the horror movie

halloween antics

part 5/5: the horror movie

 

Sehun feels a gust of wind and shudders. It’s nearly pitch black out now and it’s dark enough that he can barely see his own hand in front of his face. The entire neighborhood is dead silent at this point, he figures all of the children are enjoying their candy in the safety of their own homes. He nearly trips over a rock laying in the middle of the path and for once he’s thankful for having the umbrella to stop him from falling flat on his face.

“Hey, slowpoke,” Sehun calls behind his shoulder. “Pick up your feet, will you?” He hears a grunt behind him and turns around, letting out a small laugh when he sees Jongin struggling to drag the pillowcase that looks like it’s about to burst any minute. Sehun wonders how many litres worth of candy he’s dragging behind him. Perhaps maybe five? Six? Six at most.

“Shut it,” Jongin wheezes, letting go of the sack. He moves to sling it over his shoulder before Sehun runs over and stops him. “You’ll break your back,” the latter says before reaching out and grabbing it. “Seriously, have some common sense.”

You carry it then,” Jongin snaps in a mildly irritated tone. Sehun can tell he’s getting tired and he doesn’t blame him. Spending an entire night out with screaming, hyperactive children clad in costumes would leave him feeling exhausted as well. He nods before gently taking the pillowcase from Jongin’s aching hand and carefully slinging it over his shoulder, much to Jongin’s surprise. “You gonna break your own back now or what?,” he asks before moving his fingers in all directions in an attempt to ease the cramping in his right hand.

“I think I speak for both of us when I say I’m far more careful than you are,” Sehun says but there’s rudeness in his voice. “Here, take my umbrella.” He reaches out with his free hand and ruffles Jongin’s hair when the latter takes the umbrella with a pout.

They arrive home a minute or so later.  Jongin skips up the stairs leading to the front porch and taps his foot eagerly, waiting for Sehun to unlock the door. “I love how your mood instantly went from rock bottom to chirpy as hell as soon as you handed this goddamned thing to me,” Sehun says and grunts when he feels a painful strain in his arm. “Hey, reach into my pocket and get out the keys, will you?”

“Well yeah,” Jongin says, sticking his hand in Sehun’s suit pocket and retrieving the keys. “My arm was cramping like hell and I can barely move my fingers,” he adds while handing Sehun the keys. Sehun wordlessly unlocks the door before throwing it open and stumbling inside, the weight of the pillowcase momentarily making him lose his balance. He leans against the wall while attempting to (half-assedly) untie the laces on his shoes and place the umbrella in a corner at the same time.

“Okay,” he says, fingers tangled around his shoelaces. “Take it easy now, alright? Let’s sit down and relax for a bit and remove our costumes before getting to the ca-”


“Wow Sehunnie, I got like thirty lollipops! Come look! Come look!,” Sehun hears Jongin’s voice somewhere in the distance and blinks because how the hell did Jongin manage to get from the hallway to the kitchen so fast? He was right next to Sehun just a second ago, for God’s sake! He mentally facepalms, kicking off his left shoe; not even bothering to untie it fully before heading off into the kitchen. Jongin is sitting on his knees on one of the chairs in the kitchen, hovering above the gigantic colorful mountain of candy spread across the entire table. The pillowcase is laying discarded in a corner and Sehun sighs before walking over and picking it up. “Hey, at least throw it in the laundry first, okay? It’ll get dirty. Hey, are you even listening to me?”

“Look at all this candy, Sehunnie,” Jongin says dreamily with stars in his eyes. “Bet you regret not asking for anything, huh?”

Sehun blinks and slowly shakes his head. He’s definitely not tired anymore. “No, not re-”

“Aren’t you getting hungry?,” Jongin asks. “My mouth is watering just looking at this.”

With a chuckle, Sehun slowly walks over to Jongin and stands behind him. “Nah, not really. But I’m happy as hell for you. Good job.” He leans down and plants a loving kiss on Jongin’s cheek and pulls back when he tastes Jongin’s tattoo on his tongue. “Damn it,” he says between splutters, running to the sink.

Jongin hums to himself, neatly organizing his candy and placing every piece in a respective pile. He counts the amount of candy in each pile and beams when he’s finished. “542 pieces! Sehunnie, I collected over 500 pieces of candy tonight!”

“That’s real damn nice,” Sehun says sarcastically, rinsing and spitting. His saliva is red colored and he wrinkles his nose in disgust before turning off the faucet and walking back to Jongin. “Sorry, I was busy washing your disgusting- tattoo out of my mouth. What’d you say? How many did you-”

“542!,” Jongin squeals, proudly gesturing to the startlingly big amount of piles neatly separated from each other on the table. “Hey, you know what. Since you’ve been good to me all day and everything I’ll let you pick one!”

Sehun blinks. “O-okay. Uh.” He leans over the table and carefully inspects every single pile. Chocolate, lollipops, gummy treats, candy jewelry, cotton candy, a chocolate Santa (Sehun wonders how on Earth someone managed to mistake Halloween for Christmas), wrapped chewies, a gigantic mountain of unwrapped candy corn, orange and black candy shaped like cats, skulls, pumpkins and God knows what, pumpkin flavored chewing gum (Sehun nearly wretches) and chocolate eyeballs lay in neat piles beneath him and he furrows his eyebrows. “I’ll take this one, if that’s okay,” he says after a minute and picks up a gummy worm. “May I?,” he asks, dangling the treat in front of Jongin’s face.

“Sure,” Jongin says and grabs Sehun’s wrist when the latter makes a move to put it in his mouth. “I’ll feed it to you.”

“Damn you Jongin, must you always go and make things so compl- oomph!” Sehun doesn’t even get to finish his sentence before Jongin proceeds to put, or, to be more exact, forcefully stuff the gummy worm in Sehun’s mouth, roaring with laughter when the latter stares at him with an unamused look on his face with the gummy worm hanging halfway out of his mouth. Sehun reaches up and puts the entire worm in his mouth, walking to the bathroom and dumping Jongin’s dirty pillowcase in the laundry basket. He returns to the kitchen and almost has a heart attack when Jongin pops out from behind the door with a ’boo!’,  stumbling back and nearly slipping.

 

“What the hell,” Sehun starts and puts a hand on his chest, “is with you tonight? You haven’t even had any candy yet, how the hell are you so hyperactive?”


“I had a few buckets of candy floss an hour or so ago,” Jongin says before slumping back down on his chair again. “Come.”

Sehun raises an eyebrow and takes a step forward. “What is it now? I need to change out of my su-” He, again, doesn’t get to finish his sentence and lets out a surprised yelp when Jongin grabs his wrists once he’s within reach and proceeds to pull Sehun towards him, wrapping his arms around the latter’s waist and leaning his face on Sehun’s chest. Sehun blinks, trying to process what just happened before Jongin’s tousled hair. “Hey, watch your tattoo! I don’t want any red stains on me; seriously, this undershirt cost a fortune.”

“Thanks for doing this for me,” Jongin sighs happily, pressing his face against Sehun’s chest . “This whole thing, taking me to buy a costume and the haunted house and the candy collecting, it really means a lot. You’re the best.”

“No need to thank me Jongin,” Sehun says, putting his hands Jongin’s shoulders. “I’d never disappoint you, you know that, don’t you? I love seeing you happy.”

Jongin pulls away slightly so he can look up at Sehun with doe-like eyes. Sehun thinks it looks absolutely adorable. “But it’s like…you didn’t seem to want to do it this morning and then you went out of your way to do all of this just for me.”

“Jesus Jongin, I’d go out of my way to do goddamn everything for you if it meant seeing that gorgeous as hell smile on your gorgeous as hell face,” Sehun says. “You were so smiley and excited out there and looking like you were gonna burst with genuine excitement every second, it really made me happy. I may not have looked very happy, but trust me, I was.” Sehun leans down to press a loving kiss on Jongin’s forehead, not caring whether or not his lips touch the tattoo. “Seeing you happy makes me the happiest person in the world, even if it means you making a complete and utter fool out of yourself in front of hundreds of children.”

Jongin reaches up and pokes Sehun’s side with his index finger, the latter immediately jumping back with a shriek. “Shut up, you never even talked to anyone anyway. Except for that Tom guy. How was he, by the way?”

“Tom?,” Sehun asks and his head to the left. “Ah, right, Tom. He was alright. Pretty friendly, although he asked me a billion times someone your age would be out trick-or-treating. I think he was the sixth or seventh person to ask me that tonight. That got pretty annoying after a while. God, Jongin, you bastard, don’t tickle me like that.”

Jongin watches Sehun rub at his waist and chuckles slightly. “Sorry not sorry. Anyway, are you tired?”

Sehun blinks at the sudden topic change and nods slowly. “Uh, yeah. A little, actually.”

“When you weren’t the one doing all the labor work?,” Jongin tuts in disbelief and crosses his arms, shaking his head in disappointment. He suddenly springs out of his chair, nearly scaring Sehun out of his wits. “Well that for you since I’m gonna run upstairs and start a movie. You know any good horror movies?”

“Wait, hold on a minute, hold on, who said anything about horror movies?,” Sehun says and mentally slaps himself at the lame excuse. “Don’t give me that smug- look, you numbskull. For God’s sake, Jongin, it’s half past eleven!”

“So what? I bet there are seven year olds watching cartoons right at this moment,” Jongin says with a wide smile. “Seriously Sehunnie, you haven’t watched a movie let alone a horror movie in who knows how long, come on, please!”

Sehun stays glued to the floor and lets out a deep sigh when he realizes Jongin isn’t taking no for an answer no matter how valid his excuse may be. “Fine,” Sehun says and quickly puts up a hand when Jongin proceeds to run towards him and envelope him in a bone-crushing hug. “Hold on, a few rules - we’re only watching one movie, and no getting crumbs and wrappers all over the couch and floor, understand? I don’t want a cleaning spree to be the first thing I have to do when I wake up tomorrow morning. And-”

Jongin nods eagerly before grabbing Sehun’s hand. “Come on, let’s go!”

“You didn’t let me finish,” Sehun chuckles, giving Jongin’s hand a small squeeze. “Third rule, we need to change into our pyjamas and get the hell out of our costumes before we do anything else. Seriously, these glasses are squeezing the hell out of my temples and these pants itch like crazy.”

“What, seriously? You’re so annoying sometimes, I hate you,” Jongin whines before walking to the bathroom and closing the door behind him. Sehun hears the faucet running a second later and sighs before proceeding to remove his glasses. He sets them on the table next to him, being careful to avoid messing up the piles Jongin created earlier. He spots Jongin’s phone laying face down on the table and he walks over, pressing the home button to check the time and chuckles softly when the picture Jongin took of them both hours earlier greets him. Walking towards the hallway, he hears a small yelp coming from the bathroom and he shakes his head in amusement before sliding his suit jacket off and hanging it on a clothes hanger. With a slight tug, he slips his undershirt over his head and throws it in the laundry basket. It lands with a soft thud on top of Jongin’s used pillowcase. He walks back to the kitchen and s his pants, carefully folding them and gently placing them on one of the chairs. He’s about to turn around and walk into their bedroom to fetch some clean clothes when he suddenly hears a high-pitched noise from behind him, nearly scaring him half to death. He whirls around and sees Jongin standing by the door and covering his eyes.

“Jesus ,” Sehun breathes, covering his chest. “That’s the second time you scared the out of me. What’s the matter, why are you covering your eyes? Did you get the tattoo stuff in your eyes? Hey, what’s the problem?”

“I…wasn’t expecting to see you like this,” Jongin says quietly before slowly removing his hands from his face. His tattoo is gone and his entire face is wiped clean.

Sehun bites his lip in annoyance. “Let me get this straight - you creep up behind me and proceed to scare me out of my wits because my bare- body made you freak out? Seriously Jongin, you’ve seen me , you’ve seen my  for God’s sake, what’s so bad about this?”

“I know, I know,” Jongin says before Sehun can say anything else. “I just wasn’t expecting to…I mean, you were fully clothed just a minute ago and…nevermind.”

“Are we watching the movie on your laptop or on the TV?,” Sehun asks, desperately feeling the need to change the subject. Jongin beams at the mention of movies and furrows his eyebrows in contemplation. “Hm, on my laptop I think, since watching it in front of the TV is so incredibly unromantic.”

Sehun shrugs and runs a hand through his hair. “I guess, but it’s more…what do you say…movie-like? If we watch it in front of the TV.”

Jongin pouts. “But we’re supposed to watch it together!”

“We’re still watching it together if we’re in front of the TV,” Sehun retorts and puts his hands up. “But it’s your choice, I’ll go with whatever you want.”

“Why go with something you don’t like?,” Jongin asks with a confused expression. “I mean, I want this to be fun for you as well. Why settle for what I want to do if you don’t like it?”

“Because I love you so darn much,” Sehun simply says before walking over and cupping Jongin’s face in his hands, squeezing his cheeks together and looking into his eyes. “You know that, right?”

Jongin blushes and tries looking away with little success as Sehun holds his face in place. “Move or I’ll poke both sides of your waist,” Jongin mumbles between Sehun’s palms and chuckles to himself when Sehun instantly lets go and takes three steps back, nearly colliding with the chair behind him. “Don’t you dare touch me.”

“You keep asking for it, it’s funny,” Jongin says before over to the cupboard and retrieving a big bowl. “This should do it,” he squeals, shutting the pantry door. He takes a step towards the kitchen table and proceeds to dump every piece of candy into the bowl. He holds it up in triumph when it’s filled to the very brim and groans when a lollipop falls out of the bowl and hits the floor with a dull thud.

“Hold on, I thought I told you not to eat everything tonight, didn’t I?,” Sehun says when he emerges from the bedroom, pulling a clean shirt over his head. “Seriously, Jongin,” he says with a groan when the latter smirks at him. “You’re going to get sick if you eat all that. Christ, you have enough candy for a whole month in that thing. And I’d much rather not wake up at four in the morning and assist you when you’re bent over the toilet seat and vomiting your lungs out.”

“Thanks for the imagery,” Jongin says in a disgusted tone before brushing past Sehun and walking towards the bedroom. “Anyway, I’ll eat as much as I can, okay? I’ll leave at least half of it, I promise! Come along now, I hate waiting!”

“Try leaving at least two thirds of it, okay? I mean, you will anyway but still,” Sehun says, dragging a hand over his face and following Jongin.

Jongin leaps onto their shared king sized bed and leans over the edge, reaching under the bed and retrieving his laptop. He sits up in the middle of the bed and places the computer in his lap, motioning for Sehun to sit next to him. Sehun slowly crawls onto the bed and joins Jongin, rubbing circles into the latter’s back as they wait for the the screen to load. It does, after some time, and Jongin quickly types in his password before clicking on the Internet icon.

“So,” he says, turning to Sehun who’s resting his head on Jongin’s shoulder. “What shall we watch?”

“I know like, nothing about horror movies whatsoever,” Sehun says, lifting his head and planting a kiss on the side of Jongin’s neck. “You pick.”

“But I know so many good ones,” Jongin whines. “Hey, do you like home invasion movies?”

“The hell’s that,” Sehun mumbles while wrapping an arm around Jongin’s waist, pulling him closer. He reaches over and steals a piece of candy from Jongin’s bowl, much to the latter’s unamusement.

“Stop that,” Jongin says, slapping Sehun’s hand away. “Mine! I earned this, you should’ve earned your own candy. Anyway, the home invasion genre is basically people breaking into other people’s homes to stalk and or kill them. I know a ton of good movies like that!”

“Sounds…scary,” Sehun says between chews. “Hey, new rule, no screaming your head off at jumpscares. Alright?”

Jongin blinks at him. “Huh?”

“No seriously,” Sehun deadpans. “I mean it. I’ll go deaf, I swear. And I know how loud you can be sometimes. And I’m not just talking about when we watch creepy- movies.”

“Shut your face, God!,” Jongin squawks. “You’re such a . Anyway, I picked this one. Hey, get your face outta my neck and look at the screen!” He pushes Sehun’s torso away from him and points at the screen. “How does that one look?”

“It’s got good ratings, it seems,” Sehun says with a shrug. “Sure, let’s go for that one.”

Jongin clicks the movie into full screen mode before hopping off the bed and running to turn off the lights. Sehun hisses when the bright light emitting from the computer screen hits him square in the face, hands reaching up to cover his eyes. “A warning, please?”

“Sorry,” Jongin says in the most unapologetic tone Sehun has ever heard. He watches as Jongin jogs to the dresser and proceeds to take off his shirt.

“Why didn’t you just change earlier?,” Sehun moans in disbelief, burying his face in his hands. “You’ll miss some of it now.”

“Hold your horses,” Jongin says, quickly slipping off his checkered shirt and replacing it with a baby blue one. He fixes his hair before crawling back into bed next to Sehun, fumbling around and accidentally kicking the latter in the shin while trying to get comfortable. “Remember,” Sehun says, rubbing the sore spot on his lower leg. “No scr-”

Gaaaaah!”

“That wasn’t even a jumpscare, you idiot!”

“I wasn’t expecting it!,” Jongin breathes, trying to recover from the shock. “I mean, that person just popped out from nowhere!” He looks at Sehun. “Did I hit you? Sorry.”

“That’s okay, it’s not like it hurt too bad or anything,” Sehun says under his breath while rubbing at his jaw that Jongin just so happened to smack when he jumped back. “Seriously, try to calm down. Don’t get scared by everything,please. For your sake. And the neighbors. But mostly my sake.”

Jongin shrugs, reaching for the candy bowl and groaning when he realizes it’s just out of reach. Not taking his eyes off the computer screen, he gets on all fours and reaches out, grabbing the bowl and nearly crushing Sehun’s foot in the process. He sits back down and puts the bowl in his lap before proceeding to stuff his face with chocolate. They’re watching (and listening to) a back story, presumably the main character’s and Jongin squints when the screen nearly goes completely dark. The sound suddenly fades out and he stuffs another piece of chocolate in his mouth.

“Jongin,” Sehun warns when the sound doesn’t return and silence fills the room. “Don’t-”

He doesn’t get to finish when the sound suddenly returns in the form of a loud boom accompanied by a rather terrifying looking face taking up the entire screen. Sehun only gets a second to process what he’s seeing when he feels something hard hit him in the face from all directions, closely followed by a not-so-manly scream. He splutters, rubbing at his face and puts a hand to his chest to regain control of his pulse, breathing erraticly. “Jesus,” Sehun breathes. “What the goddamn hell was that.” He blinks, regaining his composure and keeping his gaze fixated on the screen before him. He nearly jumps out of his skin when he feels what he assumes is something crawling under his legs and he lets out a yelp.

“I spilled my candy all over the damn bed,” Jongin whispers. “Move your leg, I think you’re sitting on one of my chocolates.”

“Correction,” Sehun says while lifting his leg slightly. “You got scared less and threw your darn candy all over my face. I think I got the edge of a wrapper in my eye.”

“Sorry,” Jongin whispers before retrieving the piece of candy from under Sehun’s thigh and shushing him, turning his attention back to the screen. “Jesus, she’s not gonna look in there, is she? Jesus, lady, don’t look in the damn basement! Jesusinghelldon'tlookinthebasementwhatthehelliswrongwithyou!”

“The goddamn lights just went out and she decides it’s a good idea to look in the freaking basement?!,” Sehun exclaims in awe, reaching into Jongin’s candy bowl and swiping a toffee. “She’s the dumbest character in the wo- ah! God damn it!

“Jesus I hate this and I hate her,” Jongin mumbles, voice trembling as he follows the girl on the screen with his eyes. “Come on, can’t she be smart for once in her damn life?!”

“Listen, can we lower the volume?,” Sehun asks before leaning forward and moving to press the volume button. Jongin slaps his hand away.

“Are you scared, Sehunnie?,” Jongin teases, watching the events unfold befor with wide eyes.

Sehun rolls his eyes, covering his eyes with his hands. “Says the one hiding behind his candy bowl.”

“Shut up, I can hardly hear what they’re saying,” Jongin complains, leaning closer to the screen and lowering his head closer to the speakers. A sudden booming sound accompanied by a loud jumpscare sends him flying backwards, nearly colliding with Sehun’s jaw, again. Jongin looks over his shoulder and lets out a shriek at the graphic sight of a dead body before diving into Sehun’s lap and wrapping his arms around the latter’s waist, occasionally peeking over his shoulder at the screen. Sehun instinctively wraps his own arms tightly around Jongin’s torso, hiding half of his face behind the latter’s shoulder as he watches the gruesome events unfold in front of them. Jongin’s almost completely in Sehun’s lap at this point and Sehun doesn’t make a move to push him off despite being very aware of the fact that his entire face is in danger. The sudden sound of a chainsaw makes them both flinch and Jongin buries his entire face in Sehun’s neck while the latter opts to keeping one eye shut.

The room is dead silent save for the piercing sound of the saw and the air is slowly getting colder and colder as the night passes by. Sehun holds onto Jongin while the latter munches on his candy behind Sehun’s back. He’s barely even watching the movie, ¾ of his vision is cut off by Jongin’s shoulder (not that he’s complaining) and the slippery sounds of Jongin on a lollipop right next to his ear does nothing to help him concentrate. He squeezes his eyes shut and grabs Jongin tighter when they approach the end of the movie, closing his eyes just in time to save himself from witnessing a girl being brutally sliced in half (he lowkey wishes he covered his ears as well, though.) and shudders slightly before the end credits roll up on the screen. He slowly lets go of Jongin who only mumbles a ‘is it over yet?’, lollipop hanging halfway out of his mouth. Sehun nods. “It’s over. Hell, it was gory.”

Jongin reaches up to pluck the lollipop out of his mouth so he can speak properly. “That was the best and the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life.”

“Tch, you pussied out after twenty minutes,” Sehun says with a smack to Jongin’s arm, nearly sending the lollipop flying out of his hand.

“Did not!,” Jongin tries but quiets down when he sees Sehun’s disbelieving stare. “Okay, I did. But I did it for you, alright? You told me not to scream and I knew I wouldn’t be able to hold it in if I watched, so I didn’t.”

“Excuses, excuses,” Sehun sing-songs before leaning in and pressing his lips on Jongin’s. He tastes like a combination of chocolate, toffee and candy corn and Sehun is surprised at how much he likes it.

“Oof, get off my damn lap,” Sehun grunts after pulling away. “You’re crushing me to bits.”

“No, I’m comfy,” Jongin says and proceeds to hold on to Sehun’s waist even tighter when the latter uncrosses his legs with a pained groan. Both his legs have fallen asleep, much to his discomfort. He moves to stand up and close the laptop, groaning when Jongin proceeds to cling onto him like a baby koala.

“Jongin,” Sehun says, leaning forward and trying to reach for the computer. “Move it or I’ll-” 

His sentence is abruptly cut off when Jongin’s weight around his torso makes him lose his balance and he falls forward, both of them letting out a yelp of surprise when they tumble down and fall onto the bed with a thud. Jongin lands on his back with a soft 'oof’, right arm still wrapped around Sehun’s waist, resulting in the latter falling right on top of him with a moan of discomfort. Sehun mentally facepalms before using his arms to hover above Jongin who erupts into a fit of giggles, the lollipop falling and hitting the back of his mouth as he laughs. “Again, you have absolutely no common sense whatsoever,” Sehun says in disbelief while removing the lollipop from Jongin’s open mouth before he can choke on it. “Don’t lay down on your back with food in your mouth, you could’ve choked to death.”

Jongin shrugs before looking up at Sehun with twinkling eyes. “What did you like the most about the movie?”

Sehun blinks. “Um,” he starts, choosing to keep his gaze fixated on the wall to the right. “I’m not really sure. Perhaps the last scene?”

“What happened?”

“Well…the main lead got sliced to bits with a chainsaw, I think you heard it, right?”

Jongin nods. “Ew.”

“I’ll say,” Sehun thinks and shudders. “But you didn’t even watch it so don’t say anything.”

“I was busy smelling you,” Jongin says and lets out another laugh when Sehun just stares at him. “You smell really good, don’t worry,” he adds before rolling over and reaching for a piece of candy laying a few inches away. His Halloween candy is scattered all over the bed and it wouldn’t come as a surprise to him at all if it turns out he’s currently laying on more than half of it. Sehun quickly slaps his hand away when he sees Jongin stretching his hand out and attempting to grab the toffee. 

“No,” Sehun chuckles. “You’ve had enough. Way more than enough for tonight.”

“But Sehunnie, I barely ate anything,” Jongin whines and rolls over again. This time Sehun grabs his wrist and pins his hand above his head. 

“Seriously, you’re gonna get sick if you eat any more, I mean it.”

“Just one more? One little piece? Just one toff-”

“No.”

“You’re mean,” Jongin whines and squirms. “Hey, I have a question.”

“Shoot.”

“What was your favorite part about tonight?”

Sehun blinks, a little taken aback. “Huh? You mean anything?”

Jongin nods, the usual happiness returning to his eyes. “Yeah. Let me guess, it was meeting that Tom dude, right? Lemme guess, you’re best friends now, huh?”

Sehun shakes his head. “Good guess, but nope.”

Jongin furrows his eyebrows and thinks again. “Oh, I know! It was pranking me into thinking I was gonna get caramel apples at that weird- house and nearly scaring the living daylights out of me.”

“I’ll admit, that was pretty darn funny,” Sehun says and nods in agreement. “But it wasn’t my favorite part.”

“Okay well…was it watching me embarrass myself in front of all those children then?,” Jongin asks and slightly averts his gaze in embarrassment.

“Nope. It was hilarious, yeah, but not my favorite part at all.”

“Fine, fine. Uh. Watching me scream my head off at every little thing that appeared on the screen?,” Jongin tries again, eyebrows furrowing even deeper when Sehun only laughs and shakes his head. 

“Okay,” Jongin says after a minute, putting his free hand up in defeat. “I give up. Tell me, what was your favorite part about tonight and all this?”

“Are you sure you don’t know what it is?,” Sehun asks with a questioning glint in his eyes, much to Jongin’s confusion. 

“I think I’ve made it pretty clear that I don’t have the slightest cl- oh! I got it, it was talking with Ciara, wasn’t it? I knew it!”

Sehun blinks. “I barely even talked to her. She gravitated towards you and only you like the entire damn time we were with them.”

“Then I give up!,” Jongin exclaims. “Tell me, please.”

“My favorite part about tonight,” Sehun says, leaning in closer to Jongin’s face. “Was getting to spend it with you.”

Jongin blinks before his face breaks into an ear to ear grin. He beams up at Sehun. “Really?”

“I said it before and I’ll say it again,” Sehun says, leaning in even closer. “Seeing you so damn happy and excited, hearing you laugh like you did all day today, you being your perfect, cute and funny self, makes me the happiest person in the entire world. I’m so glad I spent today and tonight with you. I had so much fun.”

“Stop being so cheesy, Sehun, God,” Jongin says, free hand reaching up to lightly bat at Sehun’s chest. A warm feeling surges through his entire body when he looks up and is met with Sehun’s eyes and Jongin swears he’s never seen them look so mellow and honest before. A lock of Sehun’s hair brushes against his forehead when the latter leans in so close that they can feel each other’s breath. Jongin gulps, a constricting feeling tugging at his heart before quickly turning his face away. He’s extremely thankful for the darkness concealing his blush.

“I…I had fun too. I mean, it was kinda boring that you didn’t collect any candy but hey, you can have what’s left of mine if you wanna! I mean this morning I felt really crappy since I felt as if I was basically forcing you into all this but hearing you say this now makes me feel really relieved and happy. I was afraid you’d think I was being silly and weird as hell for wanting to do this and I just,” he slowly trails off and goes quiet for a long time, keeping his gaze fixated on the wall to his left. He suddenly sits up and wraps both arms around Sehun’s neck, pulling him in as much as he can. He inhales Sehun’s natural scent for a couple of seconds before speaking again. “Damn it Sehun, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you.”

Sehun blinks at the unexpected contact but quickly warms up to Jongin’s touch. He slowly Jongin’s hair with his right hand while his left hand reaches up to lovingly rub his cheek. “I was mainly scared of coming off as boring since I never do this stuff, and because I was worried people’d regard me as weird or childish since I always thought Halloween wasn’t for adults,” he mumbles into Jongin’s neck. “But your perfect-as-usual personality as well as your conversation with Ciara changed my mind.”

Jongin suddenly pulls away. “Oh, about that thing I said before wh- nevermind,” he quickly says, turning his face away and averting his gaze.

Sehun raises an eyebrow. “What?”

“Nothing, forget it.”

“Are you…referring to the thing you said about wanting kids?,” Sehun asks in a soothing tone, playing with a strand of Jongin’s hair. 

The latter nods and mentally slaps himself when he realizes it’s too dark for Sehun to see. “Yeah.”

“Well,” Sehun says with a chuckle before dipping down so his breath is ghosting over the shell of Jongin’s ear, voice dropping two octaves. “We could try.”

Jongin lets out a surprised squawk before reaching up and lightly hitting Sehun in the face. “Damn you Sehun, always so cheesy and unromantic,” he says, reaching above him and somehow managing to close the laptop. The room is plunged into total darkness and Jongin shivers, memories of the haunted house returning. “Jesus, I keep thinking of the damn house.”

“You mean where I literally saved our asses from ending up lost and getting murdered by crazy- clowns?” Sehun says before getting off of Jongin and rolling over to his side of the bed. Jongin smacks him on the arm. “Go brush your teeth,” Sehun says, lightly smacking Jongin’s . “Before you suffer from a cavity in every single tooth.”

“I don’t wanna.”

“Do it.”

“Too tired.”

"Jongin!"

"No!"

“You’ll end up with a massive toothache tomorrow morning,” Sehun warns before shrugging and plopping down on his back, pulling the covers over him. He’s too tired to care at this point, the fatigue hitting him like a steam engine and he stretches his entire body before yawning. “Oh well, suit yourself, lazy-.”

Jongin rolls his eyes and turns his face away so Sehun won’t see the smile slowly erupting on his face. With some effort, he manages to unplug the laptop charger from the wall and places the computer under his side of the bed. He’s also feeling worn out, the side effects of their non-stop all-day antics gradually creeping up on him and he lets out a yawn before crawling under the covers and scootching as close as he can to Sehun. 

“Hey, you have your own side, you know,” Sehun says with his face pressed into his pillow.

“It’s cold and you’re warm as hell,” Jongin whines before leaning in and kissing Sehun’s neck. It truly is cold in the room and he shivers, pulling Sehun closer to him and hugging him as tight as he can. “Hey,” he says after a few minutes of silence. Sitting up, he lightly taps Sehun’s shoulder. “What would you do if I asked you to celebrate Halloween with me next year?”

“If it means getting to see that smile on your face all day like I did today,” Sehun says low in his throat. “Then by all means.”

Jongin feels his entire chest swell with happiness and he lays back down. “You’ll get to,” he says. “But only on one condition, you need to participate in the trick-or-treating.”

“Deal,” Sehun says, voice laced with fatigue. “I promise.”

“Can’t wait,” Jongin says before proceeding to gently run his fingertips down the small of Sehun’s back. “Good night, see you tomorrow.”

“That’s if you don’t wake up in three hours with not only a massive toothache, but a massive stomachache as well,” Sehun chuckles into his pillow. 

“I won’t, don’t worry,” Jongin says with a tired laugh. He barely manages to utter the words 'I love you’ before his eyes flutter shut and he drifts off into a deep slumber, holding Sehun close with a smile on his face.

THE END.