The Other Branches

Upper East

Chapter Two: The Other Branches

 

Hirose Suzu slid into her seat just as Jesse came into view, in deep conversation with their Head, Inoo Kei.

 

“I just don’t understand. She must have one hell of the nerve to show her face here. After everything she put Keito through. Something is fishy” said Inoo with a frown.

 

“It’s just for the collaboration with the overseas cosmetic company…but she may be wanting something in return” said Jesse as he slid into his desk and opened a folder. Suzu quickly opened her laptop and went straight to her emails. As normal, she had emails from co-workers, friends and family. 

 

“Oh, it seems Kento’s secretary finally got an assistant. Thank God, the Marketing branch has been completely swamped this week” called Jesse. Inoo poked his head out of his office.

 

“Ah yes, I heard her name is Mirai. Kento sent out a mass email announcing her arrival.”

 

Both Jesse’s and Inoo’s grin match and Suzu sighed. Rumor had it that Jesse and Inoo were long lost distant cousins twice removed or something along those lines. When it came to party planning…those two never missed the chance to plan it.

 

“We should totally hold it at the skating rink. It would be so cool” exclaimed Inoo.

 

“We could have glow in the dark skates!” squealed Jesse. Suzi rolled her eyes. 

 

“Aren’t we suppose to be working? I have an email asking about that office near downtown” said Suzu as she looked at the two who were now rolling about on the marble floor in their suits, giggling about the party. Honestly, she was working with two kids.

    

 

Food Branch

 

Nakajima Raiya loved being his brother’s assistant more than anything…but watching his brother, Yuto, making heart eyes and whine about how much he was in love with the Head of the branch, the beautiful Ohgo Suzuka, was just too much for him.

 

“And then she asked if maybe we should introduce cookies or if that was too many sweets. Oh, and then she asked if I would help her plan the welcoming party for Kento’s new assistant because Inoo and Jesse aren’t trustworthy with party planning anymore.”

 

“Why not?” asked Raiya. He had heard of some of the crazy parties the company had.

 

“Well…one year we held a party to celebrate a worker’s engagement and well…somehow we got involved with a stripper and the police, then I’m pretty sure we got cake all over the police car…then Inoo lost his pants and we had to take Keito to the hospital because he hit his head on the stripper pole and wouldn’t stop talking in English…maybe we should get back to work” said Yuto turning to his desk.

 

Suddenly the doors of the office open and Nana strolled in with Mirai following behind.

 

    “This is Shida Mirai. The Marking Branch’s new assistant. I thought I would let her get to know this branch since it makes the best food.”

 

“How lovely to meet you. I am Ohgo Suzuka, Head. This is Nakajima Yuto, my secretary and his brother Raiya, the assistant. We can’t wait to have your welcoming party!” said Suzuka with a bright grin.

 

“So are the second through eight floors really the branches of the company?” asked Mirai.

 

“Actually, it’s second through tenth floor. Lobby is 1st floor, CEO office is 11th. Nana tends to forget that” said Yuto. Nana rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue.

 

“Marketing has been quite busy so it’s sorta expected” added in Raiya. Mirai had to resist the urge to pinch the boy’s cheeks. He was just too cute.

 

“Um..Suzuka? I don’t want to interrupt or anything but I just received a call from that client…you know…the fussy vegan one” said a quiet voice belonging to Mitsumune Kaoru. Suzuka rolled her eyes.

 

“Ok, I’ll go get it sorted out. Have a lovely day!” she called out as Nana and Mirai turned to leave.

 

Fashion Branch

 

As normal, the fashion branch was humming with activity as clothes were sorted and photographed, designers sketched models and selected fabric from the vast piles on the tables as phone rang nonstop from different magazines asking for interviews and photos. At the center of it all, a young man with light brown hair, neatly styled, and pink pouty lips sat in his office. He narrowed his eyes, framed by thick black glasses, at the report in front of him. 

 

“Juri! We have an issue” he called to his secretary who was reading over some papers. Juri, tall, lanky but strong with reddish-brown hair stepped in. He was smartly dressed in dark gray skinny jeans and a white button down.

 

“About what?” Juri asked in confusion. Fuma, who is the Head of the branch, handed him a paper. Scanning over it, Juri felt himself becoming annoyed.

 

“So they want to do a photoshoot, but with their model because apparently our Nonen Rena isn’t up to their standards? Can’t we just use her and not comply with them?” Juri asked. Fuma shook his head.

 

“CEO says we have to use their models. I think he’s still trying to make up for that…incident. Get what I mean?” Fuma said with a low voice.

 

“But that was four years ago. They have to get over it. They’re totally abusing the power and the company would be fine if they cut connections. We still have connections in other countries thanks to Real Estate and International Relations.”

 

“Either way,” started Fuma. “Have Shin give a call to Rising Star Model Agency and ask for Tsubasa Honda. She’s the model for the next photoshoot. The theme is Happiness.”

 

With that the conversations ended.

 

Economic Branch

 

As far as Kanata Hongo was concerned, being the Head of Economics was pretty nice. Their floor was always calm and efficient. The workers knew their stuff and everything had it’s place. He was currently typing reports for the end of the month and so far, each branch was making their share of money. His Secretary, Iwahashi Genki, was carefully going through payroll to make sure that everyone was being paid their share. The assistant, Kawaguchi Haruna was checking the stats of the stock market, keeping a close eye on which ones were falling and which were rising.

 

Books Branch

 

“We are not publishing a book that’s a fan fiction of me being in love with my best friend who happens to be a werewolf. Those days are long over” said the Secretary, a cheery young man named Kamiki Ryunosuke. The Head, Miura Haruma, laughed before typing out an email saying why the book couldn’t be published.

 

“Ai won’t be coming in till about one. Something about dress shopping” said Kamiki.

 

“That’s fine, I mean, she is getting married and to the son of that famous publishing company. What’s his name again?” asked Haruma.

 

“Nishi Yuki, I think. Either way, the wedding is about five months away and she’s been busy getting editors and authors signed onto our company so she deserves time to find her dress” said Kamiki reading over the list of new books that came in.

 

 

 

 

 

Arts Branch

 

“Where the hell is Chinen?” said his Secretary, Kawashima Umika. “It’s like, ten-thirty, and he still hasn’t shown up and the art dealer will be at eleven and if he isn’t here then we could be in a whole lot of trouble!”

 

“He might be sleeping” said the assistant, Kishi Yuta looking at the closed doors that led to Chinen’s office. Umika growled, walked over and kicked the doors open. Sure enough, Chinen was fast asleep on his desk.

 

“CHINEN YURI!” shrieked Umika. Chinen opened one eye and yawned.

 

“I know that an art dealer will be here soon. Don’t worry” said Chinen as he adjusted his blanket. Umika rolled her eyes and proceeded to drag Chinen out of his office.