Names

When North Meets South
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

The ceremony began exactly at 9pm. It was a small room where only the bride, the groom and the priest were allowed to enter. The others had to stay outside until the ceremony had finished and when the two were pronounced husband and wife.

Wonshik entered the room first from the right door. He was wearing his best outfit that his mother had personally woven for him. He had his hair gelled neatly backwards showing his handsome forehead. Wonshik was a tall person and as a groom, he looked perfect. His mother was beyond happy to see him like that. Before he had entered the scared room, she had told him how lucky she was to have him as a son and how happy she was for him. Wonshik could only nod. He didn’t know what to feel at the moment anymore. He wasn’t so happy or sad. Maybe that short encounter with the princess and hearing her voice might have changed his opinion on the wedding a little bit. He was now very curious to see her face.

Wonshik sat at his designated place, upright and very serious. He did not show even an ounce of nervousness. The priest poured wine in the small glass that was placed on the table before him. The priest chanted some prayers and Wonshik was asked to drink it. He did.
15 mins had passed and Wonshik was now getting impatient but he immediately became alert when he heard some voices coming from the left door. He maintained his posture and looked straight at the door as the slid open slowly.

Hongbin assisted the princess into the room and Wonshik could not believe how beautiful her dress was. Earlier, he could not see it properly because it was dark.

Taekwoon walked slowly and carefully because she didn’t want to make a fool of herself in front of her groom and with the heavy dress she was wearing, she was sure she would throw herself on top of him again.

It was her first time seeing Wonshik and she was very surprised by how handsome he was. She thought that maybe Wonshik would be like an older guy with beard and scruffy hair, the usual stereotype of people with swords but he was very different. He was young, with a handsome face and a great body. And the way he was looking at her right now, all serious, she was kind of taken back. Normally for Taekwoon, since people knew her as Princess, they would bow to her but this guy was a tough one. He only looked straight at her face that was still covered.

Hongbin gestured her to sit there and with a polite bow to Wonshik and the priest, he excused himself and closed the door behind Taekwoon.

Poor Taekwoon was very nervous now because the room had become very quiet and she could feel the air becoming thick.

The priest poured wine in her glass just like he had for Wonshik earlier and before he could finish the prayer, Taekwoon took it and drank it in one go.

“Princess—“

“huh?”, she turned to the priest.

“You weren’t supposed to drink it just yet!”, the priest said.

“Oh my god! I am so sorry!”, She apologized and looked nervously at the man sitting in front of her.

He had a straight face and Taekwoon was getting more and more scared of the man now.

‘Why isn’t he showing any expression?’, she thought.

The priest poured another one on the glass and asked Taekwoon to not drink it until he is done with the prayer. She nodded and apologized again.

After a few mins, when the priest was done, he gestured Taekwoon to drink the liquid.

“Princess, you may now drink it but—“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter