Let Me Know

Fate in Your Hands

         I woke up to the sound of people arguing. I was tied to a chair in what appeared to be a basement. I heard something crash.

         “Dammit V, quit dropping things.”

         It was an accident, Suga, I swear!” V protested.

         “Both of you quiet! What are we going to do about the foreigner?” Another voice spoke.

         “What can we do?” Sugar mumbled. “We should have killed her then and there.”

         “She technically didn’t do anything though.” Another voice chimed in.

         “She spied on us. What more did she need to do, Jhope?”

         “Honestly, she brought this on herself.”

         “She has bad luck.” They all started to chuckle. I felt the cold sweat start to form. The only thing I could think about was how they were going to put a bullet through my head. Then the door in front of me slammed open, making me yelp in surprise. Jhope burst through giving me a surprised look.

         “Oh, look she’s awake.” He hollered to everyone else. I noticed stairs leading from the door upwards. To what exactly, I don’t know. But I imagine it’s freedom. Soon enough the room was filled with all seven boys and me. They began to whisper to each other. When they hushed a bit, the leader approached me with a warm smile. Something that shocked me after seeing how ruthless he was.

         “I can see that you are a foreigner. Do you speak Korean?” He asked. Do I lie? Do I pretend I don’t understand anything? Will they go easy on me if I say nothing? I shifted my gaze around. All eyes were on me.

        “Yah! You were asked a question!” V shouted. I flinched from the growl in his tone. Rapmon laughed.

        “You can understand can’t you?” I nodded slightly, keeping my gaze off of him.

        “I’m glad, I wouldn’t want to have to kill you.” I looked up at that and notice the smile hadn’t left his face. “Want to tell me about yourself?” I shook my head, fear seeping in. I heard snickers all around me.

        “Of course she wouldn’t want to talk. She just woke up.” Jin spoke.

        “She’s probably scared.” Jungkook taunted. I looked down at my restraints. I felt so small. Rapmon patted my head, making me flinch.

        “I understand. This all must be very confusing to you.” I nodded my head. “Well let me introduce myself. My real name is Namjoon. They call me Rapmon in the…field. I’ll even let you call me by my real name. How about that? Why don’t you tell me your name now?” He was smiling, but it didn’t make me feel any safer. Do I tell this strange man who I am?

         I was hesitating and Namjoon frowned at this.

He clicked his tongue, “Ok, how about this. This man over here is Suga, that’s Jhope, Jin, Jungkook, V, and Jimin. I would tell you their real names but I respect them too much to do that to them. Although, Jimin and Jungkook names aren’t codenames, so I guess it doesn’t apply to them.” He smiled satisfied, but I couldn’t find the way to form words.

         “Dammit just tell us who you are!” V grumbled. I flinched once more. Namjoon looked unpleased.

         “Please tell me who you are, or I’m afraid I really will have to kill you.” Namjoon said, but I couldn’t see any sympathy in his eyes.

         “Lucy.” I muttered, “My name is Lucy.” Namjoon nodded in satisfaction.

         “Wooo! She speaks.” Jhope laughed, clapping. Namjoon patted my head again, something that didn’t give me any comfort.

         “Good girl. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?”

         I started to stutter over what to say, “I-I’m from America. I moved here a couple months ago by myself. Last night, I-I just went out with some co-coworkers to get a d-drink. I swear I didn’t mean to stumble on…on whatever it was that you were doing.” My voice trailed off in fear.

Suga chuckled, “Of course you didn’t mean to see, but you did. Isn’t there a saying, “Curiosity killed the cat?”” Everyone laughed at that. Namjoon patted my leg, turning my eyes back to him.

         “Don’t worry, since you’re cooperating, we won’t kill you today. Honestly, we have no need to at the moment.” With that he got up signaling everyone that it was time to leave.

         “W-wait!” I yelped, “If you’re not going to kill me, just let me go. I have no one to tell this to. I-I don’t even understand what I saw. No one would even believe the crazy foreigner. Please, release me.” Once again the room was filled with laughter.

Namjoon spoke up, “You poor thing. You do make some valid points but alas, it’s still too risky.” He grabbed my face. “You are never leaving. You honestly should be grateful. If it were me, I would have shot you on the spot, but since Jimin is the one who caught you, he’s the one who gets to decide how long you live.” My eyes trailed to Jimin. When our eyes locked, a perfect smirk formed on his lips. Namjoon gave me a gentle pat on the cheek as he chuckled leaving. One by one they left, leaving only me and Jimin.

