Will you marry me?

ChaeyoungxOC short stories
Please log in to read the full chapter

“…Be a man, a real man
Gotta see u love me like a real man 
Be a man, a real man
Gotta see u love me Like a real man..”

There you were in the crowd, looking so proud for that special girl, your baby Chae rapping and dancing at her very best. 
 

Past
You and Chaeyoung met few years ago when both of you bump into each other outside a cafe, she accidentally spilled her strawberry milkshake on you. “Omg, sorry!! I was looking at my phone, I didn’t notice your presence. Let me buy you another shirt.”

Chaeyoung was so guilty that she kept apologizing. You were pretty upset since it was a new shirt that you brought recently. However, when you looked up Chaeyoung’s beauty blew all those anger away and she looks way too adorable being all jumpy for being careless.

You gave a cheeky smile and said “Hey, hey! It’s fine, don’t worry about it! Since I was on my way to get some coffee maybe instead of getting me a new shirt, you could get me an iced-mocha? But this time not to pour on my shirt? Haha!”

Chaeyoung agreed instantly and broke out a smile! So as she was purchasing the coffees, you went to clean yourself up and sat at a table around the corner of the shop. When she brought the coffee, she sat opposite you and said “sorry about your shirt, anyway I’m Chaeyoung! What’s yours?” She smile brightly. You thought you just saw an angel’s smile, you were so mesmerized by her smile that you were stunned for a few seconds before sharing your name.

After having a good few hours of conversation, you knew Chaeyoung was a trainee at JYP and she’s younger than you by 4 years. Since both of you had a great time together, both of you exchanged numbers just to keep in contact.  Everyday you would text her encouraging words just so her days as a trainee would be a little more bearable and just before her debut on the survival show; Sixteen. You confessed and asked her to be your girlfriend, fortunately she agreed.

Ever since that day, you were her pillar of support that she lean on. You were there to share her happy times with, and comforting hug whenever things wasn’t going well.

Present
Today is her first comeback stage for Cheer Up and you knew she was very nervous and jumpy as both of you were on the phone yesterday. 
 

Flashback
“Jagiya!! What if I screw up my rap tomorrow? What if I disappoint my fans? What if I screw up my dance steps? What if…” She exclaimed.

You quickly intercept, “Baby! Hold up! You are thinking too much. You are great with rapping, remember when you were in Sixteen, you knew your rapping skills is one of the best and you have your style. Your fans love you so much that even I get jealous sometimes. Come on, have some faith in yourself, you have been training so long for this new album. Most importantly, I believe in you baby, I love you.”

“Thanks jagi, you are always there when I needed you. These days, I’m just too stress out over this comeback stage since Once are anticipating this very much.”

“You’re my baby, of course I have to be here whenever you need me! Alrights now what I need you to do now is to stop reciting your rap in your mind and head to bed, unless you want to be a panda girl instead of a cowgirl tomorrow.”
Chaeyoung giggled “yah~ did you plant a camera in my mind? How can you know what am I doing? Okay alrights jagiya, I will head to bed now. See you tomorrow at M countdown. Love you.”

“Haha, I know my baby well. I love you too, good luck and then baby CHEER UP” both of you laughed at the reference to her title song before putting the phone down.


Present
Once her stage was over, you head to the backstage in Twice’s waiting room. You reached the door and all the members noticed your presence except Chaeyoung who was back facing the door.

Please log in to read the full chapter