EXTRA

The Gift I Want

Author’s POV

“What did you just say?! Propose?! You’re going to propose to my sister today?!” Jessica flared at the poor latter. “Y-yes, Jessica-noona, though not literally today, but on Krystal’s birthday.” Amber weakly answered as he lower his head. “Are you … serious about this? To be honest, I don’t really mind it. You’ve already proved yourself many times in many ways and that made me give the blessings and respects you need from me.” Jessica stated.

“But still, that won’t change the fact that I’m still hesitating to the word engagement. After all, I don’t want my baby sister to be broken.” The latter looked up to meet his girlfriend’s sister’s eyes. It’s full of concern and honesty. He sat up straight while his gaze never leaved hers. “I am sure now, Noona. I’m ready and I can feel that Krystal does too. I’m not rushing things anyway so if ever it’s rejected, then I’ll just wait for the right time and do it again.” Amber confidently said.

“Well then … go. Take that sister of mine’s hand and be happy.” Jessica said while patting the latter’s head and lightly pushed him to move off the couch. Amber looked surprised to the older one. “Just remember to never hurt her and you won’t face any hell from me, got it?” She added and Amber immediately nodded his head in glee and happiness. He bowed and rushed to the main door.

“Thank you so much, Noona! You have my word, goodbye!” Amber walked out from the Jung’s house and rode his McDeeb Clubman 500 Superlight, black motorcycle. He stopped in front of the Liu’s Residence’s gate. The latter silently opened the gate and walk to open the door. As he enter the house, loud banging sounds was heard and random things is scattering all around the whole four walls of the Liu’s home.

“Yah, Jack-Jack, Gongju, Tuna, come back here!!!” A girl yelled over the living room. “Jackie, calm down! They’re scared because of your make-up! Take it off first or they’ll never go to your side at any time anymore!” Another voice boom all over the place, then two small dogs and one gray cat showed up with two creepy looking old girls following behind them. “What the hell?!” Amber yelled in shock.

He put a hand over his left chest as he adjusts his breathing. “Oh, Amber! Hi, sorry for the mess. Your pets are hard to tame, especially Tuna.” Soy said.

Amber’s POV

I just face-palmed myself as I look at this two old grannies bickering in front of me. ”Aish, you two don’t change. Anyway, Jackie, I came here to say that I’m going to propose to Krystal this midnight, exactly on her birthday.” I bluntly said. “Oh~! Is that so … wait … w-what did you just say?!” The two responded in the same time with their eyes wide open. “Yeah, and I need your help and advice that’s why I’m here.” I replied.

“O-ok. I didn’t think that you’ll do it much earlier than expected. Guess my brother’s a little too excited, huh?” Jackie teased me but I just scoffed. “I’ll be honest … I’m pretty nervous but … I’ve already decided that it’s now or never.” I carried Tuna and brushed my nose over her furs. “Well, just be natural. Be the almighty and dorky llama we and your princess know.” Jackie suggested.

“No need to be so sweet, but I think the most effective and well-given effort is you go and have a talk to her parents personally first. In that way, you’re not only showing your dedication and seriousness here to Krystal but ask to her family and all her Jung relatives shows the honesty and respect you’ll purely compromise for their family member.” Soy explained. “It’s also a good timing since her parents are here in Korea, in Jeju to be more specific.” My sister added.

I big smile was drawn into my face. “Thank you, Noonas! That sure helped out!” Though their faces are creepy because of those ruined makeups, I still gave them my warmest hug. “I better go now since the time is ticking and I should hurry up. Booking up a ticket in the airport is kind’a irritating, you know?” I putted Tuna down and patted Gongju and Jack-Jack’s heads.

“Don’t worry about the ticket. We’ll handle it as long as you treat us a trip to Africa next week. I’m going there for a short vacation and sightseeing things before I go back to LA.” Jackie winked at me. ‘Well, I did asked for her help and this sister of mine won’t stop bothering me for an exchange so I guess I need to it. Why Africa though?’ I chuckled. ”You can write it down on my credit card right now. Bye, Sis! Bye, Soy-noona! I still got business to attend to!” I rushed outside as I wave my hand in the air.

‘Ok, both sisters are done. Now let’s deal with FRIENDS.’ I noted in my mind as I drove away to the airport. I send out a group message, saying the thing about my plan and its request, and all of them reacted the same way.

From: Ambro       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:52am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Guys, I’m gonna propose to Krystal now, please don’t pop-up out of nowhere today until tomorrow, and don’t ever tell this to Krys about this no matter what, ok? Thank you!’

From: Vic-umma       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:52am _ 10/23/2016)

‘That’s surprising but very nice to hear. Be careful picking the nice church and everything, ok? Just tell me if you need help. Am, Fighting!’

From: Goldfish Amy       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:53am _ 10/23/2016)

‘What, really?! That’s so … unsurprising! You’re only making your move right now? You’re so slow, llama, but good luck on getting your girl, ok?!’

From: Minbie       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:53am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Wow! Nice one, Zomber! Pretty shocking, but go for it, zombie buddy!’

From: Grandpa-Eric       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:54am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Oh my, our llama is on the move!!! You got my support, Berber!’

From: Henry-ahjjusshi       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:54am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Our llama is really growing up! Good job and good luck on your proposal. Knowing you reminds me that you stuttered a lot when you confessed to Krystal, haha!’

From: Kevin-Boo       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:55am _ 10/23/2016)

‘My Boo is getting ready for marriage already?! I should go and look for a nice suit to put on then!’

From: Scotty       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:55am _ 10/23/2016)

‘This dino-face is finally going on his settlements? You better buy me a nice suit for the wedding ceremony, ok?’

From: Jia-Jia       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:56am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Good luck, Amber. I’ll go set a date so I can go shopping for some dress with the girls.’

From: DK Hyo       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:56am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Really?! Oh my, I should go buy a shining suit then! Give me an invitation card immediately, ok? If you need a performer, just call me and the others.’

From: Black Hole Yuri       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:57am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Hyoyeon’s right. Just spread the word and we, your hyungs, will get it ready. Anyways, congrats!’

From: Byun-Taeyeon       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:57am _ 10/23/2016)

‘You’re moving much earlier than us, you dino-llama. I guess I better do something with my girl too. She and Jessica will surely be disappointed once they see this.’

From: Pink Monster       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:58am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Well, I really am sad because of this. You still don’t think about proposing to me, even Yul and Yoong. Thankfully, there are guys like Amber, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung in this world. Congratulations, by the way, Am!’

From: ShikSoo & Sunny Bunny       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:58am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Always have good lucks, Dongsaeng! We wish you a very excited marriage blowout … and lots of foods in it too!!!’

From: Bora-bora Sugar       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:59am _ 10/23/2016)

‘You guys are exaggerating. Hey, Amber, congrats and please gave out a nice party, ok? I’ll be waiting for it. Dasom will strangle you to death if you don’t prepare it nicely.’

From: Woori-ahjjuma       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (10:59am _ 10/23/2016)

 ‘I’m also looking out for the party, Am! But remember to just call us if you need help! Good luck!!!’

From: Giant Baby       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (11:00am _ 10/23/2016)

‘Congratulations, Hyung!!! Don’t worry. Your secret is safe with me and Sunyoung so feel at ease and go get that silly maknae into the church!’

From: Diva Key       To: The Group of Grumpy Teenagers       (11:00am _ 10/23/2016)

‘I supposed practicing for a nice wedding song is my job here. Write me as your personal singer for your wedding, Amber! I’ll make sure you two will love it!’

A lot more messages came in and I just can’t stop from laughing at their comments. After half an hour of driving, I’ve finally reached the airport. The attendant checked my reservation. Jackie really helped me out in conserving my time, because I’m able to get on the plane immediately. It took a total of one hour before the airplane landed on Jeju.

Soy texted me and I was more than happy when it says that a friend of mine was waiting for me at the airport’s parking lot. That friend was Joe, my childhood friend. He drove me to the address I gave to him. The road trip was full of laughter, not from me but only from him. He kept on teasing me and laughing at my face, saying that I am whiter than a piece of paper.

I’m not that nervous, ‘I think?’

Joe left me once we reached the house of my future in-laws. “Good luck, Buddy. Don’t stutter a lot, ok?” That’s his last words before leaving me, who’s completely sweating buckets. I took a breath before knocking on their gate. ‘You can do this, Amber! It’s for you and Krystal’s future!’ I kept on saying those in my mind until someone approached me.

“Who might you be, young man? And what is your purpose, I may ask?” A lady, not that old, talked to me in a very formal way. “I am Amber Liu. I’m Krystal’s boyfriend, and I am here to go and ask for her parent’s permission and blessings, because I’m planning on proposing to her. Can I go in and talk to them.” I also replied in the nicest way that I can be.

‘This is it! It’s now or never! Krystal, wait for me! I’ll make sure that I can take your hand for a marriage and be with you forever!’

Krystal’s POV

“So that’s what happened. Well, you’re completely lucky that you came out from our house alive.” I said to my husband after explaining everything to our cute little boy, Aiden. His reaction was so funny. “You’re so mean, Krys! But it’s all worth it, right?” He grinned at me and I can’t even deny any of it so I only nodded while smiling at him. “Thank you for everything, Stupid.” I said.

“You’re always welcome, Princess. Or should I say, Queen?” He kissed me and I heard a fake sound of puking. “Yuck, Mom. Please, in front of me.” We both laughed and hugged him. “Yup, it’s completely worth it.