Chapter 2

Will I Ever Know?

Blue is Ara. Violet is Soojung.

Ara's POV

"RIING!" *snooze*. Five minutes later, "RIIIING!" *snooze*. Ten minutes later, "RIIIIINNNG!". "AISH I'M AWAKE NOW! HAPPY?" Ara yelled at her alarm clock. Groaning, she reluctantly throws her duvet off and leaves the comfy, warm, soft bed. Rubbing her eyes, she heads to the bathroom to freshen up. The second she saw her own reflection on the mirror, "Hm. Not bad, not bad. I've got the most stylish bed hair." Ara sarcastically praised herself. After finishing her usual routine, she goes downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Opening the silver Samsung branded refrigerator, she takes out two eggs and sets them on the grey marble counter. Taking a frying pan from the bottom cabinet and a wooden turner from the first drawer. She adds olive oil to the pan, turns the ignition on and waits until it's heated up. Checking if it's at the perfect temperature, Ara flicks a few droplets of water; hearing the sizzling sound, she cracks the eggs open and starts cooking it to her desired form. Once they are done, she takes two slices of wholemeal bread, places the eggs on one and covers it with the other. Grabbing a floral plate from the middle cabinet, she sets her masterpiece on it and carries it to the dining room. Amidst of devouring her egg sandwich, her phone beeps, indicating she has a new text message. She grabs her phone and opens the text. It read:

Morning Ara! I'm back! You happy? Did you sleep well? I was thinking we should hang out today. I haven't seen you during this summer break! :( Reply as soon as, please! 

"Of course it's Soojung. Cheery as always." Ara said. She replied with:

Yo. No, I'm not happy, you interrupted my time with breakfast. Not a cool move. 

Grinning, she sent that away. Less than two minutes, her phone beeped again. The message read: 

Aiii... Mianhe, I didn't mean to come in between you and food. :'( I'll treat you, if you come out with me? Please??! 

"Silly girl, I won't get mad at her that easily." Ara laughed. Typing her message:

Yeah yeah, I'll meet you. I'm perfectly capable of treating myself, so no need. I'll meet you at 12.00PM, at the mall?

Soojung replied with:

I knew it! Always pretending to be angry! It's not funny! Fine, I'll see you then. Hmph!

A laughing Ara said to herself "Oh, I just love her reactions. They're too darn funny. What a gullible girl." Checking the time, it states 10.15AM. "Still got one hour and forty five minutes to spare. I'll just read a book for now." Picking up her crime fiction novel, she sets herself down on the sofa and begins to immerse herself in the book. 

One hour and twenty five minutes later. "Gosh, who killed him? There's so many suspects!! Though my gut feeling is telling me it's that creepy guy." Ara frustratingly said.

*Beep!*

Closing her book, she takes her phone and opens the message from Soojung. With enlarged eyes, she read:

I'm leaving the house now! And I hope you'll be on time...unlike all the other times when I met up with you.. Anyway, see you!

The time on her phone read 11.40AM. "Crap. Crap. Crap. I'm so going to be late again!" Ara panicked whilst running up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. Throwing her bedroom door open, she rummages through her wardrobe and drawers; trying to find a decent-looking outfit. Ara grabs whatever her hand gets a hold of and yanks it out. Laying it on her bed, the outfit is made with: a yellow vest top and blue denim shorts. She snatches her backpack that was sitting on the floor, and glances inside to find her purse, earphones, and miscellaneous girl items. With that, she charges down the stairs, tries her best to quickly put on her red high top converse. (Though, you can never rush the process of wearing high tops), and bolts out the door.

In the midst of running through the neighbourhood, she spots a stationary moving van. "A new neighbour, huh? She curiously thought. It's only a new neighbour, nothing interesting. I've got bigger things to worry about right now: trying not to be late...AGAIN!

*Huff huff huff* with her back bent and both hands on her knees; Ara takes a moment to regain her breathing and composure. Ignoring the stares she's receiving from people. "Phew...at least I didn't miss the 11.55AM one." she thought to herself. 

*DING DING DING* "The train is approaching. Please be careful when alighting from this train."

Settling down on a seat, she plugs her earphones and scrolls through her newsfeed. 

Ten minutes later, Ara rushes through the sea of people in the shopping centre, looking for Soojung. At last, she caught sight of her sitting on the bench, waiting patiently. 

"SOOJUNGIE!!!" 

"ARA!!!"

Ara jogs over and gives Soojung a "best friend" hug. 

"You're late again, and you resemble a minion!" Soojung laughed.

"Hey, at least I'm here! Also, I don't look like a minion. I'm going for a Misty from Pokemon look." Ara smugly replied.

"Yeah yeah, whatever! Let's go and eat, I'm starving because of you." Soojung complained. 

The duo headed towards a coffee shop. "Hi, what would you like to order?" The barista asked.

"I'll have a iced lemonade, and a ham & cheese panini, please." Soojung ordered.

"I'll take the pea & ham soup, please." Ara followed with.

"The total is 9,800 won, please." The barista said. At the same time, both girls attempted to pay for it. A series of "I'm paying for it." and "No, I am." are exchanged; until Ara interrupted, "We're holding the queue up, you can get it next time." and handed the cash to the barista. With a huff, all Soojung could do was to agree. 

"That was so delicious! I feel full now." Soojung said as she sipped on her cold beverage.

"I'm quite stuffed...from the sandwich I had before I met you, and now, this." Ara gestured at the empty bowl. 

"So! How was your summer?!" Soojung excitingly asked. 

"Uh...it was fine?" Ara questioned.

"Really Ara? Tell me how you spent your summer! Oh, and don't start with the playing games, and watching anime, blah blah." Soojung wavered off.

"That's exactly what I did." Ara grinned. "I mean, what do you expect? No homework and classes, equals doing whatever I want." 

"Still... I thought you would've spent your summer doing more-

"More what?" Ara taunted.

Feeling intimidated, Soojung squeaked, "Nothing! You do whatever you feel like!".

"Good. Enough about me, how was London?" Ara inquired. 

"Oh, it was amazing!! London was stupendous! There was so much to do and explore. We went to the Warner Bros. studio, got toured around; OMG Harry Potter! Wingardium Leviosa!!" Soojung said with a British accent, at the same time waving her imaginary wand.

"Sounds like you had an absolute blast." Ara said with a teesny tot of envy.

"I so did! Huuuuu, I wish I was still in London right now." Soojung pouted. 

"All good things come to an end." Ara stated flatly. 

"Aiii... You didn't have to put it that way. Always popping people's happy bubble." Soojung mumbled.

"You should be immune to this by now!" Ara chortled. 

Neglecting what Ara said, Soojung said to no one in particular, "I wonder what the final year of high school is going to be like..."

"Here's hoping it's not going to be dull and mundane like last year." Ara said.

Little did she know, this year will be like a rollercoaster ride for her.

Yuta's POV

"Son! Wake up!" His mum shouted from downstairs. 

Covering his ears with the pillow, Yuta tries to go back to slumberland. 

"Yuta, I know you can hear me. Hurry and get out of bed!" She bellowed once again.

"Nnnnggg. I'll get up in ten minutes." Yuta groaned to himself. Hearing foot steps coming up the stairs, which conveniently stops right outside his bedroom door.

"Yuta Nakamoto, if you don't get up right this instant, I will-

Swiftly launching himself out of bed, he made his way to the door, accidently kicking his suitcase in the process. Hopping on one foot, he opened the door, "Morning mother." He greeted with a forced smile. 

Sighing, she informed him, "The moving van will be here in one hour. Freshen up, will you? Also, I've bought breakfast, come down when you're done."

"I'll go now." He reluctantly agreed. Yuta drags himself to the bathroom and starts his morning routine. He then changes into his everyday comfy clothes: blue t-shirt, and grey sweatpants. Trudging down the stairs, he finds his mother waiting for him. 

"Eat up. I've already had my share. I'll be making a call to your uncle, okay? If you need me, I'll be in that room." She pointed out.

"Sure." Sitting on a square cushion, he starts on his breakfast. Though only feeling slightly hungry, Yuta takes his time eating, whilst playing with his phone. 

*Knock knock* 

Standing up, he walks to the window and checks who it was. There, parked on the kerb was a white moving van. "Umma! The moving people have arrived!" He yelled.

"Ok, I'm just about finished with the call." She yelled back. In a few seconds, his mother unlocked the front door, letting the workers into the house. 

"Hello ma'am, we are here to help you with the move." The worker announced.

"Great. Come in." His mother replied.

For the past two hours, Yuta has been keeping an eye on the workers moving in and out of the house with either: household furnitures or their personal belongings. 

"Excuse me, where do you want this floor lamp placed?" The worker questioned. 

Yuta turned his head to look at the worker apathetically, "In that corner", he responded aloofly.

"Alright." The worker huffed out, before placing the lamp at its designated area.

"How about this box?" The other worker asked.

Without looking, Yuta answered with slight annoyance, "Just wherever."

The worker, unsure where to put the box, stood still and scanned the room. Sensing the worker hasn't moved an inch; Yuta lifted his head intending to speak to the man, but instead his eyes zeroed in on the box. He jumped to his feet and hastily took the box from the man's hands, silently muttering a "sorry". Trekking up to his room, Yuta closes the door the instant he's inside, and sits on the bed. Countless of thoughts were swirling inside his mind. "How could I ever forget about this?" He thought deeply. Just as he was about to open it, his hand hovering on the lid, "Yuta! Can you come and help me get this? I can't reach." He heard his mother call for him.

Sighing, "I'll be there in a minute." He responded. Kneeling on the carpeted floor, he slid the box under his bed, making sure its hidden, out of sight. "Maybe you're not meant to be opened." He stood up, glancing at it one last time, and proceeds to leave his room.


 

Firstly, I would like to thank LarasIH, xcrystal10xx, truly_me, nd1903 for subscribing! Really, thank you guys, I appreciate it so much! :) I didn't see it coming, I didn't think people would subscribe to my story. :0

Secondly, tada! The second chapter is up! Hmm... what's inside the box.. Darn it Yuta's mum, you couldn't have picked a better time to call for your son's help.

Lastly, I'll stop rambling and leave you's alone! Enjoy! Until next time!