Chapter Three: Broken Glass

Upper East

Chapter Three: Broken Glass

 

Entertainment Branch

 

“For the last time! We do NOT run strip clubs. We run host and hostess clubs, and there are those cabarets…but not strip clubs. Tell that to the nosy reporter” said the Head, Yabu Kota.

 

“Yes sir, anything else?” asked his Secretary, Kochi Yugo.

 

“Ask that fashion company why they wanted us to use their model instead of our Rena. I mean, our Rena is perfect.”

 

“Well, I think that company is attempting to create a merger between the them and us” said Yugo. Yabu snorted.

 

“The CEO would throw a fit. Hell, he already threw a fit when the cosmetics company sent her over.” After that was said, Rena walked in. She was small, but lovely with pale skin and short dark hair tucked behind a blue headband.

 

“I received a call from Ai. She found her dress…but now she’s kinda freaking out because her mom wants to throw an engagement party and she’s still getting used to living to Nishi-San and just…stress”

“Why not let the company do the engagement party” suggested Yabu. Rena raised her eyebrows.

 

“Remember the last time we threw an engagement party?”

 

“So what if Keito ended up going to the hospital? He was alright…after they stapled his head back together” protested Yabu.

 

“If anyone plans a party, then let the Economics Branch do it. They know how to budget everything perfectly” said Yugo.

 

As three of them discussed more about the engagement party, a certain man paced the length of his office.

 

    The man was young with a handsome yet boyish face. His dark brown hair was neatly swept to one side and his brown eyes shone with excitement. He took another glance at the face on his computer screen. Sitting himself down behind his desk, he read over the report that Kento had sent him about the new assistant.

 

    “Shida Mirai? Excellent recommendations, went to Horikoshi Gakuen. I went there too…she sounds pleasant. I swear I’ve seen her face before. Why can’t I remember?”

 

    Suddenly, the doors open and Yuto  strolled in holding a plate of sandwiches.

 

“Suzuka sent these up. Says that you’re looking too skinny these days.”

 

The man smiled.

 

“Tell her I say thank you.”

 

Yuto smiled and slid into a seat. Taking in the tired look and amount of paperwork on the man’s desk, he sighed.

 

“Really Ryosuke, you need to take a break. All these are doing is giving you wrinkles.”

 

Yamada Ryosuke laughed and shook his head.

 

“I knew what was entitled when I took over the company. I’ll be fine.”

 

Yuto raised his eyebrows. 

“Are you really sure about that? I mean, the company has been facing some pretty stressful things lately.”

 

“Things have stressful,” admitted Ryosuke. “I mean, it’s one thing for the fashion magazine to want do a photoshoot, but to use their own model? That’s kinda pushing it. I made it pretty clear that when doing anything with the company, I prefer my own people. Nonen is an excellent model. Also, sending over Keito’s ex as the model for the cosmetics…they are planning something and I feel like we need to get to the bottom of it. I refuse to have Keito get hurt again because of her.”

 

Yuto smiled as Ryosuke rambled on about this and that in the company. It was refreshing to see him take a break and just relax. He works himself too hard thought Yuto to himself.

 

“Anyways, Marketing got a new assistant and she’s pretty cute…but not as cute as Suzuka” Yuto  added with a grin. Ryosuke rolled his eyes.

 

“I don’t have time for relationships. Especially with someone who works for my company.”

 

“You said the same thing years ago. Then you started dating Mariya who was your personal secretary, BTW” pointed Yuto. Ryosuke suddenly frowned.

 

“Yeah…and looked how it turned out.” 

 

Yuto sighed. Mariya was always a sore subject. She was the daughter of a top fashion designer and one of their classmates back in high school. They were a good-looking couple, and Ryosuke adored her…but she…was pretty flirty and one day Ryosuke had walked in on her and another guy…in bed and well…no one was allowed to talk of it.

 

Arts Branch

 

“I’ve just met the new assistant! Turns out, she was my classmate back during my first year of high school! It’s a small world after all! We decided to rekindled our sorta friendship and will be going for drinks after work!” was what Umika said coming in from her lunch break.

 

“Mirai? Her name means future. Maybe she’s the future of this company? teased Kishi which made Chinen slap the back of his head.

“Ryosuke is a wonderful CEO and you better be thankful!” huffed Chinen. 

 

“You’re only saying that because Ryosuke is your sugar daddy” protested Umika. Chinen flushed deep red and Kishi started cracking up.

 

“For the record! It was only a couple of times and we were both drunk.”

 

“Really? Because from the looks of it, both of you were pretty sober. Hell, you even confessed to taking a bath with each other and enjoying it!”

 

At this point, Kishi was holding his side from laughing so much and Chinen’s face looked like a tomato.

 

“Get back to work you two and no more talk of this” ordered Chinen as he stomped back into his office.

 

 

International Relations

 

The floor was deathly quiet as Katsumi Arimura made her way to the glass double doors. She walked up the secretary and was confused. He looked like a baby.

 

“You’re Katsumi-San, am I correct?” his voice was lightly accented.

 

“Yes I am. The cosmetic company, Shining, sent me over.”

 

“I am well aware of who you are and just why you came here. I am his secretary, Marius Yo. He is expecting you so please head in.”

 

Arimura bowed and carefully opened the doors. Taking a deep breath she walked in and felt her breath catch. She hadn’t seen Keito since that night, but…damn, he was still as handsome as she remembered. Inky black hair swept to the side, the little mole under his right eye, the deep brown of his eyes and those beautiful pink lips…which were currently set in a frown.

 

“Katsumi-San. You work as a model and actress. Currently you work an overseas cosmetic company called Shining who has just opened a new branch in Japan. You are their main face. They had a line of makeup designed for women working in an office and they want you as their model” rattled off Keito not looking at her.

 

“Kei…I mean Okamoto-San, that is all correct. What is there for me to do?”

 

Keito gave her glance, it was brief, but she felt a slight blush rise on her face.

 

“Just sign this paper giving your consent to be the model and get out” said Keito, sliding a paper towards her. She read it over carefully and quickly signed her name before getting up, bowing, and hurrying out.

 

“Katsumi-San, I suggest you consider this your last time visiting and working with us. Neither Keito nor the CEO take too kindly to those who double cross us” said Marius said Arimura passed him. She nodded and quicken her pace hoping that she could hold her tears in until she was in the lobby.

 

 

 

 

A/U

OMG!!!! It has been a LOOOONG time since I updated UES. I am sooooooo  sorry for that. Life had been pretty crazy, but I can promise you that updates will be coming soon. This isn’t meant to be a super long story. I plan for only about 20 chapters. Sorry if I made Katsumi Arimura come off kinda bad but I need someone to be the reason behind Keito’s angst. Believe me when I say that there will be plenty of actresses/idols popping up and being the bad guys. I don’t take too kindly to other people coming in and messing with my ships. This note is becoming too long, so thank you all for reading and commenting! Another chapter is on the way.