         “Sorry sweetie, you got some bad luck, but don’t worry. I don’t plan on killing you anytime soon.” He chuckled darkly as he left, closing the door behind him. I was left alone.

 

 

         I don’t know how many hours had past, but I was feeling a bit hungry and a bit bored. The room was practically empty. If I tilted my head far enough, I could see a dresser in the left corner behind me. There was a desk next to it. They both were covered in dust, obviously being abandon some time ago. There was a dead plant in the corner of the room in front of me, but that wasn’t what interested me. It was the window that was just high enough to be out of my reach. It was tiny, but if I squeezed just hard enough, I’d probably be able to escape…that is, if I wasn’t tied to this chair.

         ‘I bet if I moved that desk, I could reach the window.’ I was strategizing now. The window proved that I was under the house; I could see the ground was right beneath it. ‘I could crawl out and be perfectly safe. Then I could make a run for it. What if the window is locked, though?’ I sighed. I was starting to doubt myself. Still, I could see the sky through the window. The stars were visible slightly, and that was enough for me to seek freedom.

Knock Knock

         “Hey,” I turned my head towards the deep voice, “I brought you dinner.” It was Jungkook. His voice was soft. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking unsure of why he was here.

         “Oh,” I mumbled, “Thanks, I guess.” He quickly put the food down, then began to untie me. I rubbed at my sore wrists, feeling the indents the ropes had cause.

         “Is it really ok for you to untie me?” I asked.

He smirked, “What threat do you pose?” he tapped his gun as he looked at me. “Jimin said if you try anything that I have permission to kill you.” I wasn’t really going to try to escape. Jungkook was one of the taller ones. There was no way I would be able to take him on. I had to be smarter than that.

         “I wouldn’t try anything, anyway.” I said softly. His smirk fell of his face as the room fell into awkward silence.

He cleared his throat, “Here, eat.” The plate of food was shoved into my hands. It wasn’t anything extravagant, some bread and some soup.

         “I’m not really that hungry anymore.”

         “Don’t be stupid. You haven’t eaten all day.” He scoffed, “If you don’t eat it, I will force it down your throat.” His threats were enough to make me take a bite out of the bread. It felt uncomfortable having him watch me eat, but yet, not being alone felt somewhat nice.

         “Can I ask you a question?” I asked. He seemed confused, but he shrugged his shoulders non-the-less.

         “Sure.”

         “How old are you?”

         “20, you?”

         “21.” I replied, a little shocked that he asked one in return. He hummed in response.

         “You seem pretty young to be...well…doing whatever it is you’re doing.” He snorted at that.

         “You seem a little young to be meddling in things you don’t understand.”

I wiped my mouth, “You’re right about that. Young and foolish, but you don’t seem to be a foolish person. You actually seem to be pretty smart…so why do ‘this?’” I motioned my hands at the area around us. I wasn’t really sure how to explain it.

He laughed, “Cause I wanted to. It’s as simple as that. You’re right, I had a bright future ahead of me. I could do anything, but you know what pleased me the most? It was watching the people who hurt me suffer.”

         “I-What do you mean? Did that business man hurt you?” I was twiddling my fingers now, as Jungkook chuckled darkly.

         “Hurt me? No. His boss? Yes. I will do everything in my power to make that man suffer, the same way that I suffer.” Jungkook’s eyes were dark now. There was no sign of remorse in them anymore. He looked like he was about to snap at any second.

         “W-what did he do?” I stuttered.

SMACK

         The sound of his hand smacking into the chair, the plate crashing to the floor, and the look on Jungkook’s face said it all; I had asked too much.

         “We’re done here.” With that Jungkook grabbed the plate and slammed the door open. “Jimin!” He called. In a blink of an eye, Jimin appeared.

         “You look upset Kookie.” He chuckled. Jungkook merely grumbled as he stormed up the stairs. I was left there on the floor trembling at the younger one’s outburst. Jimin casually walked up to me before crouching down to pat me on the head.

         “It seems you troubled my friend.” He smiled.

I stuttered, “I-I didn’t mean to.” He only shushed me, one finger on my lips as he hummed. I couldn’t focus clearly. The close proximity had me troubled. He then sat me on the chair, making sure to tie my hands a little looser than last time.

         “You shouldn’t mess around with things you don’t understand.” With that, he gave me one more smile before turning and walking towards the door.

         “Goodnight sweetie.” The door closed behind him, leaving me in darkness.