To Kill Or Not To Kill

Killer: Jungkook [X You/OC] FanFic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I made it back to headquarters with my white collared uniform torn and dirtied with blood. It wasn't human blood, even though there was a high chance it could have been. Poor hound dog, but I gotta say, the deep red really brings out the brown in my eyes. It kind of contradicts the faded brown dye scattered in my hair, but the sheer black tips do make up for it.

I needed to do it, otherwise boss-man, or should I say boss-woman would have been the one barking at me. I really needed the missions pay. Angel, my little sister needs her books for school. I'm the only one she can rely on, and in this small town no one hires a minor for a job that can fund for a child. When I was young, this lifestyle was offered to me and her. I was an idiot, and now I'm stuck. Thank God, I went in this alone and kept her out of it. She wouldn't be able to handle it anyway.

Headquarters isn't really a headquarters, just a mucky basement that was abandoned in the corner of our street. It is scary time to time having to do such hard business so close to your common neighbourhood. There were no lights or windows, so it was annoying having to squint in the darkness all the time. The ceiling was pretty low too, but it didn't affect me much since I'm fairly short myself. The air was musty and you could almost see green toxins floating among my pale skin. Not to mention the stacked up bags of heroin lying in almost every corner visible.

I walked up to Min, the nearest committee member and handed over the skinned fur of the ninety centimeter hound dog and left my palm out for the cash in return.

"Now, now Luka. What? Didn't your mom teach you anything about sharing?" Min handed me half of what was promised. I gave her a deadpan glare and put the money in my school's blazer pocket, in which my gun had been stashed. I let off a small click of the hammer, letting my gun forward into shooting position. "Chill out... Here. I―It was just a joke..."

I personally had no clue why she was even scared in the first place. I was only a part of the sub factions. I had no ruling over her on the hierarchy. I took what was left of my earnings and wallowed back to my apartment, of a sort.

"Luka! You're back!" Angel jumped into my arms and cheered.

"I have a surprise for you! Sit down." I commanded, and she gleefully followed. "I can pay your school fees this year! You're going back and I promise you won't miss another year!"

"Sister..." She glared with glimmering eyes. "I'm not going back. Not yet."

"...Wh―what do you mean...?"

"I want to help you pay bills, so you can focus on your scholarship. I found a job. It doesn't pay a lot but it'll help I promise! And that what Mom would have―" She landed on the floor with a heavy thud.

"I told you we don't talk about her! We have no mom! Don't you get that yet?! They didn't need us, they didn't want us!" I hollered while gripping her shoulders with my nails. I noticed the fright on her face, the wrinkles in her shivering chin. I let her go as she immediately charged to our room in a bank of tears.

It was finally Monday, which meant school. Normally teens would hate this kind of scene, but it's my only place of serenity. I have meaning here, a future. It's not like it's an escape from the street life―that follows you everywhere―but it's still nice to have a space to read and not get interrupted by gun shots or scream therapy, then later get recognized for it. Monday also meant hit day, the day where I get offered a new mission to kill, or steal, or anything along those lines.

I sat in class absorbing the knowledge the women ahead was feeding me. It was hard to focus, considering all the other things running a muck through my head, but studying was my form of meditation. The teacher had left the rest of the period as a work session. I didn't have anything to work on truly, so I let myself kick back and read my favourite book 'Fear of Dreaming: Collection of Selective Poems' by Jim Carroll. Suddenly, the chair beside me pulled back with a panging screech. No one ever sits beside me. I looked up with a straight face and saw a boy with midnight blue hair and pasty glowing skin. His cheeks looked swollen and his nose stretched across his face. His big doe eyes had complimented his teeth; he resembled a bunny.

"I'm Jungkook." I took his words by surprise. An introduction was a first for me.

"I know." Jungkook had always sat in the back of the class by himself. He seemed somewhat unappreciated, ignored. He didn't look like the kind to consult himself with anyone, especially someone with an aura like mine.

"I was told to sit here... I need help with my math." He shrugged. An anti-social geek who wasn't intelligent. Wow, this kid had nothing going for him other than his looks, which I'm surprised hasn't caught the attention of a lot of girls.

"With?" I asked, hoping he'd direct me to a unit or question.

"Math." I stared at him irritatingly.

"I literally have created no foundation of respect for you already. Don't make it worse."

"Wow, um... how about you show me last nights homework? I didn't understand anything."

"Here," I pulled out my homework and slide it against the table. "I explained it in case the teacher wanted clarification on how I did so. Just look off that." I returned back to my book.

"Uh..."

"What now?!"

"Why is there blood on here?" I pushed myself off my seat and pulled the sheet away in a blink of an eye.

"I―It's just highlighter ink." I stammered.

"Then can I have it back...?" Luckily the bell had gone in between his words. I quickly charged out of the door and went to headquarters for my new following mission.

"It's a killer, Luka." Min laughed. I hated those the most, but it was my best virtue. "Here's the profile, some narcotics. Go wild, sweetie." I walked out with the files and bags in my hand. It is dangerous to walk around the street with a bag of pills but wearing this pristine school uniform, no cop would dare question me. I stopped on the stairs in front of the complex and flipped open the folders, making sure I was in the clear. We had no enemies, and no cops tracing us, but you ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter