one

Feel me through the stethoscope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Taeyong’s POV

 

 

‘Accident’

There are lots of unexpected events that could occur to the world’s populations.

But the one that I hate most is the accident, to a person who had been in one, like me, accident, is an event where it either take something from the victim or vice versa.

In its worst case, it could take one’s life, in another word, death.

In its least-worst case, it gives a person some injuries that would lead to scars, or just an upsetting memory which could lead to trauma.

There is no best case when it comes to accident, and in my case, parts of me had been taken as a result of the tragic accident, one is my mother.

And the other one,

It is a bit hard to explain.

 

 

Emergency Room – 23 : 30

Another person became a victim of a car accident that night, the patient was rushed into the emergency room and was transferred to the bed with the number 18 printed on the label.

“Dr. Lee, another one tonight, bed number 18” One of the nurse informed me, who just finished checking on the vitals of my patient in bed 12, and I already knew what was going on without the nurse providing further elaboration to her statement.

It was normal for most of the patients having low probability of being saved to be submitted to me, to most of the nurses and the doctors here, I am the grim reaper of the ward, handling deaths was my speciality. Everyone in the department were surprised by my calm and unaffected facial expression when I first lost a patient I had under my care for days, furthermore, when asked on if I were sad to let the patient go, I simply gave a “No” as a response.

It was because the feeling I felt that time, was not sad, I felt something, but it wasn’t what I acknowledge as ‘sad’, what was it then? I too, do not know what or how to describe it, because I am an Alexithymic.

That was another part of me that had been taken by the accident, my ability to identify my feelings or emotions, not just mine, but also others.

But of course, I have improved a little.

“Connect the cardiac monitor, I want to see the rhythm” I commanded the nurses present during the night shift, who I recognised as Han Mi Rae and Kyung Hana

I then calmly scanned the monitor and instructed one of the nurses to get me the defibrillator

“Okay, give me the defibrillator, set it to 200 Joules” The nurse quickly did as instructed and it was clear that the nurse was lost in the situation, it didn’t take me a long time to realise that her lips were drier than usual, as far as I know, females like to keep their lips moist,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter