Small Little Goals

Today...For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum opened his eyes to see her all cuddled up in his arms. He smiled tightening his arms around her petite body. He her cheeks contentedly before giving her gentle kisses, waking her up. 

 

Jisoo was woken up by Jaebum’s kisses and his whole body on top of hers. She thought that he was not satisfied with their first time, that he seemed to want to do it a second time, “Jaebum?” Jisoo whispered while he attempted to make a mark on her neck. 

 

“Hm?” He broke away to look at her and saw her scared puppy eyes. 

 

“Is it okay? To do it again so fast?” She asked rendering Jaebum stunned. She was genuinely wanting to know if it was alright for them to do it the second time but that was very cute to him that glommed her.

 

To Jaebum’s ears, it was a request to do it again. He couldn’t help himself at how cute she was and he had planned to correct his mistakes from the first time, and thus, Im Jaebum found a way to take full advantage of Kim Jisoo’s first time. 

 

––•••––

 

–– Yi En, mama will be in Seoul in a few hours. I will stay for a few days to conduct some business. I hope you are well behave, I will come see you at school. –– 

 

Mark clicked his tongue. What could he do about this? His mom coming to the school. She would definitely stay with him, which was why she left a message telling him beforehand to not bring anyone over. If she was to stay, then why would she want to come see him at school? He sighed when it struck him. It was done deliberately. She came to see Lee Jooyoung. 

 

“Do I surrender, or do I forward?” He asked himself while playing a one man baduk game.  At this time, he suddenly wanted to talk to Im Jaebum. Even though Im Jaebum seemed to not like him, Mark considered him as someone that he could talk to and somehow pissing Jaebum off made him feel a bit better. It often made his muddle thoughts became clearer. 

 

––•••––

 

It was still very early in the morning, the sun hadn’t came out. Jaebum let out a loud sigh while holding on tight to Jisoo’s hand while he walked her back home. He didn’t want to leave yet, he was expecting them to stay for the whole day. Kwangsoo suddenly called and said he’d come and pick them up, there was an emergency at home. He was even more pissed after hearing the news. Wait until I’m more grown. I can do whatever I want. 

 

Jisoo who followed after watched his broad back and felt his tight grip on her hand, smiled happily without looking ahead. When he stopped suddenly, she bumped into his back and let out a yelp. 
 

“You alright?” He asked glancing back to see her groaning and cringing, “Sorry–“

 

“Who?” Asked a semi high pitched voice. 

 

Jaebum cleared his throat and Jisoo slowly poke her head out from his side to see a figure of a young man on his bike. The young man too was leaning to his side to peeked at her. 

 

“Girlfriend?” he asked when he noticed how tight Jaebum held onto Jisoo’s hand. 

 

Jaebum nodded. He cleared his throat to introduce them to each other when he saw her curiously peeking while nudging on his shirt, “My cousin, Jinyoung.” 

 

“Hi!” Jinyoung said with a smile. 

 

“H-hi.” Jisoo smiled back, “Jisoo, Kim Jisoo.” 

 

When Jisoo had wondered why Jinyoung was there Jaebum answered it immediately, “He is Park Jinyoung, my cousin from my mom side. He lives around here, I used to live with them.” 

 

Jinyoung nodded happily, “Ah, hyung, where are you going at this time of the night?” Jinyoung paused before taking another peek at Jisoo but she hid her face behind Jaebum, “And with your girlfriend…” 

 

“The lake house.” Jaebum answered and Jinyoung awed, realizing what it meant. Jaebum squinted at him and asked, “You, running away from home again?” 

 

Jinyoung nodded. 

 

“Why?” 

 

Jinyoung pointed to his head, “cluttered mind.” 

 

Jaebum nodded, “I won’t tell aunty.” 

 

Jinyoung smiled and nodded, understanding the situation. He then responded, “I won’t tell a soul.” 

 

“Okay, then we’ll leave–“

 

“Hyung.” Jinyoung suddenly called, “Do you need me to…”

 

“Hm?” Jaebum was confused, but knowing Jinyoung, it was probably something mischievous that he was about to say. 

 

“You know there’s a convenient store nearby…” Jinyoung smirked, “You want me to go and get you some rubber–“ 

 

“Park Jinyoung.” Jaebum called with his deepest voice and Jisoo was a bit confused when she heard the word ‘rubber’. She didn’t know that it was a term used to mean condoms. Jaebum then gulped, “We’re from the lake house, going back home.” 

 

“Oh!” Jinyoung exclaimed loudly, further embarrassing Jaebum. 

 

Jaebum took in a deep breath with eyes closed to stop himself from lashing out in the middle of the road. He said as a threaten, “I think I’m going to give aunt Jinkyung a visit tomorrow–“

 

“I’m joking, I’m joking! I’m leaving now!” Jinyoung sighed and said, “Hyung take care. Nice meeting you Jisoo-shi. Bye.” Bidding them farewell before biking away. 

 

That was the first time Jisoo met Jaebum’s most endearing cousin. That was also Jinyoung first time meeting his cousin’s first and only love. 

 

 

“Jaebum.” Jisoo whispered. 

 

“I’ll send you to Sohee.” He said, “If I send you home to your parents, they’ll know about us together.” 

 

Jisoo nodded, “Jaebum.” She nudged him, “Will you come to school tomorrow?” 

 

He stopped, “I’m sorry, I won’t be in school for the next few days. Don’t wait for me.” 

 

Jisoo pouted disappointedly, “Can I call you?” 

 

“I won’t pick up.” 

 

Jisoo looked down bitterly, her hand that was gripping tightly on his, loosened, but Jaebum would not let go. 

 

“I promise I’ll return as early as I can. Kwangsoo is waiting.” He said. When he saw how dejected she looked, he leaned in and whispered, “Don’t forget to eat the chocolates. When I come back, I expect to receive all my kisses all in a day.” 

 

Jisoo smiled, responded, “I won’t eat them. So you won’t get your kisses!” 

 

Jaebum sighed, “When will you learn? You won’t win this game against me. I’ll get what I want in the end.” 

 

Jisoo scoffed, but Jaebum was in a hurry so he nudged her to move along. He let Kwangsoo take her to Sohee while he went back to the main house. 

 

––•••––

 

Mark’s mother came to South Korea for a business conference and met up with Jaebum’s father for a small request. 

 

“Bai Zhen, how nice of you to come see me.” 

 

Bai Zhen smiled, “It had been long, Gyeoul oppa.” 

 

“What bring you here?” He asked. 

 

Bai Zhen’s eyes wandered when she looked for proper words to say, “I have a request.” 

 

“What is it?” 

 

“There is a girl. She goes to the same school as your son. Her name is Lee Jooyoung,” Bai Zhen paused wondering if what she was about to do would be right, but she reasoned that it would be beneficial to both the girl and her son in the future, “I want you to help me send her away–“

 

“Bai Zhen–“

 

“I will back you up for Jaebum’s future seat in the Ok-Im Board of Directors.”

 

Gyeoul hesitated, but the lure of Jaebum’s safety in the corporation was very tempting. It would be best for Jaebum to have a big backup in the future for his own decisions. Yet, the Tuan Group was someone that Great Grandma didn’t take much of a liking to, but she needed them to sustain the Ok-Im Corporation. Gyeoul tapped on his desk and thought thoroughly. If he took the deal, then the whole Board would definitely sabotage them in someways.

 

“Gyeoul-oppa, Why do you go against your grandmother when you and her have the same goal for Jaebum?” Bai Zhen asked, she was curious on this one thing. 

 

“Grandmother, would control his whole life. He would not have his own desire, his own decisions, his own life. She will make sure of it. The Ok family, will not let him live. They want the bigger share of the corporation since the merge…” He paused then sighed, “Also, it would make Gaeul happy.” 

 

Bai Zhen smiled and nodded. 

 

“This young lady, Lee Jooyoung, what do you want me to do?” He asked, accepting their deal. 

 

“I don’t want any harm, I just want her out of the country.” 

 

“Why?” Gyeoul asked. 

 

“Yi En… have been getting too obsessed with her. It’s not good.” Bai Zhen expressed. 

 

“Yi En, is Jaebum’s age isn’t he? Isn’t it good that he has someone that he likes?–“

 

“Just not her.” Bai Zhen insisted. 

 

Gyeoul was curious, but he didn’t want to push further, so he agreed. However, he had his secretary do a little research instead. 

 

––•••––

 

After having a talk with Gyeoul, Bai Zhen went to the school to see Jooyoung. Jooyoung was startled and nervous when she saw her. But she wasn’t surprised and knew that sooner or later, she would come. 

 

“How have you been?” Bai Zhen asked with a smile. 

 

“I’m good, Madam don’t have to worry about me.” Jooyoung whispered, “I didn’t contact, or told the Young Master–“

 

“I know.” Bai Zhen said, “He came on his own. I came to see you–“

 

“I don’t want to move.” Jooyoung let out a painful plead, “I want to graduate and see my little sister.” 

 

Bai Zhen cleared feeling a bit uneasy, but reassured Jooyoung, “You will graduate from here. However, I have arranged for you to attend a university oversea. I hope you will take the opportunity and have your own life in the future.” 

 

Jooyoung desperately wanted to say no, she didn’t want to owe more debt to this family. Especially with every debt, she had to pay with her heart. Yet, she knew that this was them pushing her further away, as far away as possible. 

 

 

 

Jisoo spent her time in the piano room without Jaebum. She groaned, lazily playing the piano. She  couldn’t focus and became curious on the reason for his constant disappearances. It hurt to know that all his time would be spent at home with Jung Nami. Nami too didn’t attend classes. 

 

The door suddenly slid opened and startled her. She turned around and shouted, “Jaebum!” Her expression turned sour when she saw Mark Tuan’s mocking smile. She turned around with a cringed and hands pounding on the keys in frustration. 

 

Mark grinned as he sat down next to her, “So this is your hiding spot.” 

 

Jisoo was about to shoo him away but decided on just a quick glance when she remembered how nice he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter