1 of 1

Futon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*and yes the chapter title is supposed to coincide with SHINee's, and now please continue reading*

 

 

 

 

"Hey baby, i'll have to work overtime again since i have a presentation tomorrow. Sry:(" He sighed as he placed his phone back on his office table. He felt guilty doing this to his sweet unknowing boyfriend, but he wasn't lying. Technically. Since he did have a presentation, but it was due next week. He leaned back against his chair, a puff of air was pushed out of his mouth, as he ruffled his hair. When did they get to the stage of lying to each other? Correction, him lying to Mark. He was very very sorry for lying, but Youngjae had such an amazing laughter, so amazing that it was almost rivalling Mark's, and such a humorous and bright personality that it lights up his dull workdays. So he figured wouldn't tell Mark, since he wasn't willing to let go of his boyfriend, his cute, innocent and naïve Mark. Yet. 

-Beep-

     He snapped out of his thoughts as he grabbed his phone, hoping it was a reply message from sweet Mark. He was disappointed. It was from Mark's best friend. He had disliked Jackson from the first time he had seen him for obvious reasons, for to him, he was always eyeing his boyfriend, and being way too touchy with him. 'Hey Im Jaebum, you using your usual excuse again? Can you at least come up with something better? Just wanted to tell you, whatever you think you're doing right now, don't you dare hurt Mark. Just break up with him. Don't you dare break him by cheating on him. Or i'll ing break ALL your bones, heard me? Oh and i just wanted to let you know, Mark rejected my offer of going over for fear of you saying he was cheating on your undeserving . And i'm his best friend, and if he rejected my offer, what does that say about him? What does that say about YOU?" To say he was pissed was the least. He threw his phone back to his desk. How dare that bastard threaten him, Im Jaebum? He growled as he ran a hand threw his hair, before slamming them onto his desk.

     "Ah Jaebum, is everything alright?" A voice filled with concern came from his cubicle door, as a head popped out into view, a worried expression displayed on the face. Jaebum lifted his head, a whisp of a smile appearing on his face. He almost sprinted to the entrance to pull Youngjae into his cubicle, before pulling him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around Youngjae's shoulder before burying his face into Youngjae's neck. He felt Youngjae stiffen before tentative arms came up to rub his back. This was what he was talking about. Youngjae could always make him feel better after a ty day. "So can you tell me what happened now?" Youngjae continued, after feeling that his colleague has calmed down enough already.

     Jaebum sighed, for the umpteenth time today. He brought a chair out for Youngjae, before sitting back on his swivelling chair. "Nothing much, just ugh. Mark's best friend's been threatening to steal Mark away and , but whatever, he isn't important." He lifted up his head to look at Youngjae when he felt the calming hand rubbing his hand stop, just to see a disappointed frown on Youngaje's face.

     "What's wro—"

     "Im Jaebum, why are you so pissed off at Mark's best friend? What does that show? Think about that please?  Please make up your mind before you end up hurting others, especially those very dear to you." Youngjae sighed, removing himself from his crush's grasp before walking to the door. "Also, you wouldn't know how much i'll give to have a loyal and loving boyfriend waiting for me back at home. Make up your mind." He added before walking out. His head's pounding, and his heart felt as if it had been shattered into thousands of shards, as his eyes were filled with tears. But he would not stoop down so low as to break up a mendable relationship. He had that much of self-respect and pride.

     Jaebum leaned his head back onto the backrest. He brought both hands up to his hair as he ruffled it, letting out a pained growl. He thought about what Youngjae had said.

     The first time Jaebum saw Mark, he felt as though he had just met an angel. An angel that had rosy and soft-looking lips, innocent and bright eyes, cute and contagious laughter, and the perfect height and size to fit with him like a puzzle piece. So during their first tutoring session, nothing went into his head, all he could do was stare at Mark's lips. So to see more of him, he blurted out a "Hey you want to hang out with me and my friends tomorrow?" right after the tutoring session.

     And it was then that he realised that he might have liked Mark a bit too much to be considered as friendly love because he might have regretted introducing Mark to his friends, since Mark became exceptionally close to one of his friends, Jackson Wang. Both of them were like the opposite poles of a magnet, so different personality-wise, yet so much similarities. Hearing things like 'opposites attract' and 'Jark' as Jackson says made him filled to the brim with unease and jealousy. So to overcome that green monster, Jaebum worked up his courage to ask Mark to be his boyfriend, so that he would always be by his side, and Mark's answer was enough to wash away all the remaining unease and become a sweet and gooey puddle of melted fluff. And as if his perfect, sweet self wasn't enough already, Mark seemed to know about how Jaebum is easily jealous and hot-tempered, he made it a point to distance himself away from Jackson, the main cause of jealousy.

     Their first date was even better than how he imagined it would be. They held hands throughtout the date, Mark not once complaining about his sweaty palms, ate dinner, and watched a movie. The day passed quickly, and soon they had to head back to their dorms. After walking Mark back to his room, Jaebum pressed a quick kiss onto his lips, and his breathe hitched when Mark pulled him down for a deeper kiss, arms thrown over his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter