like, he was being steal away you know? Kyungsoo-hyung was everything for me. The thought of him being snatched away from the family really scared me. I hated how someone made hyung's attention divided to me." he says slowly, his eyes softening at the words he just muttered. 
 
Silence enveloped the car once again and by the speed of time, the car gradually slows down to a stop in front of the Do's house. Before anyone got out, Chanyeol spoke, loud and clear for him to hear. "I am not stealing him away from you Sehun-ah. I...I really liked your hyung but the idea of snatching him away from his loved ones never crossed my mind. I'm sorry if you felt that way." the sincerity of his voice made Sehun looked at him directly. Chanyeol immediately smiled at him and bravely pats his head, not the way his hyung does it but pretty much not unpleasant. 
 
The younger man walked inside of their house and watches silently at the small space provided for him to see his hyung sleepily goes out of Chanyeol's car. He sees Chanyeol smiling at his hyung with adoration in his eyes, vice versa from his hyung who had the same expression of full affection in his doe-eyed ones. 
 
"Thank you for this day Chanyeol-ah." 
 
"No, thank you for letting me spend a time with you." Kyungsoo smiled heartily at the taller and there was moment paused, before his hyung starts to lean his face to the other. Sehun blinks fastly at the image of his hyung giving Chanyeol a chaste on the lips. Relaxing when they didn't go too far with a quick peck. The youngest stood up and walks to his room, deciding to give them privacy on the last minute for themselves. Staring up in the ceiling of his room, he thought of how his hyung acted around Chanyeol a while ago. He had never seen so much love oozing out in those expressive eyes of his hyung and it is all because of one person. 
 
hyung...
 
Sehun smiles again, not his mischievous ones, but warmly. 
 
He could welcome another giant to his family, right?
 
--
 
A loud sound erupted from the kitchen as the Do family laughs at Chanyeol's stories, including the once poker-faced Do Sehun, joining the lightning seal-claps of his father at Chanyeol's impressive way of story-telling. He blinks the tears that formed to his eyes whilst laughing out loud and he did not missed the way Kyungsoo smiles up to him happily from across the table. 
 
Chanyeol bows respectfully at the Do family and said his gratitude for being invited in the dinner. 
 
"Oh hush, don't be too formal with us Chanyeol. I already regard you as a part of the family from now onwards." Mrs. Do said, chuckling lightly at the visible red forming at the taller's cheeks. Sehun's ears perked up at that being mentioned but said no more to disagree. 
 
"Umma, we'll wash the dishes." Sehun states, grabbing Chanyeol by the arm and shooing his family out of the kitchen. He found his hyung looking at him and he winks, mouthing a I won't kill him don't worry. When there was only the two of them on the room, he starts collecting the plates from the table and ushering Chanyeol to wash them clean. Chanyeol obediently rinsed the plates and put the liquid soap on the sponge before starting to rub it in.
 
"Chanyeol-hyung." Chanyeol jumped at the name and stared at him, surprised evident on his face. 
 
"What did you just call me?" Sehun rolled his eyes and plainly said "hyung", to which Chanyeol grinned at him like a madman and approaches him with open arms. "No hugs." The younger sternly said, pointing at the white bubbles forming on the taller's palm. "Not until you finished those up. I told Umma we have to wash those, make sure they're germ-free." Chanyeol nods at him like a cheerful puppy he was and goes back to his work.
 
"I'll wash a hundred dishes if you wanted me to, dongsaeng." the taller states, a lump starts 
growing from his chest at the amount of giddiness he felt that made him hard not to giggle shortly. Sehun shook his head, smiling. 
 
"You're already happy with that?" 
 
"I'm just glad you had accepted me. I didn't want to be hated by one of the most important person in Kyungsoo's life." Sehun breaks a wide grin upon hearing that. He coughs and tries to restrain the powerful tugs on the edge of his lips because he needed to be somewhat threatening in the next statements he would spoke out. 
 
"Well, you're unlucky then. You may had been accepted by the whole family but it doesn't mean your suffering had stopped now. Morever, it just gotten worser than the first." He pointedly said, groaning at the lack of fear on the taller's face. "Don't you want to like shiver or something? or pretend you're scared?" Chanyeol laughs at him.
 
"As far as I know, I am the lucky one." Chanyeol winks at him. "Do Sehun never let anyone passed his protective barrier no?" 
 
Sehun pouted at him and sighs. He watches as the taller finished rinsing the last plate and drying them clean with the towel he took near the rack where the plates had been stored. "Just, just don't make him cry okay? I'll dug your eyes out if he'll come running to me in tears you hear that?" Chanyeol sends him a salute. 
 
The youngest stood up, deeming his threatening a half-success since the taller didn't even looked shakened by his intimidation. Before Sehun got to slid himself out of the kitchen, he turns around to send a dead glare at his taller hyung. 
 
"And making love with each other is a big, red, NO. You got that hyung?" Chanyeol almost drop the plate he was holding hearing that statement. Slowly, the taller looks at him with a shaky breathe. Sehun's brows quirked up dangerously, his fist leisurely picking the obvious. "You've done it, haven't you." it wasn't a question, but a fact. Like a predator, Sehun lunges at the taller but in reflex, Chanyeol runs outside the kitchen and up to his lover's room. "YAH PARK CHANYEOL YOU'RE SO DEAD!!!" 

 


--


I had completed smth! <3 xoxo sorry for the mistakes!