Chapter Three

Never Gonna Happen!

 

 

[]♦[]

 


Jimin sighed and lightly rubbed his temples. “Namjoon, can you please stop flicking your wrist at Jin hyung?”


The demon paused in his ministrations and he looked up at Jimin from his seated position on the arm of the couch. “I am not ‘flicking my wrist’.” Namjoon said with an affronted expression sent in Jimin’s direction. “I am trying to summon my magic… Though in this realm, it seems that my spells are rendered void.”


Jimin raised a brow at the demon as he opened the fridge and began rummaging through it. “Magic? That doesn’t exist.”


“Jimin-ah is right, you dirty fiend, magic only exists in in a child’s imagination. We have science here.” Jin quipped from his place in front of the stove. Jimin nodded in agreement with him as he placed a leftover bowl of kimchi on the kitchen counter next to Jin.


“Well trollop, magic may not exist here in this primitive realm, but Astale has plenty of magic to fill a demon’s heart and infuse their very being with power.” As Namjoon spoke, his fist clenched and unclenched, his claws glinting with the movement. His eyes glowed red when he finally opened his hand up and allowed a small spark to shoot up and disappear in a little poof of smoke.


Jimin’s eyes widened in surprise and he looked at Namjoon incredulously. “How did you do that?”


The Demon’s eyes returned to their neutral golden color and he smirked at Jimin as he made a small gesture to draw him closer. “Come here and I will show you.”


Jimin hesitated, and he observed the demon suspiciously. The evening sunlight was peeking through the cheap curtains in the dorm living room and the light was making his silver hair glow, almost giving him a halo. However, his tall black horns, sharp claws, and leathery black wings ruined the angelic effect.


“Jimin, come here.” Namjoon purred, his low voice sending shivers down Jimin’s spine. Namjoon’s eyes darted down to Jimin’s lips and his eyes grew a deep gold color. “I promise you will not regret it.” The demon said and Jimin felt all his inhibitions fall away as he relaxed and drew closer to the silver haired man, his eyes locked on near amber colored orbs.


“Hey! There will be no debauchery under my roof.” Jin said, his hand suddenly appearing in front of Jimin’s face. He made a waving motion and he shot Namjoon a glare. “What were you doing to my innocent dongsaeng you heathen!?”


“As if you are one to talk of debauchery! Your promiscuity would put all succubi to shame harlot!” Namjoon’s wings twitched in irritation and he scoffed at Jin. “And do not presume that I had anything to do with influencing his decision to approach me. I am irresistibly attractive.”


Jimin slowly came out of his daze and he groaned and shook his head as Jin and Namjoon began arguing. It was nothing as heated or rancorous as when he woke up from his faint, but Jimin had a feeling that no matter what he did, Jin and Namjoon would never get along. At least not the way that Jimin and Jin get along.


“Alright already, can we please move on and eat?” Jimin asked with a sigh as he rubbed his aching temples.Jin and Namjoon ignored him and he threw his hands up in the air in exasperation. “Fine! I’ll just order some pizza or something,” He grumbled and he left the kitchen to grab his phone in the living room.


The movement caught Namjoon’s attention and he used his large hand to shove Jin’s face away from his while turning to follow Jimin like a puppy. “Jimin, where are you going? And what is pizza?”


Jimin stopped walking and he whirled on Namjoon with shock so clear on his face that the demon had to wonder if his expression would get caught that way. “How the hell do you not know what pizza is!?” Jimin finally shouted and Jin recovered enough from Namjoon’s halfhearted shove long enough to pop up behind the demon in the living room and into their conversation.


“Yeah heathen, pizza is something that dominates earth, have you been living under a rock this entire time?”


Namjoon frowned and he looked offended at the suggestion. “I have absolutely no need to dwell under a rock like some worm! I just fail to see how something as insignificant as this ‘pizza’ would call for an order when we have food on hand and a servant to prepare it.”


Jin frowned and he pointed to himself with one well-manicured finger. “Are you calling me, a servant?”


Namjoon didn’t spare him a glance as he stared at Jimin, waiting for the human to look up from his phone where he was rapidly typing something. Once he was finished, he held the phone up to the side of his face, his eyes meeting Namjoon’s as he waited for the call to go through.


“Jimin, what are you-”


“SHH!” Jimin interrupted, pressing a finger to his pursed lips as he shot Namjoon a warning look.


The demon immediately sat back onto the fluffy couch and crossed his arms with a petulant expression on his face. Jin smirked at him and he strut into the living room, taking a seat in the sofa placed adjacent to the sulking demon.


Jimin brightened when a worker at the pizza place down the street answered the phone, making Namjoon scowl even harder than before because his sensitive ears could pick up the low baritone of another man on the other end of the line. ‘Why must he be so sociable?’ Namjoon thought to himself, picking up one of the small cushions placed on the couch and amusing himself by using his claws to pick at the weak thread holding the pillow together at the seams.


In Astale, Namjoon was a great leader and his words were followed in the court he managed in preparation for becoming king, however he always managed to wriggle out of the social calls and mandatory parties that his mother threw. He hated attending such events, as the court demons were all power hungry leeches hoping that endless flattery would sway Namjoon and his father in their favor. But unlike the Lord of Darkness, Namjoon didn’t revel in all the attention unless he was surrounded by beauty, which unfortunately wasn’t the case in a court full of overfed and privileged demons.


Jimin finished talking on the phone and he promptly ended the call with a wide grin on his face. He was sure that Namjoon was going to love the pizza—


“Yah! Namjoon!” Jimin screeched once he noticed the demon had ripped one of his couch pillows into shreds and was now working on another one.


Namjoon looked up and his hazel colored eyes widened in surprise when Jimin yanked the pillow out of his hands and hugged it to his chest protectively. “You can’t just rip up my pillows! I had to bring these from home,” Jimin said, narrowing his eyes at Namjoon in irritation before he began assessing the damage done to the little cushion.


Jin saw the baffled expression on Namjoon’s face and he hid his pleased snickers behind a slim hand. The demon growled a little and he glared at Jin. Jimin didn’t notice the exchange between the two, but he did whirl on Jin with a betrayed expression crossing his features. “Hyung! You were sitting here the whole time, why didn’t you stop him?” He asked while accusingly sending Jin a glare.


“I-I, Uhmm…” Jin shrank under his roommate’s stern expression and now it was Namjoon’s turn to smirk at him and silently gloat from behind Jimin’s back.


Receiving no answer from Jin, Jimin sighed and he took the pillow to his room, a curious Namjoon getting up to trail after him like a winged puppy. Jimin didn’t notice him following, as he made his way to his room. He set the pillow on his bed and he dug around in his nightstand for a familiar plastic box.


However, he jumped in surprise when a loud thump echoed in the room. Jimin looked up to see Namjoon standing by the doorway sheepishly, his horns had knocked into the doorframe and Jimin could see the nicks the undoubtedly sharp edges made in the soft wood.


“Ah, sorry,” Namjoon said softly and his eyes weren’t directly looking at Jimin. His silver hair was a little mussed from the impact of his horns crashing into the doorframe and Jimin was shocked to see a light pink color blossoming high on his cheekbones.


Is he…embarrassed!?’ Jimin thought incredulously, watching with wide eyes as Namjoon shuffled into the room with his old confidence, though the effect was ruined by his blush. The result was surprisingly cute and it clashed horribly with Namjoon’s earlier attitude and his entire demeanor.


Unable to help himself, Jimin burst out into a fit of giggles. Namjoon flushed an even darker red and he frowned at Jimin. “Why are you laughing?” He asked, drawing closer and standing in front of Jimin with a glower, his wings were unfolded behind him and Namjoon looked better than any bad-boy rock star ever could. Unfortunately, all Jimin could see at the moment was the look on Namjoon’s face when he apologized for hitting the doorframe with his horns.


“Ah ha, s-sorry, it’s just-” Jimin was interrupted by another giggle and he had to stop and take a deep breath as he wiped a tear from the corner of his eyes. “You don’t have to apologize for anything, I was just surprised to see you doing something so...clumsy.”


Namjoon looked vaguely offended as he settled on Jimin’s bed, sending him a haughty look. “That never happened.”


“Right, and I’m sure that the scuff marks in my door would disagree.” Jimin chuckled softly and he went back to picking up the box he was looking for earlier.


Namjoon opened his mouth to reply, but his ears picked up the sound of footsteps rapidly making their way down the hall. “What’s going on here, Jimin are you okay-”


“Leave.” Namjoon interrupted, his voice sounding irritated as Jimin settled on the bed next to him, the pillow clasped in his hands and a threaded needle held between his lips.


Jin glared at Namjoon and he crossed his arms over his chest. “I wasn’t asking you, simpleton.”


“What did you-”


“You heard me!”


“Why you-”


“Done!” Jimin chirped, holding the now stitched together pillow up. Namjoon looked surprised and Jin looked unfazed.


“How did you sew this so quickly?” Namjoon asked, grabbing the pillow and gawking at the seams of the pillow. Jimin smiled proudly as the demon went over his handiwork, the silver haired male making sure to be careful with his claws this time around.


“Jimin-ah learned to sew when he was in middle school.” Jin answered, drawing the demon’s attention to him. “I tried teaching him to cook, but the skill never stuck, he’s very good with his hands though.”


Namjoon narrowed his eyes at Jin and his hold on the newly sewn together pillow tightened unconsciously. “Good with— How do you know this!?”


Jin smirked smugly at him in response, choosing to keep quiet just to drive Namjoon crazy.


Jimin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, glancing back and forth between the glowering demon and Jin. “What are you two arguing about now?”


Jin’s eyes widened in surprise and he turned to Jimin with an incredulous lilt to his voice. “How do you not understand this? I just implied that you used your hands to-”


The doorbell chimed suddenly, interrupting Jin’s explanation and making Namjoon cover his ears because it was incessantly being pressed and the noise echoed within the thin walled dorm.


“Oh, pizza’s here!” Jimin hummed, getting up and nearly shoving Jin aside as he ran to answer the door.


With nothing else to do, Namjoon followed him out, making sure to duck his head under the doorway this time. Jin shot him a strange look, but Namjoon ignored him and made his way out into the living room again.


A tempting smell emanated from the doorway and Namjoon’s nose twitched slightly when he inhaled. The scent was invitingly warm and it reminded Namjoon of the food that he saw the servants eat outside the kitchen at noon.


However, all illusions were shattered when he heard the voice of the delivery boy stuttering while talking to Jimin.


“U-uhm, I got an o-order for t-this address,” The boy said and Namjoon felt irritation bubble up within his chest. He was staring at Jimin too hard, and deciding to do something about the presumptuous boy, Namjoon walked up behind Jimin and possessively wrapped his arms around his petite waist, resting his chin on his shoulder and coming dangerously close to kissing the side of his future concubine’s neck.


“Jimin, what are you doing?” He asked in a low baritone that he knew would make Jimin shiver and blush.


The boy’s eyes widened at the sight of Namjoon’s hands on Jimin’s waist, but when he looked up and saw the horns, fangs, and wings, he visibly paled and gulped in nervousness.


Jimin squirmed in his hold and Namjoon could feel the heat emanating from him. “N-Namjoon, let go,” He demanded, turning in the demon’s hold and batting at his chest in an attempt to get him to move away.


Namjoon merely let his head drop to the side of Jimin’s neck, nuzzling into his nape and eyeing the embarrassed delivery boy smugly.


“HEY!” Jin shouted, grabbing Namjoon’s shoulder and wrenching him away from a dazed Jimin.


“Stop touching my dongsaeng, I swear this happens every time I turn around!” Jin complained loudly.


Namjoon flinched and he squinted in irritation at Jin as he rubbed at his sore ears. “Will you stop screeching so loudly? I can hear you adequately enough, harpy!”


Jin scowled and he pinched Namjoon’s ear, making the demon yelp and grab his wrist. “Unhand me!” Namjoon ordered with a wince when Jin yanked on his pointed ear. In retaliation he dug his claws into Jin’s wrist, relishing in the obnoxious human’s pained noise.


Jimin rolled his eyes at the two arguing men and he turned back to the delivery boy with a flustered expression on his face. “Sorry about this,” He apologized, handing over the correct change and getting the pizza in return. The boy nodded at him and he appeared ready to bolt. Jimin felt bad that he had to witness Namjoon and Jin—


Wait, he saw Namjoon!’ With the realization, Jimin slammed the door in the delivery boy’s face. Jin and Namjoon stopped arguing long enough to stare at Jimin in surprise.


“Jin-hyung, he saw Namjoon, what if he calls the police now?” Jimin asked, already panicking internally as his mind went through various scenarios of the cops showing up at his dorm and taking Namjoon away.


Jin looked perturbed for a second but he soon waved Jimin off. “Relax Jimin-ah, if anyone saw this archaic idiot, they’d assume he’s dressing for that one holiday, Halloween, early.”


Namjoon seemed confused by Jin’s words. “What holiday?” He asked, moving away from Jin to crowd Jimin against the door, the pizza boxes in his hands acting as a barrier from the touchy demon.


Suddenly Jimin’s very unhelpful mind brought up the memory of Namjoon’s earlier actions. He felt his face grow hot and he felt the phantom sensation f Namjoon’s broad back pressed against his, long arms wound around his waist and his face dangerously close to his neck.


Namjoon’s eyes darkened and he leaned closer to Jimin, “You smell absolutely desirable right now.” He purred and Jimin’s wide eyes met scarlet colored orbs.


‘Oh, he’s so close,’ Jimin thought as he tightened his hold on his pizza boxes and tried to will away the blush rising on his face. He didn’t really understand what Namjoon was going on about, all he could smell was pizza and he was glad for the little barrier the boxes made. It served as an effective wall and Jimin was sure that if the food weren’t between them, Namjoon would be touching him.


At that thought, a sudden feeling rose up within Jimin and he identified it as vague disappointment. The feeling confused him, there was no way that he liked Namjoon touching him, right?


“Hey! I said that there would be no debauchery under my roof!” Jin interrupted, popping up from behind Namjoon’s black wing and using his slim hand to shove the demon’s face away from Jimin.


Namjoon growled back at him and swiped at Jin with his clawed hand, though he caught nothing but air because in one smooth move, Jin had grabbed the pizza boxes and Jimin’s hand and he led the petite male back to the kitchen. “How dare you—”


“Shut up demon, it’s time for Jin to eat.”

 

 

 []♦[]