Chapter Two

Never Gonna Happen!

 

 

[]♦[]

 


In all his four hundred years of existence, Namjoon had never had to deal with a faint human. When Jimin had fallen, the demon stood still in surprise, before his reflexes sprang into action and he rushed to catch his future concubine before he could fall. The prince would not allow harm to come to the human in any way, even if a simple fall would only cause light injury.

With the warm weight of Jimin in his arms, Namjoon’s wings flared out a bit and the demon steadied himself, holding Jimin and moving to carefully set the human on the bed of the small room. ‘This human is definitely an exception to what I think is considered common in this realm.’ The demon thought to himself with an amused chuckle, his hand moving of its own accord to gently brush a thick black lock of hair out of Jimin’s face. The human had a troubled expression on his face, his eyebrows were furrowed and his plush red lips were pulled down into a soft frown. Namjoon felt something stirring in his chest and he pulled away from the human to place a hand over his heart. ‘What is this strange sensation?

A loud clatter pulled Namjoon’s attention from his worrying symptoms, and the demon barely had time to look up before the door of the room burst open and a man ran into the room, shouting frantically.

“JIMIN!” The man breathed harshly, bringing noise into the room and making Jimin stir slightly.

Namjoon growled and his wings flared out in irritation as the demon drew to his full height. “How dare you enter my home uninvited, harlot!” He said, his voice full of threatening rancor and absolute distain. The male before him was unrecognizable, but the way he was eyeing Jimin made the demon want to sink his claws into his neck just so he could watch the life fade from his big brown eyes.

The strange male gaped at Namjoon, the demon’s booming voice drawing his eyes away from the limp form of Jimin on the bed. “Who the are you?!” He shouted, his eyes narrowing as he strode into the room, meeting the demon and standing in front of him. “And what the hell do you mean your house? I live here and I know for a fact that you aren’t my roommate!”

Namjoon growled and stepped closer to the unknown male, making the barely shorter male back away a slight step. “This is the home of my intended concubine, and as my personal property, everything he-“ The demon’s eyes flashed from red to amber as he gestured to Jimin laying on the bed, the human still dead to the world. “-owns is also mine.”

The brunette stiffened in shock and looked between Jimin and Namjoon incredulously. “Concubine!? What the , are you delusional?” He said in a condescending tone as he stepped up to Namjoon. “Jimin would never be caught dead with anyone like you.”

Namjoon stiffened his spine and his eyes became a deep red as he leaned down toward the brunette’s face. “And what exactly are you insinuating?”

“Well, trashy punk types like you are the opposite of Jimin, he would never deal with anyone arrogant and promiscuous, like you!”

“Jimin? How exactly do you know my concubine’s name?” Namjoon asked, his tone dropping low with anger. The male before him reminded him of one of the devious harpies who tried to steal the position of concubine from his mother, the fact that the male standing before him also smelled strongly of desire and lust only furthered the juxtaposition in the demon’s mind. ‘Jimin’s name does not sound pleasant coming from the lips of this vile tramp!’

The other male continued speaking, unaware of the demon’s scathing assessment of him. “As his hyung and roommate, of course I would know everything about him! We have been living with one another since he graduated from high school!”

Namjoon snarled in anger and he shoved the brunette away from his person. “Whatever ties you have with him are irrelevant! You will no longer be around to plague anyone with your presence!” With that said, Namjoon lifted his hand toward his hip, reflexively reaching for his sword.

Jimin’s roommate gasped in shock at the unexpected shove, but when Namjoon moved his hands toward his weaponless hips, the brunette gave a small growl and shoved the demon back.

Namjoon stumbled and he cursed the fact that his he allowed the detestable human to get past his guard. ‘Where is my sword?’ He thought to himself in frustration before he gave up reaching for something that he didn’t have. Instead, the demon recovered from the shove and retaliated by lifting his hands and waited for the familiar heat of power to gather into his palms.

The brunette paused and looked at the demon in confusion. ‘Why the hell is he just standing there, pointing at me?’ He thought to himself, before he looked at Namjoon’s baffled expression and burst into laughter.

“What the hell is that supposed to do? Scare me?” The man asked in between gasps, his form now hunched over as he laughed at the crazy man standing in his roommate’s room.

Is there no magic within this realm!?’ Namjoon cursed in his mind, the thought of being so defenseless without his sword and spells taking precedence in his mind over the human laughing at him.

“Hey! Are you still there, idiot?” The brunette asked rudely, his hand snapping in front of Namjoon’s face. The demon snarled and grabbed the other man’s wrist, his claws digging into the soft inner skin and drawing a little bead of blood.

“Watch how you speak to me, you lowly !” Namjoon spat, his eyes staying a permanent red and his wings spreading out to full span behind him.

The brunette gasped and he yanked his wrist away from the other man, his large eyes drawn to the wings and horns adorning the man standing before him. “What the hell are you?” He asked, his eyes fearful roaming the expanse of the demon’s form. In his earlier anger, he hadn’t noticed that Namjoon didn’t look normal. But now it was all he could see. ‘Why the does he have horns, claws, wings, and , are those fangs!?

Namjoon brought his hand up to his mouth and his tongue darted out to taste the blood gathered under his nails. ‘Bitter.’ He thought with a small grimace as the foul blood tainted his taste buds. There was a lot demons could tell about another being’s scent, but the life giving blood always spoke the truth of a person’s inner nature. The man standing before him was a liar, and a very good one at that.

The brunette watched the demon his blood away with an increasingly horrified expression on his face. His eyes darted to the bed and he saw Jimin lying there, seemingly asleep. ‘!’ Jimin’s roommate cursed internally, of all the times to have the male sleeping peacefully, it had to be when a demon (he assumed) was standing before him, ready to devour him or something equally foul. Jimin was either way too innocent for his own good, or he had absolutely no survival instincts. At all.

Namjoon stopped assessing the blood on his hands for a moment when he noticed the other male sneaking toward Jimin, his back facing the door and his eyes on the sleeping male. ‘What is this human doing?’ The demon’s eyes narrowed in suspicion, why wasn’t the human heading for the door?

The brunette heard a loud growl when he reached out toward Jimin with his hand. He wanted to wake his roommate up and get the hell out of the house while the demon was distracted with his blood, but he acted too slow. The brunette only had time to look up and meet red, furious eyes before the demon appeared in front of him and grabbed him by the throat. Claws dug into his neck and male gasped for air as he desperately tried to pry the hands off his neck.

“Now, you will cease to vex me and pollute Jimin with your foul existence, human.” Namjoon bit out through gritted teeth as he tightened his vice like grip on the other male. The human’s face turned a bright red and his wide brown eyes slowly faded. Namjoon smirked in triumph. ‘Almost done-‘

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? JIN HYUNG!” A sweet voice reached Namjoon’s sensitive ears, and as much as he wanted to hear Jimin screaming (preferably his name in the throes of passion), he didn’t want his intended screaming at him. Confused and a little surprised, Namjoon dropped the human (he refused to call him Jin) to the floor.

Jimin was sitting up in the bed, his hair ruffled from sleep, but he immediately jumped up and ran to Jin’s side. “Hyung, are you okay? What happened?”

Jin’s eyes watered as he coughed, though that didn’t stop him from glancing up at Namjoon with an overly exaggerated look of fear on his face. “Jimin-ah, don’t worry about me, save yourself.” Jin rasped and Namjoon bared his teeth in warning at the human, though he dropped the face when Jimin turned to look at him.

“Namjoon! What were you doing to Jin hyung!? You could have killed him!” He shouted, his eyes glaring at the demon accusingly.

Namjoon eyed his intended in confusion. “Of course I could have, asphyxiation kills most anything.” He replied. He was prepared to kill the human who dared to harm his intended; shouldn’t Jimin be fawning over him for displaying what a great caregiver he was being?

Jimin gasped and stood up, leaving Jin on the floor as he walked up toward the tall demon standing in his room. “You can’t just kill my roommate!” He exclaimed, his face flushing with anger. “Killing someone, for any reason, is just immoral and wrong!”

Namjoon eyed the angered flush creeping down Jimin’s neck and he his lips before he shook off his growing urges. He had a hysterical male to deal with and he was baffled at how Jimin was defending Jin, the man who was now sitting on the floor with a smug expression on his face as he watched Jimin yell at Namjoon.

“Immoral, you say?” Namjoon finally spoke, stepping close to Jimin and leaning down until his face was mere inches from the shorter male’s. “Jimin, surely you know that the disposal of a , especially one who has dared to touch the next ruler of Astale, is nothing to fret over?” Jimin’s eyes widened in shock at the vulgar word used to describe Jin, he opened his mouth to defend his hyung, but was interrupted by Namjoon. “And as my future concubine, should you not be the one to beat off all competition, lest I waver in my proposal?” Namjoon asked, his eyes glancing meaningfully between Jin and Jimin, though he knew that he would never trade someone as innocent and sweet as Jimin for a common promiscuous human. He just said that to test Jimin, to see if he was willing to fight for Namjoon was well.

Jimin gasped again and his body reacted before his mind could. His hand shot out and slapped Namjoon, catching the demon by surprise and turning his head with the force of the blow. The harsh sound echoed in the room and Jimin heard Jin gasp behind him, and internally Jimin did the same. Though when Namjoon went still and Jimin’s hand stayed in the air, his mind caught up and Jimin gulped. ‘Oh ! I just slapped a demon. I’m gonna die!’

Namjoon slowly backed to his full height and he brought his hand up, making Jimin flinch on instinct. The demon frowned and he rubbed his jaw, a bright red handprint covering the lower half of his cheek and marring his perfect features.

The pain brought up a memory of long ago, when Namjoon was young and his father punished him with a slap that made him stay away from the kitchens for a while, though he was back again the next week, pouring another vial of poison into his father’s food. However his efforts proved to be fruitless when the older demon merely got an upset stomach for the evening.

Jimin had his eyes clenched shut and he trembled as he waited for the demon to strike him down or claw him to death, what he did not expect was to hear a deep chuckle.

“Heh, it seems that you have a rather feisty streak in you, Jimin.” Namjoon said. Jimin looked up at him in confusion and the silver haired man smirked as he leaned toward Jimin and gently grasped his chin. “I do like a little challenge.” With that said, Namjoon leaned forward and kissed Jimin again, though this time he wasn’t gentle at all.

Jin sat on the floor, wide-eyed as the demon practically ate Jimin’s mouth. The smaller male responded hesitantly and Jin watched enviously as the smaller male lifted a hand and grabbed onto Namjoon’s shirt and pulled him closer. ‘What the hell!? Why is Jimin letting him-‘

As soon as the protest crossed Jin’s mind, Jimin yelped and drew away from Namjoon, his hand immediately flying up to his lips.

Namjoon the corner of his mouth and the sweetest blood he’d ever tasted flooded his senses, bringing him a rush of euphoric pleasure that made shiver run down his spine and his wings coil and uncoil on reflex. Oh, he was definitely going to make Jimin his.

Jimin gaped at the practically ing demon in shock, his fingers tenderly probing the broken and sensitive skin on his full bottom lip. “You bit me!” he exclaimed in shock and disbelief.

Namjoon opened his eyes and looked back down at Jimin with another fanged smirk on his face, his dimples peeking out and his eyes flashing a deep amber. “Yes, and you struck me. Now we are even, Jimin.” He purred the petite male’s name and Jimin flushed despite the pain radiating from his lip.

Jin blinked. “Did you two while I was gone?”

“N-no!” Jimin gasped and flushed even more. He was a little flustered and surprised as well, didn’t Jin hyung hate cursing?

Namjoon drew away from Jimin and glared back down at Jin with an irritated, yet still smug, expression on his face. “Who gave you permission to speak, harlot?”

Jin glared back at him and stood up, finally dropping the grievously wounded act. “I did, you gothic .” Both males growled and tried to step up into each other’s faces, yet Jimin stood his ground and placed as small palm on both their chests to keep them from fighting. ‘Aish, why did I ever think life was boring?! God, I take it back!’ Jimin pleaded mentally when Jin cursed and grabbed Namjoon’s hair, yanking the silver strands out viciously. The demon growled and he responded in kind, his lanky arms easily reaching around Jimin and grabbing ahold of Jin’s glossy brown locks.

“LET GO!” Jin huffed, wincing when Namjoon tightened his hold in retaliation.

“DO NOT ORDER ME!” The demon replied, holding in a yelp when Jin yanked more hair off his head.

The two males refused to let go and continued arguing as they pushed and pulled at one another, forgetting about Jimin and nearly smashing him in between them as they fought like grade-schoolers.

“HYUNG, NAMJOON, STOP!!”

In response to Jimin, the neighbors began banging on the wall, muffled shouts of “Shut UP!” reaching the petite male’s ears.

 


[]♦[]