“...passion.”

“To me, Sungyeol is…”

a/n: so, after almost five months (?) i'm back.

this chapter wasn't easy, what i first thought. but once i got a lot of ideas, i couldn't stop writing and now it's finished. (it still took me a lot of time and i'm seriously so sorry, thanks for keeping up with a lazy bun like me >.<) 

this one is 100 words longer than the previous chapter but still not even 1k words orz

maybe i'll write a lot the next time, i don't know.

 

anyway, have fun!

- hanie

 


 

Now it was Woohyun's turn. He thought the whole time it would be easy because it's his friend. However, once Sunggyu started talking, he was at a loss of word.

“What's wrong, Woohyun?” their leader asked with raised eyebrows and a question mark on his face. “Are you scared?”

“Hah! As if!” he said and sat down on the chair in front of Myungsoo's camera. “Why would I be... scared?” He became insecure second by second. This wasn't easy at all.

Dongwoo tried to help him out and took over his role, “So, what does Sungyeol make you feel like?”

Woohyun thought for some time and fiddled with the hem of his shirt. “Is it okay to say anything?” he asked no one in particular.

Everyone nodded.

“Then,” he started, still nervously fiddling with his clothes, “Sungyeol makes me feel like I lack passion at times.” He said it in one breath. And he turned red because it was embarrassing for him to say it out loud. “Sadly, I am someone to loose confidence really quickly once something doesn't turn out the way I want it to be. And Sungyeol was doing a lot better than me during “High School: Love On!”. I practised with him and realised I was no match for him.”

Dongwoo sensed the gloomy aura that was coming from the man on the chair, so he quickly said, “Which characteristics make you think so?” to guide his thoughts in a different direction.

Woohyun sighed. “Well, he had this serious look all the time and always listened to what the director said and never even gave me or the others the feeling he did it half-heartedly. Even Saeron was all smiley around him, complimenting him.” He sighed again. “Like, I don't know how he does that, but his eyes become full of life and his smile is brighter than any of his other smiles when someone praises him.”

The second oldest didn't know what to ask anymore. So, for some seconds, it was quiet.

The greasy man scrunched his nose. “I don't hate Sungyeol for that, I actually...” He sighed for the third time. The next words weren't easy for him to admit. “I... admire him.”

Sunggyu smiled, “That's why you secretly sneaked up to all his solo scenes without him noticing?”

“H-hey, why did you reveal that?!” he stuttered.

“That's what he was doing in his free time?” Dongwoo piped up and grinned. “And here I thought it was because of your script.”

Hoya, being the one staying silent the whole time, shook his head amused. “Even though I know what you are talking about, that's so childish.” However, his happy facial expression made these words sound friendly.

Woohyun blushed and avoided the camera, the embarrassment killing him slowly. “It's not my fault that he's a really good actor and that I learned quite a lot of things from working with him.”

“Took you long enough to voice that out,” the leader again and everyone laughed.

The greasy man hid his face in his palms and mumbled something no one could catch. They didn't get the chance to ask what he actually said, because in the next moment the man in front of the camera revealed his red face and shouted, “You're okay the way you are!” and catching everyone off-guard.

Another fit of laughter followed with the reason that they've never seen Woohyun act like this.

“So, always remember, Yeol hyung, Woohyun hyung is your biggest fan!” Sungjong shouted from the back.

Sungyeol's biggest fan didn't deny it, instead he pouted. “Just his passion, okay?! Don't get me wrong!”

“Sure, sure.” the eldest rolled his eyes. “But back to Sungyeol... what advices do you have for him?”

Thinking for some seconds, Woohyun looked right into the camera, opening his mouth to breath in and out. He then said, “Don't overthink every action of yours. You're a valuable member of INFINITE.” Looking a bit lost for a second, he continued, “I'm not one to speak, everyone knows that I was in a slump and you probably felt the same back then during those eight months. However, I know that you're capable of many things. You do have talent, don't ever tell yourself you don't have anything that you can be proud of.”

“Oh, that's deep,” Sungjong teased.

“Oh, shut up.” the greasy man growled, “Anyway, I finally understand how you've been feeling and if you don't mind, let's talk. We should be close, we're friends, we're a family. We always try to help wherever we can and I really don't mind listening even though I really love to talk myself.” he smiled. “Though, you should expect me to talk, too, and never stop.” And a laugh brightened up Woohyun's once gloomy face. “But seriously, I'm not someone to let you down if you ever need any help or someone to lean on. I know, Myungsoo might be the first one you want to talk to, but I guess everyone here thinks the same, that you should rely on every single one of us. We might not be able to help you but I'm sure together we might be able to overcome anything that troubles you.”

The others agreed and smiled.

“By the way, because I learned quite some tricks to act better, you might want to take lessons for aegyo, that's something I can help you perfect!” he winked and ended his part of the video with a bunch of finger hearts.

Halfway down, everyone sighed in relief and the three remaining people prepared themselves to be able to talk about their friend without embarrassing themselves like Woohyun did.