002.

Painting Greys

KRYSTAL

 

"Welcome back home, Kryssie!" beamed Jessica as she warmed the whole room up with her glow of happiness.  

A line of housekeepers were formed at the end of the corridor with their eyes glued on the floor though their eyes constantly itched for an opportunity to take a super, short glance at Korea's prime minister's youngest daughter. Yes, my father is the current prime minister of Korea. Ever since our mother passed away, he's been working his off to forget all the sorrow and misery of losing his once in a lifetime love.  Work became his ecstasy and as time flies, so does his career; soon, he was elected to be the prime minister of Korea. Now don't get me wrong, I am proud of who my father had become today, it's just that somewhere beneath all those fabricated lies, I wished that Jess, my father and I could lead a normal life.. just like how we used to in the old days. Without all these public exposure, all these meetings and paperworks. I miss those days of when we would gather together around the furnance during the cold, winter months as we share tales of only four of us would know. I miss having my mother around. Everything else seems to fall dead here without her presence. 

Just as I was about to wrap up the slideshows of memoirs playing on my head, a tall and built figurine came out of the shadows of those huge curtains. It was no other than the Prime Minister of Korea, my father.  He seemed to had abandoned his shaving routine as I noticed a Hitler-like mustache growing from the skin beneath his nostrils. His used to be glowing, black hair is now bombared with dozens of white hair, competing to get their way in to dominate his whole scalp.  I realized that he was getting old and that evoked quite of an emotional stir in me. I don't exactly know how I would be able to live with the fact that he might leave our side soon, just like how our mother did when i was five.

"Appa." I muttered softly. 

"Soojung... my little Soojung." He replied with a heavy tone. He opened his arms as wide as the Pacific Ocean could be, eager to receive his youngest daughter back into his arms again.  I ran into his embrace, clenching onto him tightly. 

"How is my Soojung doing? I missed you a lot, Soojung." he said as he released me from his embrace. He tugged my hair behind my ears as he scanned my face quite detailedly. "You'd grown up into a fine lady.. your mother would be so proud of you." 

I fixed him a smile of gratitude as we strolled down the long corridor of paintings.  We soon arrived at the dining hall where there was a long dining table fixated at the center with a plethora of food coming from all kind of world cuisines displayed on top of it.  Throwing side any etiquettes I'd ever known, I wolfed down the delicacies placed in front of me. My father and Jessica joined each other in a chorus of laughter.

"Some things.. just never change." giggled Jessica.

I rolled my eyes as I continued my eating routine. Well, what did they expect of me anways? To just stare at the food? Not in a million years! 

"Actually, Soojung-ah, I know you'd hate me for this, but I have an important meeting to attend in 30 minutes. I know, I'm sorry, I tried everything that I could to have the day off to spend time with you, Soojung. But, dinner time was the only time that I was allowed to be alone with my two daughters. I'm sorry, I tri-"

"Nah, it's fine Appa. I understand that you have a very important job and responsibility. It's alright, I'll be fine with Jess-"

" I- I.. can't Soojung. Not today. My team of models are actually rushing me as of now to finish the final touch-up. I've an upcoming fashion runway at the end of the month. I dumped all of my schedule in the morning to fetch you Soojung. I'm very sorry, but I booked my day tomorrow for you-"

"It's okay, Jess. I understand." I said. My heart sank as I listened to the both of them, not being able to dump their busy lives just for a day of family life. I tried to show zero emotions, but my cheeks were flushing red as hot tears rolled down my face. I ran out of the room as quick as my legs could take me. I could hear both my father and Jess calling after me, but I couldn't care less. I needed time to be alone.  I closed the door behind me as I flushed out all of the emotions. Hot streams of tears flowed down my cheeks as my body shook hard against the door. I just came back here.. literally hours ago. This isn't what I wanted. What makes it so hard for them to understand that I don't need all of this wealth, reputation going around me.. I just needed family warmth and love.. I feel lonely.

"Krys?"

"Go away!" I shouted recklessly.

"It's me, Sehun. Please open the door, Krys." 

Just then, my heart skipped a beat as his name rang in my head.  Hesitantly, I opened the door, leaving a crack tiny enough for my eyes to peek through. And there he was standing right in front of my very eyes, Oh Sehun.  Our relationship traced back all the way back when I still had my braces on. Way back before I moved to the States. He was my one and only bestfriend back then. We used to stick to each other like glue and when my mother passed away, he was there for me through every step of the way. He held me close with him as I cry to sleep every night. He was one of the brightest places I could ever be at back then. Then, here I am today, back to where I was before , reminiscing about all the butterflies I had for him.

"Can I come in, please? he said pleadingly.

I opened the door and watched his tall, lean body enter the room. I gulped.  The atmosphere around the room was awkward and raw.  I didn't want to talk first because I clealry had no idea on how to suspense this awkward atmosphere thus I waited in silence for his turn to talk.  

"I heard that you left the dining room in a rush.. what happened Krys?" he asked. A look of worry was seen across his face. I can't help but to give in to him. He's still the caring person he used to be. And I like him for that. 

" I just.. I don't wanna talk about it, Sehun. It's the same thing over. I thought things would change after years of not meeting them, but guess not. " I sighed. I took a second or two to recollect myself. "I-I didn't expect that you still remember me after all these times." I continued on, trying to plant a smile on my face. 

"How could I forget you, buttercup?" He grinned. "You know, when you moved to the States, I was so devastated. I didn't know who I could talk to regarding all the novels I read. I didn't know who to spend time with.. I just felt lost without you. I'm glad that you're back here, Krys." 

His words hit my soul like a hammer hitting a block of glass. I didn't expect that, at all. Throughout my stay in the States, he didn't contact me at all. I didn't know he wanted me here beside him..

"Is that true? Cause.. you never contacted me at all. I thought that you were happy that I was gone. Or perhaps, you forgot about me already." I muttered sadly. 

"Krys.." He muttered. He approached me slowly as his arms encircled my neck. I felt adrenaline rushing through my body. My heart was beating fast. "I didn't contact you because I feared that you didnt want me there. You left without saying goodbye, Krys."

"Oh..that." Guilty pinned through my body like icicles. I tried explaining to him the reason why I left so hastily but 'sorry' was the only word that my lips can mutter.  I just felt so guilty. 

"It's okay." He said, patting my back. "At least now you're here with me.. looking all different."

"Different?" I asked.

"Yeah.. you look.. way more hot compared to your old ponytails look." He said shyly. 

I had the sudden urge to know what those plump lips of his taste like but I know that it was out of my line to do so. I didn't want to lose, yet, another friendship with him.  He's very important to me as Jess is to me. He would hate me for sure if I did so. I could feel his hot breath against my neck and at that moment I wanted nothing more but to love him.  I pulled back as I knew that it was impossible for us to happen. 

I pulled back because I knew that he would never love a girl like me. 

 


Is it just plain friendship between Sehun and Krystal? Or would they end up in a steamy hot relationship?

Stay tuned for more xx. ( Comments would be appreciated guys! Have a nice day all ! )