TWO

Blind Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is two in the morning and Mark was already waiting at the arrival halls to fetch Seungwan after her long flight from Mississippi. Knowing how much she hated flying ever since she was younger, he came well prepared with a buttery and flavorful egg salad sandwich, a snack she loved munching on when she desire some distraction.

 

He took a seat directly in front of the gates and started dazing into his own world.

 

"I wonder how Seungwan looks like.. we have never exchanged pictures of each other," he thought.

 

He stared down at the sandwich he was carrying and grinned upon how the littlest details about her when they were younger could have an impact towards their future selves.

 

Slowly as time passes by, memories of their kiddy adventures were brought up to his mind.

 

Mark recalled about that one time he moved from L.A to Mississippi. It was only the first day since moving and he was only five at the time and was riding his tricycle by the pathway in front of his house while his parents were bringing in the boxes from the moving truck simultaneously watching over him from a distance. At one time, he lost control of his little bike as he was still learning how to cycle, he banged onto a tree and fell off from it.

 

From a peripheral view, he saw how frantic his parent's expressions were while they ran towards him. As he was expecting their arrival,  a tiny little girl, whose skin as white as snow, with dark hair and brown eyes came running down instead.

 

She was wearing a cute polka dot pink dress which her parents obviously chose for her and went towards him, giving him a hug after witnessing the fall. Apparently the tree which Mark crashed onto was directly in front of the little girl's house and she was having her own playtime when the incident happened. Both parents who were there to watch their little interaction grew fond of these two such that they made plans to have a play date every fortnight.

 

It was a memory which Mark promises to treasure for as long as a single breath leaves his body. It was the moment he and Seungwan met. She was his only true friend, she has always been there for him through his ups and downs and only she knows what's best for him just as well as how he knew her. They were inseparable. From pre-school, middle school and high school until he left. They were like batman and robin, if either batman and robin were attracted to the other.

 

Mark knew he'd always believe that there can be no perfect girl for him other than Seungwan. But he's always too afraid that he'd lose out due to her awesome personality which made her a likeable person anywhere she is. But she was always denying it. She always see herself as a loser who would never make it. She kept on acknowledging that Mark was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter