Reality Check

Story Recommendation [OPEN]

Fantasy story in your mind?

Otaku side daring to come out?

Game addicts unite!

Read and have fun!

 

Reality Check

By: luvjpop

----------------------------------------------------

Characters

SHINee, Teen Top, Boyfriend, my friends, Justin Bieber

----------------------------------------------------

Description

 8 Girls...3 Groups...1 Game

 

8 girls that are scattered around the world, are about to be connected in a very unique way.

8 girls who don't even know each other, are about to depend on each other through the hard times approaching.

When the new Virtual Reality Game comes out, 8 girls rush to buy it! It seems like so much fun. I mean, a game that you can be whatever you want to be in? Be it an elf, a warrior, a human and more, where you can dapple in magic and pursue love? A game where certain *cough-celebrities-cough* also find themselves drawn into. What will happen to these girls with different backgrounds, when they are drawn together in a tangle of drama, betrayal, and love?

Who will fall in love with who? How do you recognize the love of your life, if you are wearing a mask, a false identity? If you fall in love in the game, is the love strong enough to last in real life?

----------------------------------------------------

Genre

fantasy, romance

----------------------------------------------------

Number of Chapters

So far, 12

----------------------------------------------------

Teaser

 

L. Joe excitedly ripped the package open. He and Chunji were both sitting cross-legged across from each other on the plush, green rug in the living room; by the far wall, a fire was crackling merrily in the grate. L. Joe’s eyes gleamed as he laid his gaze on the headset. Chunji had already stuffed his head into the other one and was surveying the room through it.

“Yeah-ah-ah!” Chunji cheered as he stared at L. Joe eyes sparkling with excitement, “Woaw, dude! You look so weird in blue. I think I prefer you with pink hair.”

“Aw, shut up,” muttered L. Joe jamming his own head into the helmet. He had gotten a lot of teasing from Teen Top about the pink hair when they had done Supa Love, but he’d just shaken it off and told them that they were just jealous because he could pull off pink and they couldn’t.

It was true too. There was no way that Ricky could pull of pink off any shade without looking completely stupid and out of place. He chuckled at the thought of Ricky and the rest of them in bubble gum pink jumpsuits with hot pink hair, and wearing pale pink sneakers with cotton-candy pink teddy bears looking utterly dejected and ashamed at being caught wearing such tacky clothes. Then he snapped his mind back to the present where Chunji was experimenting with the headset.

Anxiously, they rifled through the many choices before them. L. Joe was actually taken aback by how many characters there were. He had expected a lot of different creatures, but not the possibilities of personalizing  that character and then there was the matter of what to name yourself and everything. After a few minutes, he decided he was most drawn to the elf standing tall and resilient; almost defiant. It was a proud, powerful character that stood erect daring anyone to defy it. L. Joe liked that. He liked it a lot actually. As he watched his character appear before him, he smiled at the majestic dignity that enfolded his character with a cool gaze and an piercing smile that could turn to a lethal snarl in moments. His dark hair fell to his shoulders with blonde tints in it that fell into his eyes in a beautiful halo.

He then turned his attention to his username. After a short deliberation, he settled on Angelz. It reminded him of the song he and Teen Top sang called Angel. Also, Angelz had a good feel to it and besides that, it sounded cool. He excitedly typed in his real name for his password, and then he was into the light.

 

Chunji was immediately drawn to the Night Elves. They looked just like regular elves, but they seemed darker somehow; more night creatures than light. Even though he was always the comic relief whenever Teen Top was involved, there was a side of him that longed for the dark, mysterious kind of commanding presence that was promised in the bearing of the Night Elf and the flash of its intelligent eyes and the cold severity of its brow.

He watched in wonder as a version of him appeared altered to the extent of a Night Elf. It seemed impossible the incredible supremacy that he knew he’d never have in real life. He saw in that moment a new life, a new chance to be whatever he wanted to be. Chance. That fit. Yes, that fit perfectly. He quickly filled that out as his username and next he filled in a random password.

Then he too, was into that great expanse of light and disappeared into the other side of Virtual Reality.

----------------------------------------------------

Reader's Comments

Anonymous on 1-4-2012 22:31:55 says: 
Oh my gosh. I was breathless this chapter! I don't know, but the characters fit all of them so well!! :D:D:D:D I laughed at youngmin's Rae, because my korean name is supposed to be raemin ^^; hahaha. Stormwalker reminds me of stormtrooper so I was envisioning some white-helmeted person with alien eyes in the game then combining it with kwang's height to get some freakishly long white insect-man-thing-alien... hahahaha *crazy pabo here*
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your introduction of the other characters! This story is amazing! :D

 Anonymous on 12-20-2011 06:30:35 says:That;s cool how you integrated Amy's mom into this chapter. Does that mean Catherine and Amy will meet and become friends since they live in the same town? That'd be neat. :) I love it, dongsang! Keep it up!

----------------------------------------------------

Recommended by: IAmAClumsyPanda
All rights go to their proper owners.