Outside

Don't make me smile.

It had been a long day. After quickly showing you the den, which was now to be your room, she had left with a bunch of her giggling girlfriends. They had not bothered to invite you as they claimed that you felt "tired" but you appreciated the quiet time.

You looked around the small den gratefully.

It wasn't much but you were thankful that they had taken you in.

You vowed to quickly get a job so that you could support yourself and Heejoo. You stood up with new energy and went downstairs to explain the situation to Mrs. Kim.

 

Heejoo was on the couch pointing and laughing at a show on tv while Mrs. Kim was in the kitchen.

 

"Mrs kim? About us..." you quickly explained the details of your situation and about Heejoo's problem.

 

Mrs Kim looked at you quickly and said "The poor girl...and at such a young age too. Dear dont hesitate to rely on me and I've already decided Heejoo can sleep with me!"

 

You were glad that Mrs kim welcomed Heejoo but you were still worried about Heejoo forgetting her mother's death.

 

* oh well ill think about that later*

 

You helped her set the table and eagerly washed dishes. Just before, Eunjeong had given you a list of her weekly chores with a wink and "think of it as your rent~"

With this chance you happily tried to help Mrs kim in any way. When Eunjeong and Mr kim came home, you all ate dinner.

It was slightly awkward because you had only asked Mrs kim on your stay, but Mr kim smiled warmly and just said "welcome, its been a long time since we met, take care of Eunjeong for me."

**

Throughout dinner you watched Mrs kim's interaction with Heejoo and it very well bordered on motherly.

Anything Heejoo wanted to eat she was given and Mrs kim gladly spent the time feeding her with her own chopsticks.

You felt strange, having never experienced such maternal care, and also wondering why Mrs kim was like that.

After dinner you got your answer as Mr Kim took you aside and said, 

 

"please forgive me wife, she actually recently had a miscarriage. It took her months to get back to her usual self and even then...well I just want to thankyou for making her happy again. If it is possible i'd wish for Heejoo to stay..and you of course."

 

You quickly bowed and said that it would have to be Heejoo's decision. Inside your heart was churning, you too desperately wanted a family.

But you knew that you could never accept such a big favour. You excused yourself and left the happy family scene in the living room, and went upstairs to think.

*it seems thats all I'm doing nowadays. Thinking but nothings happening...* You gloomily shut the lights in the den and went to sleep.