Her Voice

When North Meets South
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“My beautiful niece is here!”, Princess Sojin said as soon as she saw three figures walking towards her direction along the huge corridor.

“Aunty Sojin!”, Princess Jung could see her aunt faintly from under the cloth. She ran to her and hugged her tightly.

“Look how big you have grown. I cannot wait to see your face love.”

“I want to take off the cloth aunty”, She cried. Princess Sojin just laughed. She had missed her niece so much. She was the first one to pick up Princess Jung when she was born and she considered her as her own child.

“How is brother and sister-in-law?”, she asked.

“Mom and Dad are doing well and they sent you some presents too. Hongbin will get it later.”

“Hongbin, is that you? I didn’t recognize you. Oh Rin too!”, Sojin knew them just like they were their family members because they had been with the Royal family for a long time now. The two bowed to Sojin.

“Come, I will show you your rooms and then we can have lunch. You all must be very tired.”

Princess Jung nodded.

~~~~

After lunch, Sojin took the three around her palace showing them every nook and cranny of the place. The place was beautiful. Sojin loved flowers so much that her palace was filled with gardens. The palace was on top of the hills overlooking her beautiful society.

“This place is beautiful aunty!”, Princess Jung said. She liked everything in the Northern part. The north had many forests and the society itself was in between huge mountains. The climate was just right and not as hot as that the South. What she liked the most was the colours of the Northern society. They had a variety of colour. There were the greens from the grass, forest, mountains. The beautiful and vast colours of flowers blooming, the blues of rivers and lakes. Everything in this place was colourful unlike the only yellowish brown desert that can be seen in the south.

“I am already in love with this place aunty Sojin”, she said. The other smiled.

“Have you seen your groom yet? Did they show you a picture of him?”, she asked.

The princess shook her head. She did not know how her husband looked like. She had only heard of him.

“You don’t have to worry my dear Taekwoon. Wonshik is a lovely man and he will keep you very happy.”

She just nodded. This was not what she wanted though.

“Taekwoona, I think you should go and rest now. The ceremony is at 9pm later and I will come to pick you up at 8. Okay?”

Sojin walked to Hongbin and Rin and told them the same thing.

~~~~

“Lady Jung, are you ok in there?”, Rin knocked the bathroom door.

“I am, Rin. Please wait!”, Taekwoon came out after a while wearing the most decorated hand woven dress. It was kind of heavy but they believed that the heavier the wedding dress, the more wealth and prosperous their marriage would bring. It was a gift from her mother. The dress was in her favourite colour, red and then there was a head piece that only the princess brides wore. It was as heavy as the dress and Taekwoon could only curse, for it was making her weak and tired.

“WHY IS THIS SO HEAVY??!!”, she complained. “HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WALK IN THESE?!”

“Now now, princess. You know you have practiced for this.” Hongbin said.

“In the practice, the dress and head piece wasn’t this heavy!!”

“Well they are made of gold and other precious stones, so of course it will be heavy”, he said adjusting the head piece on her head. “Oh, this is very heavy indeed!”. He was shocked himself. He had never thought it would be that heavy.

“Hongbin I think I will die before I even get to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter