ONE

S T R A N G E R S

   It was one dark night that I went out to buy some books. My hair was tied in a messy ponytail and I was wearing a black hoodie paired with my favourite Levi’s jeans and my dark blue Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 sneakers.

 

   The time showed in my android phone and it was 10pm. Shivers running through my body as I walked passed the dark alleys. I covered my head with my hoodie and decided to walk a little bit faster than my usual walk. Call me crazy, even I thought I was crazy enough to be walking this late at night alone, but I would do anything to get my hands on the second book of the MAZE RUNNER SERIES. Blame Jungah, who recommended the series on the first place that I went addicted. She texted me 10 minutes ago that the second book finally arrived in the nearby bookstore, which led me into this situation.

 

   The walk was short as it only took 20 minutes to arrive at the bookstore. I grinned widely as the OPEN sign was still there. I was so happy that I bumped the front door without noticing it was a door. “Ouch” I grunted out and went inside clumsily, ignoring all the eyes on me.

 

  The bookstore was unexpectedly filled with some people. I could see few teenagers who probably on search of comics and an old man around his sixties was seriously searching for a book in the non-fiction section. Huh, at least I am not alone.

 

   The bookstore cashier aka the owner smiled as I neared him. He was a fine young man around his 20s. His hair was neater than mine and his voice was the epitome of a perfect voice that a man could have. “May I help you,” his dimple smile made me froze for a while. It only took me few seconds to realise that his eyes was scanning my frozen face. Blushing, I only did the rational thing. “Do you have the 2nd book in the Maze Runner series by James Dashner” I asked in a bolt, without even looking at him. From there, I could hear him chuckling politely, probably at my quirky action a moment ago.

 

   “A young adult fiction fan huh? The 2nd book… that should be The Scorch Trials” he spoke and went out of his cashier place. “If you could give me a second to search for the book” I nodded rather idiotically which made him chuckle, again.

 

   I stood there awkwardly while observing the bookstore. It had a western vibe as western songs keep playing in the audio. The unexpected came when my favourite song was played. “Oh my god” I whispered to myself, literally in disbelief as I heard Daya’s Sit Still, Look Pretty. The moment the chorus played in, my hips started to move in movements I would never made again as a boy snickered from the front door.

 

   The boy was the most gorgeous man I had ever seen in ages. He was wearing a white hoodie paired with a tight jean. His hair was a messy nest but it gave him the bad boy vibe, his skin complexion and texture was better than mine, and his figure looked like a model’s. His lips formed a smirk as he saw me dance for god knows how long, and that was when I noticed the boy’s eyes bore into mine. His cheeks flashed in red and that moment made me realised for a fact that he was drunk.

 

   “Hey, lady. Your dance was gross” he pointed his slender index finger towards me, making me uneased. Sure, he watched me dance. So what? Was it so bad that he looked like he was about to puke?

 

   A few moments of thinking inside of my own small mind made me realised that he was already a few inches near me. Can I confess now? He was…..very good looking plus gorgeous plus finger go--- what did I just said. Sumin, you did not….

 

   Too bad his handsome face went horrid and ugly for only a few seconds when he did the first thing that annoyed me. The thing that I wish I could drag him to hell for that.

 

   He is the most stupid guy on Earth to act so irresponsibly. He puked on my favourite Nike sneakers. Dang it, I bought it last week from my 5-months saving.

 

  “Dang it, stranger!” I mouthed out. He was there, kneeing on the floor. Before he could puke any further, I did the unexpected. Kim Sumin, the introverted and shy from an all-girls school dragged a man, touched a man, outside of the bookstore. Before I went out, I could hear the cashier’s voice fading, probably confused why I went out and probably he founded my most wanted book.

 

   “For a stranger, you sure irked me. I like everyone, you know” I muttered out to the stranger who was 50% conscious and 50% not.

 

   “You are heavy and you know it” I shouted to him as I released him to the ground. I took off my dirty Nike, poor Nike, and kept it into a plastic bag I asked from the nearby stall.

 

   “I know I am heavy, because my heart is heavier than my body and soul” he spoke out rather so suddenly. We were sitting on a bench near the lonely street. The lamppost was rather alive nor dead as the lights it emits was somehow blinking. I looked at him, the stranger, whose eyes now were opened, or he tried to open it by force.

 

   “You know why my heart is heavy? Necause of them” he pointed to the empty streets. Who was he referring to? “They ruined me. Both of them, stupid adults who think they own the world, and who think they owned me. Obnoxious parents” he explained, looking straight into the lonely streets. How could I not figure it out that he was talking about his parents? Poor guy.

 

   Before I could respond to his sad confession, he turned his head towards me and I could see his eyes were full of sadness as tears welled into his eyes. “How about yours? Are they the perfect parents like everybody else’s?” he asked. It doesn’t take me for a moment before I answered with confidence, although it was a blunt lie “Yes”. His eyes went deeper into sadness but changed as my next answer surprised him. “but they passed away on a fire when I was a child. Now, I am living with an aunt who rarely acknowledged my existence because she was more preoccupied on other things in her life. I was never in the picture since 8 years ago”

 

   Truth be told, I felt a weigh had been released from my heart after saying the ugly truth I had always wanted to say since 8 years ago. My aunt never cared about me in a way that she treated me like I was never in the house. When she brought a man home, they always do their own business as if I was never there. When the men he brought asked who am I, she said to ignore me and they started partying. “She was one complicated aunt but, I believe she always had a soft heart for me on her. Or probably, a hope” I finished in one breath, forgetting the fact that now, the stranger’s lips were inches away. His gaze was fierce into my eyes.

 

   “We both have things in common and I like it, lady” he smiled and my heart skips a beat. I blushed as the side effect and moved farther from him only to be pushed closer by his muscular arms. “You know, my parents, they tried to control me. They pushed me since I was a kid and turned me into something I believed was not me. People know me as the Oh Sehun who was perfect in many areas, football, study and dating but truth is, I am good at it but never fond of one of the above, except with the dating part” I snorted as he made a seductive smile when he emphasised the dating part, “yeah, I am good with girls” he claimed.

 

   I pushed my hands towards his chest, making me farther. “Sure you did” I snorted, again. Now, why am I like this? Being immature was not my style.

 

   “You have beautiful eyes and I can’t stop looking away from it” ba dump

 

   “your hair is so soft and it smelt good” he ran his fingers between my soft hair and released my hairbend, another ba dump,

 

   “don’t tie your hair, you look incredibly beautiful” ba dump

 

   “your lips, I want to touch it” his fingers caressed my lips slowly, ba dump.

 

   My face went red as tomatoes and my heart rate went faster. Before I could count my heart beat and did stupid things, he did another thing that irked me.

 

He kissed me.

 

 

“Your lips, they are soft” and there he goes, he passed out.

 

 

But I …

 

ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump

 

That was my …

 

Ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump ba dump

 

 

 

First kiss since birth.